Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

Alice In Wonderland (Tim Burtons) Ride Idea

Now, before you say anything, note that this isn't an idea to change the current ride in DL and its for fun.

If the 2010 Film had to have it's own ride, it'll need it's own space and name to differeante it from the 1951 version.

RIDE NAME: Alice in Underland: Through the Rabbit Hole

Ride Vehicle Design: Instead of the Catepillar design, it would be essentialy themed to the one of the White Queen's Soldiers.

Ride Layout:

Scene One, Party: As the vehicle enters the ride, it goes through a door that leads to the outdoor party area. Various dialouges of the party are heard as you head to the rabbit hole.

Scene Two, Down the Rabbit Hole: Then the vehicle goes down a slope and various effects (Wind, lighting) activate to simulate that your falling down the rabbit hole and into Underland.

Scene Three, Underland Encounter with the Bandersnatch: Going through the door into Underland, you are immediatley greeted by the Bandersnatch who roars at you. Smells come on to simulate it's breath. Your vehicle then takes a right into the dark forest to encounter Chessur. Chessur than leads your vehicle to the Mad Hatter. At the Mad Hatter's Place, the March Hare tells the riders that Alice and the Hatter had already left and throws a teacup at you.

Scene Three, The Red Queen's Castle: You then take a left towards the Red Queens Castle. The White Rabbit appears on the right and tells you to turn back. Then as you go through the door to enter the castle, the Knave of Hearts spots you entering and the Cards immediatley pursue you. When you enter the Red Queens chamber, she immediatley points at your vehicle and says "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!" then the Bandersnatch storms in and helps you escape as your vehicle turns right.

Scene 4, The Whit Queens Castle: You then escape the Red Queen and enter the White Queens Castle. The White Queen then welcomes you and you see a projection with the calender showing the Frabjous Day. You then enter the area where Absloem is and says "Who Are You? Stupid People." As your vehicle turns left, you see the White Queens Army getting ready.

Final Room: Your vehicle enters the battlefield where the battle is taking place. The Jabberwocky appears as an AA and breaths fire towards the riders. As the vehicles turn right, the Jabberwocky is slain by Alice and Underland is free. It turns right again into a room filled with mist to simulate that we are leaving Underland.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: Alice In Wonderland (Tim Burtons) Ride Idea

Fun idea, but I don't want one of those rides in the park.

new movies < old movies or ideas
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Fun idea, but I don't want one of those rides in the park.

new movies < old movies or ideas
    I would though. At least it would spare the Alice Ride in DL from any makeovers.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• The Study of Wumbo

So you're saying "If Bob Iger came up to me and told me that we needed a Burton's Wonderland attraction in a park this is what I'd do." Sounds like what Imagineering was like under Eisner, isn't it?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    So you're saying "If Bob Iger came up to me and told me that we needed a Burton's Wonderland attraction in a park this is what I'd do." Sounds like what Imagineering was like under Eisner, isn't it?
    If it ever did happen and I was the Imagineer doing this, then this would be my rough draft kind of sorts. From what you can tell from my idea, it has flaws in certain places.

I would've eventually expanded on this and improve on the idea.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, no more AIW!!
    Yaye!

• Artistic integrity

After three weeks in release .. and having grossed a half a BILLION dollars domestically and internationally (so far)..... I have no doubt Disney will try some syngergistic push to add more "Alice" into the OTHER Disney Resorts.

Disneyland is the only park in the entire chain of "MK" parks to have an "Alice" dark ride.

But I picture the Marketeers to push imagineering to design a "Tim B." version of Alice for WDW, DLP, HKDL, and the future Shanghai park.

Can't picture the Oriental Land Co. interested in a Tim Burton "Alice" ride though, for their Disney resort. The park is packed! No room for expansion.

• Minion

Build it at Walt Disney World but leave the original in Anaheim as it is. They should keep the Disney in Disneyland, not let it become BurtonLand, LucasLand, DeppLand, PixarLand or MarvelLand.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Build it at Walt Disney World but leave the original in Anaheim as it is. They should keep the Disney in Disneyland, not let it become BurtonLand, LucasLand, DeppLand, PixarLand or MarvelLand.
    This idea has no intention to replace the ride at DL. It'll be either seperate or built at another park. Heck, they can put it at Paradise Pier to fit the victorian theme of it.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

honestly this is a hard one for me. I would like to see both, a tim burton version of the ride and i love the original, having two rides of the same movie is ridiculous and its not like they can put both movies into one ride because one was a cartoon and one was real people. Not really sure, the reason i would love a new tim burton version is because it reminds me of how they redid pirates after the movie and that was a push in the right direction for disney. Bittersweet for me really.
    I <3 Disneyland California
    &
    <3
    California Adventure

December 15, 1966 - Also known as the saddest day in world history.

• Minion

Fine, but seeing as how the Alice attraction at DL is the only one in the world (not counting the Mad Tea Parties and the walk-through outdoor labyrinth in Paris) it seems kind of lopsided to build the Burton-inspired on in Anaheim. Two dark rides based on Alice in one town? It seems like another park should get the Burton version. Aren't they redoing the Fantasyland at MK in Orlando? That seems like the logical place for yours to be built.

• Banned User

It's a good concept and pretty well thought out, but I am torn on this one. It would be a fun experience, but I think Disney needs to ditch movie-based attractions for a little while. When was the last time Disney had a new ride not based off of a movie? A while ago, wasn't it?

^ Bob W, the new Fantasyland at MK is going to be a "princess forest" type of thing () so I don't know how a well a Tim Burton attraction would fit there.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    It's a good concept and pretty well thought out, but I am torn on this one. It would be a fun experience, but I think Disney needs to ditch movie-based attractions for a little while. When was the last time Disney had a new ride not based off of a movie? A while ago, wasn't it?

^ Bob W, the new Fantasyland at MK is going to be a "princess forest" type of thing () so I don't know how a well a Tim Burton attraction would fit there.
    I am with you! I am so ready for a ride not based off a movie. That's where all the real classic rides come from anyways. Pirates, haunted mansion, matterhorn, space mountain, etc. and even new classics like california screamin', soarin', etc.
    I <3 Disneyland California
    &
    <3
    California Adventure

December 15, 1966 - Also known as the saddest day in world history.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post

I'm guessing 4 years ago with EE in AK.

It's hard to think of something original these days IMO. Thats why movie-based rides are easier to do because you already have something to work with. With originals, you would have to do extensive research to avoid adding something that doesn't belong in that ride.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I think if they built a Tim Burton version it would be a lot like that one in Blackpool, sort of creepy and not so alluring...

I definitely wouldn't mind getting my hands on a hat like the Mad Hatters though (from the film)
    Yaye!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast