Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1

    • Former Starspeeder Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lodi
    Posts
    317

    Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    I have a Deluxe Annual Pass with parking and I want to buy a blockout ticket for today. After some searching, I found out that my parking privilege is not valid today.

    HOWEVER

    Since I am buying a blockout ticket, will I be able to park for free in the structure once I buy the ticket? Or will they reimburse me at the ticket booth like they do when you upgrade to a premium pass? I couldn't find the answer to this question anywhere, or find a number where I could talk to a live person about it. Anyone know the answer?

    Walking in Walt's footsteps

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    140

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    In my experience they will not reimburse you for parking. I visited in December on a blocked out day and even though I have parking on my pass and I purchased a blocked day ticket I still had to pay for parking. When I asked about it the CM helping me had a hard time explaining but what I got of out her explanation was unless I upgraded my pass to one that includes the blocked day I visited, my free parking was invalid. Or blocked out day = blocked out parking - unless your upgrade your AP to unblock that day.

    It's certainly possible that this has changed but that was my experience.

  3. #3

    • Former Starspeeder Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lodi
    Posts
    317

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Lalalex View Post
    In my experience they will not reimburse you for parking. I visited in December on a blocked out day and even though I have parking on my pass and I purchased a blocked day ticket I still had to pay for parking. When I asked about it the CM helping me had a hard time explaining but what I got of out her explanation was unless I upgraded my pass to one that includes the blocked day I visited, my free parking was invalid. Or blocked out day = blocked out parking - unless your upgrade your AP to unblock that day.

    It's certainly possible that this has changed but that was my experience.
    Good to know. I was afraid that was probably the case. I'll have to see what I can come up with instead of paying the $14, although I'll probably end up having to.

    Walking in Walt's footsteps

  4. #4

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Good to know. I was afraid that was probably the case. I'll have to see what I can come up with instead of paying the $14, although I'll probably end up having to.
    maybe you will luck out and they won't charge. I accidentally brought my expired PAP once and they let us park for free. I didn't realize it was the wrong PAP until I tried to get into the parks.

  5. #5

    • Don't Mess With The Duck!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa, California - USA
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    maybe you will luck out and they won't charge. I accidentally brought my expired PAP once and they let us park for free. I didn't realize it was the wrong PAP until I tried to get into the parks.
    I don't know how you lucked out, SCUBA. I noticed that the CMs now actually scan your AP and give you a parking stub with your actual name on it. Maybe the CM you got before was just lazy and printed up a "form" parking stub?

  6. #6

    • no flash photography...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In my own little world..
    Posts
    13,287

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I don't know how you lucked out, SCUBA. I noticed that the CMs now actually scan your AP and give you a parking stub with your actual name on it. Maybe the CM you got before was just lazy and printed up a "form" parking stub?
    maybe...when I got my temp pass for the day they did offer to reimburse my parking. That was nice of them. Of course I told them I didn't pay for parking.

  7. #7

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Lalalex View Post
    In my experience they will not reimburse you for parking. I visited in December on a blocked out day and even though I have parking on my pass and I purchased a blocked day ticket I still had to pay for parking. When I asked about it the CM helping me had a hard time explaining but what I got of out her explanation was unless I upgraded my pass to one that includes the blocked day I visited, my free parking was invalid. Or blocked out day = blocked out parking - unless your upgrade your AP to unblock that day.

    It's certainly possible that this has changed but that was my experience.
    Your experience should not have been the case if I'm understanding you correctly.

    Bottom line is this....If you pay to unblock your pass and you have parking on your pass, they will reimburse you for your parking as well. That is the policy.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    140

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Your experience should not have been the case if I'm understanding you correctly.

    Bottom line is this....If you pay to unblock your pass and you have parking on your pass, they will reimburse you for your parking as well. That is the policy.
    Well that stinks! I specifically asked about getting reimbursed when I bought my ticket that day and the ticket CM directed me to the AP center and when I asked there, and showed them the receipt for parking and my AP, the CM told me that I couldn't get reimbursed.

    But good news for the OP!

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,829

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Your experience should not have been the case if I'm understanding you correctly.

    Bottom line is this....If you pay to unblock your pass and you have parking on your pass, they will reimburse you for your parking as well. That is the policy.
    Actually, this is incorrect. A block out pass does not afford you either parking or discounts. If you unblock the pass, you will need to pay for parking still and you will not be reimbursed. If you upgrade to a higher pass with parking, you then will be reimbursed.

    Also, discounts will not be in effect if the pass is blocked, even with a blockout ticket.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  10. #10

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Actually, this is incorrect. A block out pass does not afford you either parking or discounts. If you unblock the pass, you will need to pay for parking still and you will not be reimbursed. If you upgrade to a higher pass with parking, you then will be reimbursed.

    Also, discounts will not be in effect if the pass is blocked, even with a blockout ticket.
    She had indicated that her pass DID HAVE parking in which case what I said is true. you are correct if the pass doesn't have parking connected to it.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  11. #11

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Lalalex View Post
    Well that stinks! I specifically asked about getting reimbursed when I bought my ticket that day and the ticket CM directed me to the AP center and when I asked there, and showed them the receipt for parking and my AP, the CM told me that I couldn't get reimbursed.

    But good news for the OP!
    yes it does. you should have been reimbursed. Next time ask for a lead, if you think you are correct and the explanation they give you doesn't make sense. By the way, the CM should have done it for you there at the booth. That isn't the type of thing the AP center usually handles.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,829

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    She had indicated that her pass DID HAVE parking in which case what I said is true. you are correct if the pass doesn't have parking connected to it.
    Actually, no. If she has parking on her pass, it is only available on the days her pass is not blocked out. The Blockout cost only allows access to the parks, not parking or discounts.

    From Disneyland's AP website:

    How much is it to add parking to my Annual Pass?Annual Passport parking is currently an additional $79.00 (prices subject to change without notice and no pro-rated discounts or refunds). Parking is already included in the Premium Annual Passport.

    You may add the parking benefit to your Pass at any time by visiting the Annual Passport Processing Center located inside Disneyland® Park. If you paid for parking at any pay-on-entry parking lot at the Disneyland® Resort on the same day that you are adding the parking option to your current Annual Pass, present your paid parking ticket while upgrading and you will be reimbursed for the parking cost.

    Parking benefit is not valid on Blockout days.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  13. #13

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Actually, no. If she has parking on her pass, it is only available on the days her pass is not blocked out. The Blockout cost only allows access to the parks, not parking or discounts.

    Parking benefit is not valid on Blockout days.

    Ya...except if you unblock your ticket.

    The parking benefit will not be given at the parking lot booth. If you take your parking receipt to the booth and UNBLOCK your ticket by paying the additional price, they will refund your parking.(if you have parking on your pass)

    I'm getting this from a very close friend who works in the booths and trains others to work in the booths.

    By the way, just because I'm saying it...doesn't mean there isn't confusion over this at the booths too. That could be why you didn't get the parking paid for.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  14. #14

    • Missing an Angel
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    618

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Ya...except if you unblock your ticket.

    The parking benefit will not be given at the parking lot booth. If you take your parking receipt to the booth and UNBLOCK your ticket by paying the additional price, they will refund your parking.(if you have parking on your pass)

    I'm getting this from a very close friend who works in the booths and trains others to work in the booths.
    Here's the bottom line. If you show up and you have parking on your pass and your AP is blocked out. You need to pay for parking. Parking will NOT be refunded because it was blocked out for that day. If you buy a blockout day ticket, it's for getting in the parks, not for parking your car.

    You trainer friend needs to read the OG again.
    Last edited by Scurvy Pirate; 03-28-2010 at 09:16 PM.

  15. #15

    • The Tomorrowland One
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    735

    Re: Annual Pass and Blockout Day Parking Question

    Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    She had indicated that her pass DID HAVE parking in which case what I said is true. you are correct if the pass doesn't have parking connected to it.
    Please stop giving out wrong information. You make our job harder as a result.

    Also, update your "close friend" on the AP Terms and Conditions. They are training it wrong.

    This -

    PARKING: The parking benefit, as applicable, is subject to availability and valid only at pay-on entry lots at the Disneyland® Resort. Parking is not guaranteed. Benefit not valid on an Annual Passport's corresponding blockout days. Annual Passholder must be in vehicle and present valid Annual Passport at time of entry to receive the parking benefit. The value of any separate ticket media may not be used toward the purchase of the parking benefit.

    And This -

    BLOCKOUT DAY TICKETS: A Blockout Day Ticket is a ticket which provides theme park entry on a blockout date and must be purchased by an Annual Passholder on a blockout date designated by his/her Annual Passport. A Blockout Day Ticket is nonrefundable, nontransferable, subject to availability, and valid only when purchased and used on the same day. Annual Passholder must present his/her valid Annual Passport AND valid Blockout Day Ticket to be admitted into the Disneyland® Resort theme parks on such day. The price of a Blockout Day Ticket may be applied towards the cost of upgrading one's Annual Passport to another Annual Passport or renewing one's existing Annual Passport. No change will be given. Only the Annual Passholder whose name appears on both the Annual Passport and the Blockout Day Ticket may apply the price of such Blockout Day Ticket towards the cost of such upgrade or renewal. The upgrade or renewal must be made on the same day that the Blockout Day Ticket is valid. Blockout date schedules are available on the Annual Passholder line at (714) 781-4567 and online at "disneyland.com/ap."

    Nowhere in that wall of text that you agree to when you purchase an AP does it say that you get refunded for Parking on a Blockout Day if you purchase a Blockout Day Ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Annual Pass Question/Blockout day ticket confusion
    By lillbren in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 12:35 PM
  2. [Question] Parking While Buying an Annual Pass
    By ltlmrm8 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 01:30 AM
  3. AP Parking pass question
    By PSP in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 11:09 PM
  4. Annual Pass Parking Locations: A Question and Discovery
    By MaryAnn in Wndrlnd in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 03:29 AM
  5. Annual Pass Question..
    By piratesmom in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 04:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •