Page 1 of 36 12341126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 530
  1. #1

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    No More MaliBOOMER!!!! (merged threads)

    I'm sure this is being talked about in the DCA Tracker Thread but I thought it had to be shared with the rest of the community! According to Al Lutz the Maliboomer will be torn down in September!!!!! That is earlier than thought! I'm soo excited!


  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,452

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Why so much disdain for the Maliboomer? It wasn't necessarily a terrible attraction.

  3. #3

    • Hukuna Matata!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    3,788

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Im bummed, I love boomer, It doesnt take up much space, its a great rush, you get a great view of anaheim. I will miss it, and definitly enjoy it more than I will a park.

  4. #4

    • Seasick
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,190

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    I don't like the scream shields, they make an otherwise fun carnival ride feel hot and claustrophobic. Totally ruins the thrill of being shot up in the open air.

    Regardless, it is just a cheap carny ride, that has no place in a Disney theme park, so I say good riddance to it.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

  5. #5

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    3,963

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    I'm with you on that Josh. I love the Maliboomer for all the reasons you said and more. I love rides like that. And for all we know, he could be wrong. You know Al's been wrong in the past before. Here's hoping he is because I really don't want to see Maliboomer gone
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

  6. #6

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Why so much disdain for the Maliboomer? It wasn't necessarily a terrible attraction.
    Because it's rusty, never had a major refurbishment/repainting since opening. It has a SPACE theme in the middle of paradise pier. It's not Disney quality by any stretch of the imagination even when comparing to the simple "teacups" style rides during the opening of Disneyland. It's a cheap thrill and an experience that I can have (and would rather have) on the 100+ million dollar tower of terror attraction that exists in the same park! Heck I could have the same experience 15 minutes down the 5 at Knott's. Doesn't belong and Disney finally realized that. Thank god.

    Honestly I can't believe you guys think it looks good. It doesn't. It's an eyesore. Especially when up-close to it.


  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,452

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Im bummed, I love boomer, It doesnt take up much space, its a great rush, you get a great view of anaheim. I will miss it, and definitly enjoy it more than I will a park.
    Yea seriously, I mean its no Supreme Scream but for Disney standards its a pretty aggresive and thrilling ride. And best thing of all there is never a line for it! Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't kill me to see it go but it's not like its the worst ride ever.

  8. #8

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Yea seriously, I mean its no Supreme Scream but for Disney standards its a pretty aggresive and thrilling ride.
    It's no Supreme Scream? Did you just say that Disney is lesser than Knott's in this case.

    That is why it needs to go.


  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    yay! no maliboomer! heres hoping al isn't wrong and this happens and doesn't get delayed

  10. #10

    • Functional & Decorative
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Eagle Rock, CA
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Because it's rusty, never had a major refurbishment/repainting since opening. It has a SPACE theme in the middle of paradise pier. It's not Disney quality by any stretch of the imagination even when comparing to the simple "teacups" style rides during the opening of Disneyland. It's a cheap thrill and an experience that I can have (and would rather have) on the 100+ million dollar tower of terror attraction that exists in the same park! Heck I could have the same experience 15 minutes down the 5 at Knott's. Doesn't belong and Disney finally realized that. Thank god.

    Honestly I can't believe you guys think it looks good. It doesn't. It's an eyesore. Especially when up-close to it.

    It's a SPACE theme? I thought it was themed to be one of those classic "Ring the Bell" carny attractions. Hence why there's a bell and a bell ring sound when you reach the top. And it's not the same as TOT or Supreme Scream at all... that drops you down, on this you get tossed up. A large difference in gravity, methinks.

    Personally, I love these Space Shots (the generic name of the ride). Most of these drop down, not go up, which I personally prefer.

    All that said, it's not really all that great of a match for DCA, so while I'll be bummed it'll be gone so abruptly, it's for the greater good.

    Now I'm wondering if Knott's will change one of their towers. When they originally got Supreme Scream, I believe they wanted at least one tower to go up, but they weren't allowed to because Disney had the local area rights to it at DCA. With the attraction gone, Knott's has a chance to upgrade/alter their attraction...
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

  11. #11

    • Dream in wonderful color!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    I don't dislike the MaliBOOMer, but I understand why they want to get rid of it. They're going for a specific time period at the pier and this ride just doesn't fit like the other ones do. You have Screamin which is supposed to look like a wooden coaster, a replica of the Coney Island Wonder Wheel, Silly Symphony Swings, etc. A Space Shot attraction doesn't exactly fit in with everything else.

    the only thing I worry about is - this is a huge structure. it will change the landscape of the area, some will argue in a good way. Still, I think the maliboomer is needed to provide a visual balance to other big structures on the opposite side of the pier.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

    "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    3,963

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Because it's rusty, never had a major refurbishment/repainting since opening. It has a SPACE theme in the middle of paradise pier. It's not Disney quality by any stretch of the imagination even when comparing to the simple "teacups" style rides during the opening of Disneyland. It's a cheap thrill and an experience that I can have (and would rather have) on the 100+ million dollar tower of terror attraction that exists in the same park! Heck I could have the same experience 15 minutes down the 5 at Knott's. Doesn't belong and Disney finally realized that. Thank god.

    Honestly I can't believe you guys think it looks good. It doesn't. It's an eyesore. Especially when up-close to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    It's a SPACE theme? I thought it was themed to be one of those classic "Ring the Bell" carny attractions. Hence why there's a bell and a bell ring sound when you reach the top.

    Personally, I love these Space Shots (the generic name of the ride). Most of these drop down, not go up, which I personally prefer.

    All that said, it's not really all that great of a match for DCA, so while I'll be bummed it'll be gone so abruptly, it's for the greater good.

    Now I'm wondering if Knott's will change one of their towers. When they originally got Supreme Scream, I believe they wanted at least one tower to go up, but they weren't allowed to because Disney had the local area rights to it at DCA. With the attraction gone, Knott's has a chance to upgrade/alter their attraction...
    JesterMN is right, it's a classic Ring the Bell Carnival Style Game Theme. It's not, I repeat NOT, a Space Theme
    Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,452

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    It's no Supreme Scream? Did you just say that Disney is lesser than Knott's in this case.

    That is why it needs to go.
    There are quite a few things that Knotts' does to surpass the DLR actually but that doesn't mean that just because Knotts' has a bigger and better version of a ride that Disney should throw their own one out. Granted IF Disney has a better idea for a replacement then I'm all for it but so far all I see is a parachute ride.. I mean its no "Sky Jump" but.....

    Quote Originally Posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
    JesterMN is right, it's a classic Ring the Bell Carnival Style Game Theme. It's not, I repeat NOT, a Space Theme
    And at one time didn't they have the sound effects of a bell and hammer to accompany the theme? I know that the fiber optic bell used to glitter when the vehicle made it to the top but I'm not sure if it still does that.

  14. #14

    • Dream in wonderful color!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    And at one time didn't they have the sound effects of a bell and hammer to accompany the theme? I know that the fiber optic bell used to glitter when the vehicle made it to the top but I'm not sure if it still does that.
    Yeah, the bell still lights up and has the sparkle effect.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

    "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

  15. #15

    • Mischievous Mouse
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    1178 Miles North of Disneyland
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: No More MaliBOOMER!!!!

    Never rode, never would, won't miss it.

    What's going it's place, anyone know or have any idea?


    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 36 12341126 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Gardenwalk (merged threads)
    By JediPrincess in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 12:05 AM
  2. [Question] Where oh where did my corndogs go? (Merged threads)
    By bigdaddy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
  3. V (Merged Threads)
    By SummerInFL in forum Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 05:17 AM
  4. What do you want to see with HM? (Merged threads)
    By lazyboy97O in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 06:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •