Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disneyland Fan

Tips for 1st Time Club 33 guest

Hi! I am so excited to be going on my first, once in a lifetime, trip to Club 33. For those of you who have been, could you answer some questions and offer some tips for anything that I haven't covered here? Thanks. I don't want to do anything to violate the rules or make our hosts look bad.
    1) How long after submitting our date request will we get confirmation?
    2) What happens if we have fewer people coming than we made a reservation for?
    3) Will taking our kids be a problem? (age 5 and 12 months)
    4) Are pictures allowed? Video? Will I look like a big geek for taking pictures of the place settings and everything?
    5) Am I allowed to wander around the club to look at everything?
    6) Is there a time limit for how long we can be there?
    7) What kinds of souvenirs (if any) are given? What kinds of things can I buy?
    Thanks for answering these questions and offering any more tips. I am so excited!

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Tips for 1st Time Club 33 guest

I can only answer some of your questions.

1. Don't know
    2. I believe that you pay for the number on your reservation.
    3. Kids aren't a problem, but you need to call them about the youngest.
    4. All pics are allowed.
    5. Yes.
    6. No
    7. None are given except a pen, there is a case housing gifts you can buy.

I believe that your youngest baby counts against the total reservation.
    You won't be charged for them, but they will count.
    Dress code, look it up and don't wear flip flops.
    Look on Club33's website for any questions.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by once upon a dream View Post
    Hi! I am so excited to be going on my first, once in a lifetime, trip to Club 33. For those of you who have been, could you answer some questions and offer some tips for anything that I haven't covered here? Thanks. I don't want to do anything to violate the rules or make our hosts look bad.
    1) How long after submitting our date request will we get confirmation?
    2) What happens if we have fewer people coming than we made a reservation for?
    3) Will taking our kids be a problem? (age 5 and 12 months)
    4) Are pictures allowed? Video? Will I look like a big geek for taking pictures of the place settings and everything?
    5) Am I allowed to wander around the club to look at everything?
    6) Is there a time limit for how long we can be there?
    7) What kinds of souvenirs (if any) are given? What kinds of things can I buy?
    Thanks for answering these questions and offering any more tips. I am so excited!
    1) I would keep in touch with your Club member, because they're the ones who will be speaking with the Club at any given point.
    2) You will need to contact the Club member so that they can call the Club to change your reservation number. Also, if you don't need tickets (you or other members of your parties have APs), let them know that as well.
    6) There is no time limit, but be aware that a meal is about 2 hours so you should have all the time you need. Keep in mind that is important to be able to keep your children entertained.
    7) Other items include jackets, earhats, watches... Not sure what else.

The best ways to make sure that you enjoy your meal are: PLEASE make sure that you follow the dress code to a T. It varies from lunch to dinner. If you are not following the dress code, they will not let you in to dine. Also, please be sure to follow other rules, including no cell phone usage.

Have fun!

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Pretty much what everyone else said.

One thing I would like to mention is about the time limit. There is no time limit, but expect this to be there at least 2 hours. The concern I have is the children. If they are very patient and can be well-behaved during that time period then fine. But if they get impatient and start screaming or whatever you might want to remove them and take them for a spin on POTC or whatever.

I know when I was a kid my family would meet my uncle there for dinner. The adults would stay and have cocktails for a couple of hours while me and my cousins would go on the rides. Then at a certain time we would go back and meet them for dinner. I think we would have been bored stiff and antsy if we had to be there the whole time.

• Hooterville, USA

Just to post again in the Club33 thread, we ate lunch there last month that lasted 3 hours.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Have a fun time!! Soak it all in. It truly is such a neat place to visit. I felt like I was surrounded by history. There are several items there that are movie props. Take a lot of pictures, you'll want to remember your time there.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Disneyland Fan

Thanks for the response. If say, we have reserved 7 spots, but only 6 people actually pick up the tickets from guest relations in the morning and those same 6 go to Club 33, would we still have to pay for the 7th spot even though we never picked up a ticket?

• Disneyland Fan

Smile Re: Tips for 1st Time Club 33 guest

Thanks for the response about the kids too. My dream trip there does NOT include my kids, but I don't know what else to do with them since we are traveling from Northern California and don't have any local babysitters. They are used to going out to eat with us and have never thrown fits, but there is always a first! My mom is coming with us and she originally said she would keep them in the park, but then decided that she didn't want to miss going to Club 33 with us (I don't blame her!). So it sounds like there might be a way that she can leave with the kids and then get back in if necessary? That would be great!

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Thanks for the response. If say, we have reserved 7 spots, but only 6 people actually pick up the tickets from guest relations in the morning and those same 6 go to Club 33, would we still have to pay for the 7th spot even though we never picked up a ticket?

You should check with the person who is getting you the reservations. Normally, you would receive an email (or something) that gives you information about dress, and cancellations. In my experience, they needed to know if someone is not going to go as you are also receiving a park ticket (if needed).

They don't normally give souviners. Sometimes they do. I have asked for a pen, and been given one. Other times, they would not give me one. Never know!

They do have a case of items to purchase that changes out.

Are you going for lunch or dinner? Lunch is less informal. You go up to a buffet for salad and dessert. They serve you your meal. At dinner, they bring down the lights a little and they serve everything.

When you walk around, make sure you ask to go on the balcony. They usually say yes. There are two different sides to go to. I took pictures of everything!

Most importantly, have the best time. Take your time and take everything in. It's very very special.

We went last September and are going again in October:

1) How long after submitting our date request will we get confirmation? Are you or another member making the reservation? Usually the reservation needs to be made 60 days out to insure a specific area/table/

2) What happens if we have fewer people coming than we made a reservation for? You're charged for each person who does not show. You can change your reservations beforehand even if it's a few days.

3) Will taking our kids be a problem? (age 5 and 12 months) Children aren't a problem, but would probably enjoy Lunch rather than Dinenr.

4) Are pictures allowed? Video? Will I look like a big geek for taking pictures of the place settings and everything? Taking photo's and videos is highly recommended and the staff will help you and even suggest things to take pictures of, pointing out special interest items. Make sure you take pics of the womens bathroom stall.

5) Am I allowed to wander around the club to look at everything? Again, they encourage to wander around all you want and look around.

6) Is there a time limit for how long we can be there? I don't know of a limit but for dinner, we were there almost 3 hours. Lunch is a lot quicker. We also spent time out on the patio after dinner which is something you have to do, especially if Fantasmic is on.

7) What kinds of souvenirs (if any) are given? What kinds of things can I buy? They have a small case in the hallway right outside the main dining area. They have dress shirts, polo's, key chains, pens. Items vary over time. Sometimes they'll have pins and mickey ears which are highly collectable and are usually sold out within a week or so after arrival. Christmas, there's always a Club 33 ornament.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Depending on how busy it is, ask one of the castmembers for a tour of the special banquet room. There are wonderful antiques in there and a lot of Disney history. If it is too busy for a personal tour, perhaps you can ask to see the room and take some pictures.

Enjoy your meal! It is a privilege to eat there and a lot of fun. We took young ones and they mostly fell asleep - thank goodness.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• show'em yer larboard side

If you can, ask to be seated in Robert's section. This might be difficult because he always seems to be on the outskirts of the restaurant (2-4 person tables) when I'm there and it sounds like you'll have a large party. However, if it's possible, request him. Robert is, by far, my favorite Club 33 CM!

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

• Minion

Actually, they may cancel the reservation. The problem is a 7 person table actually seats up to 10. By changing to 6, they may not have the 6 table available. Let them know as far in advance of the number of people so changes can be made. They have been known to cancel the reservation. Keep in touch with your sponsor. They will need to notify the club of any changes like this.

As for how long it takes, it depends. If you are in the 60 days, the member can call you immediately. When we went last month, our sponsor offered to check for lunch (it was so close, I didn't think to ask) and within 10 mins called me back with our reservation.

We like Robert too! We have had him when we were parties of 6 and parties of 10. He is so sweet with out dog.

ETA - Free souviners? The paper towels in the restroom. Everyone takes them the first trip!

ETA Some more--- Have your sponsor order a cake. They are about $35 for a cake that will feed 10-15. What you don't eat, they will keep at the club til the end of the night, then you can pick up at City Hall (they send a runner for it) and take it back to the hotel. The cakes are INCREDIBLE. We always get the chocolate cake, choc. mousse filling, whipped cream frosting.

And take pics of EVERYTHING, everyone does. We still do!

And Sunday "brunch" is the best as Mickey is there!
    Last edited by Malcon10t; 04-02-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The cakes are INCREDIBLE. We always get the chocolate cake, choc. mousse filling, whipped cream frosting.
    Oh, that sounds delicious...Better than their regular desserts. And having extra to take home is a "sweet" bonus. :-)

• I Can Show You the World

Another question - I heard you're able to make a character request, even with those that are rare in the park - like say Scrooge McDuck. Is this true? For years I have been trying to spot Scrooge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast