Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

I have a Deluxe Annual Pass with parking and I want to buy a blockout ticket for today. After some searching, I found out that my parking privilege is not valid today.

HOWEVER

Since I am buying a blockout ticket, will I be able to park for free in the structure once I buy the ticket? Or will they reimburse me at the ticket booth like they do when you upgrade to a premium pass? I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere, or find a number where I could talk to a live person about it. Anyone know the answer?

Walking in Walt's footsteps

Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

In my experience they will not reimburse you for parking. I visited in December on a blocked out day and even though I have parking on my pass and I purchased a blocked day ticket I still had to pay for parking. When I asked about it the CM helping me had a hard time explaining but what I got of out her explanation was unless I upgraded my pass to one that includes the blocked day I visited, my free parking was invalid. Or blocked out day = blocked out parking - unless your upgrade your AP to unblock that day.

It's certainly possible that this has changed but that was my experience.

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Lalalex View Post
    In my experience they will not reimburse you for parking. I visited in December on a blocked out day and even though I have parking on my pass and I purchased a blocked day ticket I still had to pay for parking. When I asked about it the CM helping me had a hard time explaining but what I got of out her explanation was unless I upgraded my pass to one that includes the blocked day I visited, my free parking was invalid. Or blocked out day = blocked out parking - unless your upgrade your AP to unblock that day.

Good to know. I was afraid that was probably the case. I'll have to see what I can come up with instead of paying the $14, although I'll probably end up having to.

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Good to know. I was afraid that was probably the case. I'll have to see what I can come up with instead of paying the $14, although I'll probably end up having to.
    maybe you will luck out and they won't charge. I accidentally brought my expired PAP once and they let us park for free. I didn't realize it was the wrong PAP until I tried to get into the parks.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    maybe you will luck out and they won't charge. I accidentally brought my expired PAP once and they let us park for free. I didn't realize it was the wrong PAP until I tried to get into the parks.
    I don't know how you lucked out, SCUBA. I noticed that the CMs now actually scan your AP and give you a parking stub with your actual name on it. Maybe the CM you got before was just lazy and printed up a "form" parking stub?

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I don't know how you lucked out, SCUBA. I noticed that the CMs now actually scan your AP and give you a parking stub with your actual name on it. Maybe the CM you got before was just lazy and printed up a "form" parking stub?
    maybe...when I got my temp pass for the day they did offer to reimburse my parking. That was nice of them. Of course I told them I didn't pay for parking.

• Nerd

Your experience should not have been the case if I'm understanding you correctly.

Bottom line is this....If you pay to unblock your pass and you have parking on your pass, they will reimburse you for your parking as well. That is the policy.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Your experience should not have been the case if I'm understanding you correctly.

Bottom line is this....If you pay to unblock your pass and you have parking on your pass, they will reimburse you for your parking as well. That is the policy.
    Well that stinks! I specifically asked about getting reimbursed when I bought my ticket that day and the ticket CM directed me to the AP center and when I asked there, and showed them the receipt for parking and my AP, the CM told me that I couldn't get reimbursed.

But good news for the OP!

• Minion

Actually, this is incorrect. A block out pass does not afford you either parking or discounts. If you unblock the pass, you will need to pay for parking still and you will not be reimbursed. If you upgrade to a higher pass with parking, you then will be reimbursed.

Also, discounts will not be in effect if the pass is blocked, even with a blockout ticket.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Actually, this is incorrect. A block out pass does not afford you either parking or discounts. If you unblock the pass, you will need to pay for parking still and you will not be reimbursed. If you upgrade to a higher pass with parking, you then will be reimbursed.

Also, discounts will not be in effect if the pass is blocked, even with a blockout ticket.
    She had indicated that her pass DID HAVE parking in which case what I said is true. you are correct if the pass doesn't have parking connected to it.

Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Nerd

Well that stinks! I specifically asked about getting reimbursed when I bought my ticket that day and the ticket CM directed me to the AP center and when I asked there, and showed them the receipt for parking and my AP, the CM told me that I couldn't get reimbursed.

But good news for the OP!
    yes it does. you should have been reimbursed. Next time ask for a lead, if you think you are correct and the explanation they give you doesn't make sense. By the way, the CM should have done it for you there at the booth. That isn't the type of thing the AP center usually handles.

• Minion

She had indicated that her pass DID HAVE parking in which case what I said is true. you are correct if the pass doesn't have parking connected to it.
    Actually, no. If she has parking on her pass, it is only available on the days her pass is not blocked out. The Blockout cost only allows access to the parks, not parking or discounts.

From Disneyland's AP website:

How much is it to add parking to my Annual Pass?Annual Passport parking is currently an additional $79.00 (prices subject to change without notice and no pro-rated discounts or refunds). Parking is already included in the Premium Annual Passport.

You may add the parking benefit to your Pass at any time by visiting the Annual Passport Processing Center located inside Disneyland® Park. If you paid for parking at any pay-on-entry parking lot at the Disneyland® Resort on the same day that you are adding the parking option to your current Annual Pass, present your paid parking ticket while upgrading and you will be reimbursed for the parking cost.

Parking benefit is not valid on Blockout days.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Actually, no. If she has parking on her pass, it is only available on the days her pass is not blocked out. The Blockout cost only allows access to the parks, not parking or discounts.

Parking benefit is not valid on Blockout days.

Ya...except if you unblock your ticket.

The parking benefit will not be given at the parking lot booth. If you take your parking receipt to the booth and UNBLOCK your ticket by paying the additional price, they will refund your parking.(if you have parking on your pass)

I'm getting this from a very close friend who works in the booths and trains others to work in the booths.

By the way, just because I'm saying it...doesn't mean there isn't confusion over this at the booths too. That could be why you didn't get the parking paid for.

• Missing an Angel

Ya...except if you unblock your ticket.

The parking benefit will not be given at the parking lot booth. If you take your parking receipt to the booth and UNBLOCK your ticket by paying the additional price, they will refund your parking.(if you have parking on your pass)

I'm getting this from a very close friend who works in the booths and trains others to work in the booths.
    Here's the bottom line. If you show up and you have parking on your pass and your AP is blocked out. You need to pay for parking. Parking will NOT be refunded because it was blocked out for that day. If you buy a blockout day ticket, it's for getting in the parks, not for parking your car.

You trainer friend needs to read the OG again.
    Last edited by Scurvy Pirate; 03-28-2010 at 09:16 PM.

• The Tomorrowland One

Please stop giving out wrong information. You make our job harder as a result.

Also, update your "close friend" on the AP Terms and Conditions. They are training it wrong.

This -

PARKING: The parking benefit, as applicable, is subject to availability and valid only at pay-on entry lots at the Disneyland® Resort. Parking is not guaranteed. Benefit not valid on an Annual Passport's corresponding blockout days. Annual Passholder must be in vehicle and present valid Annual Passport at time of entry to receive the parking benefit. The value of any separate ticket media may not be used toward the purchase of the parking benefit.

And This -

BLOCKOUT DAY TICKETS: A Blockout Day Ticket is a ticket which provides theme park entry on a blockout date and must be purchased by an Annual Passholder on a blockout date designated by his/her Annual Passport. A Blockout Day Ticket is nonrefundable, nontransferable, subject to availability, and valid only when purchased and used on the same day. Annual Passholder must present his/her valid Annual Passport AND valid Blockout Day Ticket to be admitted into the Disneyland® Resort theme parks on such day. The price of a Blockout Day Ticket may be applied towards the cost of upgrading one's Annual Passport to another Annual Passport or renewing one's existing Annual Passport. No change will be given. Only the Annual Passholder whose name appears on both the Annual Passport and the Blockout Day Ticket may apply the price of such Blockout Day Ticket towards the cost of such upgrade or renewal. The upgrade or renewal must be made on the same day that the Blockout Day Ticket is valid. Blockout date schedules are available on the Annual Passholder line at (714) 781-4567 and online at "disneyland.com/ap."

Nowhere in that wall of text that you agree to when you purchase an AP does it say that you get refunded for Parking on a Blockout Day if you purchase a Blockout Day Ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast