Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Can't wait for the opening of Buena Vista Street!!

This is definitely the addition I'm most looking forward to. The models and the artwork all evoke such a time and place with a certain magical nostalgia. I love the whole early 30's LA loved the theming(it's something I've always loved the look of). It will be a truly stunning place and I don't think similar to Main Street at all. Sure it's a street but the flow and layout of BVS are so much different and it just sets off a different nostalgia then Main Street does.

• =)

Yeah, I agree - seems like BVS will feel charming and nostalgic because of the same sorts of techniques Main Street uses, but I don't think it'll feel at all redundant. More like an appropriate complement to the other park's entrance.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    This is definitely the addition I'm most looking forward to. The models and the artwork all evoke such a time and place with a certain magical nostalgia. I love the whole early 30's LA loved the theming(it's something I've always loved the look of). It will be a truly stunning place and I don't think similar to Main Street at all. Sure it's a street but the flow and layout of BVS are so much different and it just sets off a different nostalgia then Main Street does.
    Agreed on that!! Thats what I said in my OP as well, that it captures a specific time and place, nothing that was done in the old DCA, unless you sort of count HPB and I don't.

And in that regard, I think its closer to NOS than Main St. Or even the N.Y. section of American waterfront in Tokyo DisneySea (and actually my favorite land in almost any Disney theme park because I just love sitting there and feeling like I'm in N.Y. Harbour in the 30's. INCREDIBLE detail!!) Sure this place is basically functioning as Main St does now, but the theme is more like NOS or American Waterfront. Main St is really a HIGHLY idealized version of an 1800s town, but basically any town, USA. Of course both NOS and BVS idealized as well, but they both take real elements of real life existing cities.

And unlike Main St (and I'm not dogging Main St people lol) it doesnt really 'fit' the same as BVS will. Since BVS is based in L.A., its a nice transition into Hollywoodland. The transitions into GRR and Carsland is not as strong, but still a great connection. Main St transitions into the future on one side and or the wild west or the jungle on the other end. And of course, a German castle at the end of it. Not complaining, that's just what DL is.

But just making the point BVS really invokes a real world place like NOS and segways other areas into the park nicely.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Regarding the transition between BVS and other lands - I hope they go through with the plans for the El Camino Real parade route. It shows up in one of the DCA maps shown at the Blue Sky Cellar, and Micechat poster Aznjeff11 posted the following after a lecture with a WDI show producer

Something that I haven't read anywhere, that I'd like to consider an "exclusive" is the theming of the parade route between what will be Buena Vista Street and the Golden State/Paradise Pier Junction. Referring back to the concept of anchors, there aren't many along the parade route. This leads to guests feeling tired on their walk down the parade route, and sometimes even them forcing them to give up before reaching Paradise Pier. By treating it as the El Camino Real, this gives guests the oppurtunity to look forward to stops along the ways as "exits" like on the many freeways found throughout California. The introduction of more anchors will create an illusion of a much shorter walk. Oh, I also forgot to metion that there may be vehicles related to the Buena Vista Street's era, much like the ones on Main Street, that could be used to transport guests up and down the parade route.
    here's the map - notice it says El Camino Real at the center of the parade route. It connects the street with Route 66 and the rest of the park.

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Minion

I wish they would just close down the entrance now! None of us would mind! I would enter through that gate by Soarin' and that prop plane just to start the changes. Its going to be great. UGH! Hurry up 2012!
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

From that picture I see that they are planning to lay out DCA just as I suspected with transitions and pathways. Fantastic

The Red Car Trolleys are the additions I am looking forward to the most, although I am sad to see the Zephyr going but it will be worth the loss in the end.
    Come all and read about my new Tomorrowland

• I don't know him!

I think this addition - while not drawing guests to the park to a large extent (initially anyway) - will be the addition that brings this park closer to Disney quality.

I think it will have a huge effect on the guests' subconscious perception of the park, and of course will have financial benefit for the company.

Not to mention it looks friggin' gorgeous!

• Celebrate Today

I really like the concept for El Camino Real. Can't wait for BVS to open, it really looks like a very nostalgic area, and it seems like a perfect Entrance for DCA.
    -Alex

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Valve View Post
    I really like the concept for El Camino Real. Can't wait for BVS to open, it really looks like a very nostalgic area, and it seems like a perfect Entrance for DCA.
    -Alex
    Whats El Camino Real? I saw the map above but still dont have a clue.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

In regards to people saying it's copying Main Street, I'd like to see if they can come up with something better. Main Street is probably the greatest design ever developed for a theme park.

I have no problem with Disney copying this concept when it will improve things. I have a bit of a problem that Universal is doing this -- exhibit A being Wizarding World, which is basically Main Street themed to Harry Potter. They even have a castle at the end of it.

• Disney Fan & Musician

Opening day trolley wait time: 8 hours...
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire FURY View Post
    I think this addition - while not drawing guests to the park to a large extent (initially anyway) - will be the addition that brings this park closer to Disney quality.

I think it will have a huge effect on the guests' subconscious perception of the park, and of course will have financial benefit for the company.

Not to mention it looks friggin' gorgeous!
    A very excellent point - although BVS probably won't make a huge immediate difference in the park's numbers, there's no doubt it will contribute to a more positive image for the park, which will in turn result in increased attendance over time as the park's rather negative reputation is reduced. I'm glad Disney decided to do this - it seems indicative of more long-term thinking, which I like.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Regarding the transition between BVS and other lands - I hope they go through with the plans for the El Camino Real parade route. It shows up in one of the DCA maps shown at the Blue Sky Cellar, and Micechat poster Aznjeff11 posted the following after a lecture with a WDI show producer

here's the map - notice it says El Camino Real at the center of the parade route. It connects the street with Route 66 and the rest of the park.

Oh my! That is a very long parade route. I hope they shorten it somehow for the performers sake.
    Jeff Wayne

• Celebrate Today

Quote Originally Posted by d.N.d. View Post
    Whats El Camino Real? I saw the map above but still dont have a clue.
    El Camino Real, is the proposed parade rute for DCA, that would be from Paradise Pier to Buena Vista Street, and would have a connection with Golden State and Cars Land. It's basically the main walkway of the park that connects with all the lands.

The concept looks quite awesome, because according to what Aznjeff11 said "By treating it as the El Camino Real, this gives guests the oppurtunity to look forward to stops along the ways as "exits" like on the many freeways found throughout California. The introduction of more anchors will create an illusion of a much shorter walk."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast