Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Glitter.

Re: Could this be used in the people mover's place?

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    It's to small of a vehicle for the top to be closed. I'm not claustrophobic, but that looks like to small of a closed in space for two people.
    Disney will probably modify it.

• Old Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleMover Eric View Post
    Nope. Too expensive.
    If Disney got those they wouldn't pay for those. They would be showcasing "Innovative GM technology" ie free advertising, and, just like in the old days, get the vehicles for free.

However, since GM's contract with Disney for Test Track is already on sketchy ground AS IS I doubt they would be willing to produce 20 working models of a concept car for free no matter how much publicity they would receive.

• Old Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Just makes me wonder .. what in the heck is really going on at WDI. I want to have faith they are working on a new concept for the Peoplemover track. This has just been going on for far too long! (10 years to be exact!)
    If anything is going on for Tomorrowland, don't expect it to be announced until after most of the DCA expansion.

Between that, the redo of WDW's fantasyland, the expansion of Hong Kong, and the new park in Shanghai Imagineering has their hands full and there's no money left

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Weekly-Visitor View Post
    and there's no money left
    I've learned not to second guess Disney's finances in any discussion format.

Not a multi-Billion dollar entertainment conglomerate who spent 4 Billion on Marvel .. and is spending well over a Billion on the near NextGen technology.

They are not hurting!

• Old Member

Wasn't saying that they are. But the parks aren't generating enough revenue for them to triple their annual investments in Anaheim...

• Planning my next trip

Wasn't saying that they are. But the parks aren't generating enough revenue for them to triple their annual investments in Anaheim...
    I dont think they ever would/could.

If management just thinks of the parks as ATMs, the cost-benefit ratio would be paramount in their decision making. So in a sense, there is no reason to drop a money bomb to fix what isnt broken. (In their eyes).

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    The walnut-shell like frame on the smart car gives it a 5 star rating - which is a higher crash rating than certain American-made mini-vans and SUVs.
    I have a hard time believing that. If that thing was hit by an SUV, it would bounce around the surrounding area like a pinball. The driver in the SUV would sya,"Whoa, did you feel that bump?"

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• U. B. Bold

Thankfully, TDA seems to finally be catching on to is the issue of capacity. The old PeopleMover had a whopping capacity of 3800 guests per hour. They didn't call it the People Eater for nothing. Just think folks, if a PM-like attraction were to return to those overhead tracks, that would be a potential 3800 people per hour that would not be in your way on the paths, in front of you in line, pushing a stroller into your ankles, or getting a better spot for the fireworks than you. Disneyland desperately needs more capacity. Throwing money at the PM tracks (and the old carousel theater which gobbled up an additional 3600 per hr) actually makes a great deal of sense.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Artistic integrity

But the parks aren't generating enough revenue for them to triple their annual investments in Anaheim...
    Not meaning to get testy at all - just playing devils .. but I think too many of us on discussion boards love playing Accounteneer ... but the truth is .. nobody knows the true scope of Disney finances. All anyone can do is "second guess".

Now .. as a person of experience who's had a few interesting private conversations among Disney executives in the past .. through the Burbank offices .... Disneyland turns a very tidy profit!

I have no figures in front of me. It would just be "Greek" to me, and millions others even if I did ... but that's what I've been told - and not just some "blue bird on my shoulder."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12