Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney Dad & Disney Nuts

Angry Priority Seating now Available at Carnation Cafe!

Hi All,

Just returned from tha weekend trip to DLR and some great fun Trick or Treating over at DCA on Saturday night!

We spent the entire day over at DL having our usuall fun and planned to have a delicious meal at Carnation Cafe an hour or so before the Halloween event opened at DCA.

Well much to our surprise we found out that Carnation Cafe now offers priority seating. Because of this it took us 45 minutes to get a table!

Just passing a message on to the internet community that reservations aur now being taken at Carnation Cafe for Dinner.

Just hoping other don't get the same surprise we did thinking we were going to sit down to eat soon being the second group in line but come to find out there are reservations for a party of 12 and party of 16 ahead of us. The Hostess did not tell us about the pritority seating until 30 minutes into our wait in line and the most galling fact was the groups shouwed up late and not everyone in there party was there so in the end thay had half the resturant reserved off for two parties that did not even order there food, until after we finally received ours 45 minutes after they sat down.

A Definite GRR!!! teeth clinching moment at DL

In the end though the Halloween event was soo good! and sooo much fun! - I think it might have been the most fun I have had at DCA Ever !!!

Thanks,
    WDI

• ...lurks...

Re: Priority Seating now Available at Carnation Cafe!

Quote Originally Posted by WDI
    Hi All,

Just returned from tha weekend trip to DLR and some great fun Trick or Treating over at DCA on Saturday night!

We spent the entire day over at DL having our usuall fun and planned to have a delicious meal at Carnation Cafe an hour or so before the Halloween event opened at DCA.

Well much to our surprise we found out that Carnation Cafe now offers priority seating. Because of this it took us 45 minutes to get a table!

Just passing a message on to the internet community that reservations aur now being taken at Carnation Cafe for Dinner.

Just hoping other don't get the same surprise we did thinking we were going to sit down to eat soon being the second group in line but come to find out there are reservations for a party of 12 and party of 16 ahead of us. The Hostess did not tell us about the pritority seating until 30 minutes into our wait in line and the most galling fact was the groups shouwed up late and not everyone in there party was there so in the end thay had half the resturant reserved off for two parties that did not even order there food, until after we finally received ours 45 minutes after they sat down.

A Definite GRR!!! teeth clinching moment at DL

In the end though the Halloween event was soo good! and sooo much fun! - I think it might have been the most fun I have had at DCA Ever !!!

Thanks,
    WDI

At Carnation Cafe? Really? Eewww.

•   
    • Minion

It just goes with my theory that people need to plan where they eat at the park... It's something that you now have to think about in advance and work your day around...

Granted it was always the case, I am just surprised that it is getting to the point where you have to call for a reservation days in advance... Disneyland should not be the next French Laundry in St Helena (a notorious restarant that only takes reservations several months in advance, and actually fills with in minutes of dates opening...)
    Check out my other blog:

• I'm your huckleberry.

Is this dinner only, or lunch as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    .... I am just surprised that it is getting to the point where you have to call for a reservation days in advance... Disneyland should not be the next French Laundry in St Helena (a notorious restarant that only takes reservations several months in advance, and actually fills with in minutes of dates opening...)

Holy-Schmoly!! That's NUTZ!!

• Puppy Cuddles

I agree, the whole thing is getting ridiculous. When my dad was in town last week, I wanted to take him to the Blue Bayou, but lo and behold the only openings were for two days after my dad was going to leave. Now I admit that I should have known better and I usually call in advance, but I would have been so irked if I were there on an actual vacation and I couldn't get in because I didn't plan out my time to the minute two weeks ahead of time. I just thought the whole thing was ridiculous. I know better now, but what about the other guests for the day?
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Banned User

I thought they always had priority there...
    I did it for breakfast there in July!

I do, however, agree that they shouldn't do these at all!
    It should be first come first serve the DAY OF...
    I'd rather spend 20 minutes in line the day I am craving
    something there rather than 30 minutes on the phone
    up to a month ahead of the planned visit.
    Just like you have to run to get to Splash mountain first...
    you should have to run to get in line at your favorite
    restaurant!

Smile Re: Priority Seating now Available at Carnation Cafe!

We did PS for Carnation in June. I thought they had been a PS location for a long time. One thing I noticed this year is that they seem to book up all the tables they can for PS. You can't get walkup at BB or PI charachter breakfast like you could in the past. I think that is over-doing it a bit much. It is hard to plan a month in advance where you will be eating. Back to Carnation, they will only book up to parties of 8 over the phone. We had 9 this October and did make a reservation in person that morning.

Many moons ago, you could only make reservations at BB and those could be made in person the same day. Sometimes I wonder if that was better. I also remember when BB served breakfast. I wish they would do that again. It seems the dining options get fewer and fewer. I know they want to be more efficient and conserve expenses that come with many locations open, but I miss the old days
    I'd rather be at Disneyland!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

We did a PS here in June of this year. We got seated relatively quickly but it was one of the worst meals I've EVER had in the park. it was horrible.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Next thing you know you'll need a reservation for the Hungry Bear!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

we walked up and had lunch there in september, no reservation was needed. It was a really good meal, I thought. The loaded baked potato soup is one of the best soups I have ever had. I've never eaten dinner there though, so I don't know how good it is. No complaints here and I would defiitely eat lunch there again.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• ...lurks...

I had no idea about the reservation thing. I've always been able to walk up and get my stuff and eat.

• Minion

Makes sense to me. If Disneyland wants to be a destination much like Walt DisneyWorld, then it's in their best interest to cater to the vactioner rather than the local. That sucks for us, but hey, if they are visiting from out of town and spent thousands of dollars for their vacation, I can wait... Or go during the off-season.

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Makes sense to me. If Disneyland wants to be a destination much like Walt DisneyWorld, then it's in their best interest to cater to the vactioner rather than the local. That sucks for us, but hey, if they are visiting from out of town and spent thousands of dollars for their vacation, I can wait... Or go during the off-season.

I seriously don't like that way of thinking, but it makes business sense. I would think that the vacationers are the ones spending the most money. (comparing the average local person with the average vacationer).

Hmpf. Well, go figure. (= me bummed)...

•   
    • Minion

Mmmmm... corn dogs....
    Check out my other blog:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast