Disney Gallery - Art of Disneyland Exhibit

Quite a few years back I had a poster/print of the Rocket to the Moon that was part of the Art of Disneyland Exhibit at the Disney Gallery. It was similar to all prints in the exhibit and had a pastel colored border that read Art of Disneyland at the bottom. Unfortunately, it was destroyed the last time I moved. Is there anywhere online to find the exhibit prints either for sale or for viewing? I've looked quite a bit with no luck and figured this would be the best place to ask. Thanks.

• Minion

Re: Disney Gallery - Art of Disneyland Exhibit

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway1981 View Post
    Quite a few years back I had a poster/print of the Rocket to the Moon that was part of the Art of Disneyland Exhibit at the Disney Gallery. It was similar to all prints in the exhibit and had a pastel colored border that read Art of Disneyland at the bottom. Unfortunately, it was destroyed the last time I moved. Is there anywhere online to find the exhibit prints either for sale or for viewing? I've looked quite a bit with no luck and figured this would be the best place to ask. Thanks.
    Much to me delight, the Disney Gallery has brought back all the artwork from the Art of Disneyland promotion they did for the 50th Anniversary. I bought several of them years ago and always regretted not buying the Ryman print of the castle. I asked for years if they were able to get it for me and they always said no. I looked for it on Ebay all the time with no luck either. Finally in February, while checking out the new Gallery, they had them all available again. Needless to say, I didn't let the opportunity pass me by again. ($785.00 later)
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Much to me delight, the Disney Gallery has brought back all the artwork from the Art of Disneyland promotion they did for the 50th Anniversary. I bought several of them years ago and always regretted not buying the Ryman print of the castle. I asked for years if they were able to get it for me and they always said no. I looked for it on Ebay all the time with no luck either. Finally in February, while checking out the new Gallery, they had them all available again. Needless to say, I didn't let the opportunity pass me by again. ($785.00 later)
    Thanks!! Are they all available through the Art on Demand (I think thats what its called) kiosks? I didn't know they brought them all back for the 50th. If I remember right, I bought my original sometime in the early 90s.

The print you are talking about related to the first exhibit in the Disney Gallery when it opened in 1987. I have only seen those posters on eBay. I don't believe the posters have been available at DL. Some of the artwork that was depicted in the posters though has been available.
    The Mur

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    The print you are talking about related to the first exhibit in the Disney Gallery when it opened in 1987. I have only seen those posters on eBay. I don't believe the posters have been available at DL. Some of the artwork that was depicted in the posters though has been available.
    Yes, you are correct (impressive memory). Those were posters released when the Gallery first opened. I actually bought that set of 5 posters on Ebay about 6 months ago, just for the one of the castle. (of course before they made it available again On Demand). They are the concept artwork done by Herb Ryman and have different pastel colored borders around them.
    The ones available On Demand are the same artwork only they don't have the border or the "Art of Disneyland" writing on them. You can order them in different sizes and even done on canvas and framed (that's what I did)

You can order them from any of the On Demand kiosks in World of Disney, Off the Page, Disneyanna and The Disney Gallery. Surprisingly Disneyanna has the best selection of frames for them. Also be aware, none of the "On Demand" artwork is printed there anymore. It is all done on the East Coast and shipped to you. The shipping is outrageous. For my two framed canvases, it was over $150.00.

Hope this helps.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

WHAT!! They don't do the print on demand there?
    I realize the custom framming was done off sight, but to not be able to pick it up at DL or a central site, perhaps World of Disney is ridiculous. And then to charge those outrageous delivery fees is just unacceptable.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    The shipping is outrageous. For my two framed canvases, it was over $150.00.

Ouch! someone is making some $$$$$
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz