Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Can't wait for the opening of Buena Vista Street!!

Since TLM and Carsland have gotten fan threads, I thought its only fitting this area gets it too .

But yeah, I dont know or understand why, but its THIS land that actually has me most excited for the new DCA. I just loooooath the entrance thats there now and it is one of the worst Disney entrance I have ever seen.

But it looks like that will about to change soon and once again bring back the charm of great Disney entrances with BVS. Thats what this park is seriously missing, a piece of land that evokes a specific place and time. PP will now have that sort of, but its still just a boardwalk you can find all over America. This will actually be a very specific place that once was.

So down with the giant hubcap, bland stucco buildings and boring shops and lockers and can't wait for this park to have an entrance/area that any Disney park will be proud of. Who is with me?
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 04-02-2010 at 05:12 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Can't wait for the opening of Buena Vista Street!!

I'm with you! This is right there with Little Mermaid in my excitement level as #1, which means alot since Mermaid will be opening soon so there is quite a bit more anticipation. I can hardly wait for the construction walls to go up for this very detailed new land that will transform DCA.

awe, heehee, i'm excited too.

• Minion

I don't really find it exciting since they are removing the CALIFORNIA letters. it's interesting people can see the parades outside the gate. lol. I wanna know the new parade route.
    I look at it as another main street usa.

• Banned User

Yeah exactly Icepenguin! Its not just the the fact its a new entrance, its just a completely new direction for DCA period. This entrance will now strike the chord of what to expect in this park which was the problem with the current one. It just felt cheap and lazy and you sort of took that with you for most of DCA. Since you can peak inside DCAs entrance unlike other Disney entrances, you had an idea of what to expect in that park and the verdict wasnt so good.

Now you get this heavily detailed and charming place that will easily draw in any Disney fan. I just wish it would come sooner than 2012 though .

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Yeah exactly Icepenguin! Its not just the the fact its a new entrance, its just a completely new direction for DCA period. This entrance will now strike the chord of what to expect in this park which was the problem with the current one. It just felt cheap and lazy and you sort of took that with you for most of DCA. Since you can peak inside DCAs entrance unlike other Disney entrances, you had an idea of what to expect in that park and the verdict wasnt so good.

Now you get this heavily detailed and charming place that will easily draw in any Disney fan. I just wish it would come sooner than 2012 though .
    I Agree, I wish they would hurry it up.
    I am glad, not just because of the new theme though, it's for the trolleys!(transportation in and around the park!) Though, I am happy that minor Disney animated stars are the treatment they deserve in BVS.

Timekeeper

• Senior Minion

I'm definitely excited. It reminds me when I went with my parents a couple of years ago and it was their first time at DCA and it was just after the renovation was announced. My dad asked me what they were going to be doing to the park and when I told him that they were going to be redoing the entrance he said, "Oh that's good, it looks like plastic." All I said was, "Yeah."

I've also always thought it was bizzare how it feels like a funnel with blank walls on the sides as you exit the park. It makes you walk really quickly past the stores and right out the exit. It's an amazingly bad design if you want to sell your guests a few more suveniers or snacks before they leave the park. It's no surprise to me that the sales at those stores has been poor.

• Minion

I really enjoy the flooring, it's very sparkly and skinny. keep the floor.

• Banned User

I'm looking forwardd to BVS as well. It's going to be very classy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Good Riddance to the horrible unfriendly concrete entry of dca, and the uncomfortable uninviting Sunshine Plaza - a "hub" that looks like something out of The Flintstone's Bedrock City.

• =)

It's going to be very nice. The new entrance won't have any major new attractions, so it's only natural that it won't get quite as much love. (I include myself in that statement.) But I think of all the changes being made to DCA, the new entrance is the one that most clearly points in a positive direction DCA as a whole could have gone, and I think it's going to have an enormous wealth of that Disney charm that every park needs.

• Dream in wonderful color!

This feels more like an anti-Sunshine Plaza thread than a Buena Vista Street thread

what this thread needs.. pictures!

I found these today on mouseinfo, resized them to post here

and these are screenshots posted by micechat poster simba

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I'm definitely excited. It reminds me when I went with my parents a couple of years ago and it was their first time at DCA and it was just after the renovation was announced. My dad asked me what they were going to be doing to the park and when I told him that they were going to be redoing the entrance he said, "Oh that's good, it looks like plastic." All I said was, "Yeah."

I've also always thought it was bizzare how it feels like a funnel with blank walls on the sides as you exit the park. It makes you walk really quickly past the stores and right out the exit. It's an amazingly bad design if you want to sell your guests a few more suveniers or snacks before they leave the park. It's no surprise to me that the sales at those stores has been poor.
    Yep, you hit it on the nail there!

Disney has never been shy about selling you as much useless Disney souvineers as they can, but they can only do that if they entice you in the actual stores. One thing about the current entrance is it doesnt do that at ALL! I been inside the Engine toy store or whatever its called and sure its a nice store, but I just never been enticed to go inside unless there was something I was specifically looking for or just killing time. The amazing things about Disneyland shops and especially stores on Main St is that the whole area is themed and charming enough where you WANT to go in just to snoop around. I'm not a 'shopper'. I'm not a collector, dont buy many Disney souvineers or spend a lot of time in shops, i.e. Disney's worst theme park customer lol, but I still go in them anyway. Mostly because the shops on Main St and DL in general are just fun to explore and very inviting.

There is very little of that in DCA. For a park that had such a high shop-to-ride ratio, you would think they make the outside fronts compelling and exciting enough to step in. Especially the entrances shops. They seriously dropped the ball on this.

But with BVS, it looks like that will change. And I personnally dont know HOW MANY stores will actually be there besides the Emporium-like store (does anyone know?), but just MAYBE if the place is nice enough, not everyone will rush off to Disneyland the second the park starts to close and want to stick around the entrance a little more. Sit around in. Buy an ice cream or do some shopping. Thats what is missing here and the huge exodus every night from DCA as people shuttle over to DL. You give them an entrance that makes them want to stay awhile longer and the sales will ring up.

Maybe in a few years, the shopping at BVS will be popular in its own right maybe that area will stay open an hour later after the rest of DCA closes like MS.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post

Is that girl in the bottom left hand corner flipping her dad off?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    This feels more like an anti-Sunshine Plaza thread than a Buena Vista Street thread

what this thread needs.. pictures!

I found these today on mouseinfo, resized them to post here

and these are screenshots posted by micechat poster simba

Thanks for the pics nonob88 .

Ironically I STARTED this thread because I was looking at most of these pictures here yesterday and got excited again thinking about this area. And I never seen the third pic before, so thats cool!

But does anyone know if and when they will actually show a model in the preview center? The glimpses here and there on this area is great, but frustrating at the same time. I wish we can have just ONE nice overview pic of this place like we get of Carsland, the PP renovations etc. I guess because it is just an entrance and no attractions to highlight, there isnt a real push to promote it like the others.

But I hope they throw maybe a smaller scaled model like the one in the pics in the preview center one day. That will be really cool!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast