Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Talking I won the grand price at the Disney's food and wine demo at Bloomingdales-trip report

Called Bloomingdale's South Coast Plaza and made reservations for tonight's demo a couple weeks ago. We had to pay 25.00 a person but we got it back in two 25.00 gift cards one for each my fiancee and me. I have been sick the last two days but decided getting out of the house for a couple hours would be good. The demo ended up being 2 hours only a few seats were empty. There was roughly 30 people there. Everything was set up nicely with black tables and chair four people per table. On our table was a glass or wine and a water with lemon for each person and a nice table setting. They also gave us 20 percent off coupons to Bloomingdale's.

They announced chef Jason from Steakhouse 55 was the chef and he began. First course was berchetta- sourdough bread with glazed onions, tomatoes, olives and a piece of cheese. It was very good and he did a good job explaining how to make it. It was complimented by a dirty wine that he says smelt like the cellars floor. (sorry I don't know my wines).

Next course was Mac and Cheese- noodles, cheese sauce, bread crumbs, bacon and chives. It also was very good and tasty. Kinda reminded me of the mac and cheese dish they serve at legoland in the sea aquarium. This one was paired with a wine the was like a black raspberry or another person in the audience said it taste like chocolate.

Now the main and last course Steak with sweet potatoes and a green sauce. I like this one allot especially the sweet potatoes.

I thought everything was organized well and Chef Jason did a very good job explaining the demos and the wine. Very good choice in food there was anything I didn't like and normally I am a picky eater.

After we were done eating the producer of the food and wine festival and other Disney executives talk about the food and wine festival. They talked about the food demos, the beer and wine walks and demos. They also said most of the signature events were full or were almost full. What I was excited about was they are bring back the little portions they sold two years ago. They were just the right amount of food and they were around 5.00. I t was a good snack in between demos.

Last but not least was prize time. First prize was a stuff animal mickey and mickey mouse pot holders. This prize also came with a tall wine glass and a big red Disneyland resort bag. They drew the name and we did not win. The next and last prize was four park hoppers to the Disneyland resort good through Sept 15Th. I was so shocked when they called my name. That just made my night. Considering my fiancee and I have premium annual passes, now we got four passes to bring some friends with us a share the magic with them. To me tonight was a very magical night!!!

Last edited by disneylandkitty; 03-27-2010 at 12:42 AM.

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Re: I won the grand price at the Disney's food and wine demo at Bloomingdales-trip re

wow congrats!

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: I won the grand price at the Disney's food and wine demo at Bloomingdales-trip re

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    First price was a stuff animal mickey and mickey mouse pot holders. This price also came with a tall wine glass and a big red disneyland resort bag.
    I'm guessing the word of the day is prize, not price.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

lol... I must be tired let me fix that.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

lol... I must be tired let me fix that.
    While you in there fixing that, you might want to look at some of the other words
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    While you in there fixing that, you might want to look at some of the other words
    I hope that's better for you!!

• Merry 2014!

I think you won the best prize!

Also, since DLFreak71 jumped in,
    I believe you wanted to use the word Course instead of Coarse. Coarse means rough and Course means a round or segment in a series like a dinner.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Congratulations...cant beat that! Lucky.....
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Congrats!! Don't you love winning free prizes? I went to a local food demo show once and they were drawing names for cook books. They drew one name and the man pronounced it Va-mar-ree, and my name is Venneri. I groaned out, oh man so close!!! My husband looked at me and said Seriously? That's your name dear! Total blond moment!! LOL
    Yaye!

• Hukuna Matata!

Congrats to you, anytime a micechatter wins is a good time, hope to see some pics.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

OMG that's so awesome. What a perfect prize for a Disney fan! I don't have much luck, the best thing I ever won was a free spell check program in 1998.

• Minion

Pics are coming tonight

Congratulations. I am glad you enjoyed the event. I really wanted to go to one of them. But I couldn't make it up there. They are only doing one in San Diego and it is not with the chef I wanted to see. Oh well.

• Mischievous Mouse

Congrats, cant wait to see pics!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

my fiancee and me.
    Hold the phone! When did this happen? Congrats to both I guess!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast