Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    How do they get the vehicles (tractors, excavators, pickup trucks, cement mixers) in the Rivers Of America?

    I took the train around the park last week, and didn't notice a temporary ramp or anything.

    I did notice however (and I believe it was after the Frontierland station) that the train went over a bridge, that is there is a large opening beneith the train tracks - presumably for this reason.

    I didn't have a chance to turn around and look behind the train and see what is on the other side of this opening.

    Can anyone shed some light on this?

  2. #2

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Actually, if you look here:

    Your web browser and the Maps site are incompatible

    You can see (what looks to me) like an entry point into the rivers, and its at the same point i rember it being on the oter side.

    Can anyone confirm this is the case?

  3. #3

    • We Want The Redhead
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    City of the angels.
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Next time your on the Disneyland railroad look for the gates that give access from outside the berm. One is between NO Square, and Toontown depot. The other is just on the other side of Small World.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

  4. #4

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Next time your on the Disneyland railroad look for the gates that give access from outside the berm. One is between NO Square, and Toontown depot. The other is just on the other side of Small World.
    I did see that while on the train... but...

    how do the vehicles get DOWN into the rivers? I assume you cannot drive an excavator down over the bank as it would destroy the bank.

  5. #5

    • We Want The Redhead
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    City of the angels.
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Behind one of those big brown fences near the first gate (near where the doghouse for the pooch named 'Indiana' is) is the usual dry dock for the Mark Twain. There's a ramp there. When riding the Twain or Columbia when the river is operational, look backwards as you pass the bend just before the Indian village, it's all right there.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

  6. #6

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Murrieta California
    Posts
    5,347

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Optimus Prime

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East Flats
    Posts
    196

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Behind one of those big brown fences near the first gate (near where the doghouse for the pooch named 'Indiana' is) is the usual dry dock for the Mark Twain. There's a ramp there. When riding the Twain or Columbia when the river is operational, look backwards as you pass the bend just before the Indian village, it's all right there.
    Close, but the Mark Twain never goes back there, it's used mainly as storage for the Fantasmic rafts and floats. If you look at the map link that bingie posted you can see the rafts and crocodile float in between all the trees.

    I don't have any first hand knowledge but I'll bet that storage area also serves as a ramp into the river once all the rafts and floats are out of it. They could then drive into the old festival of fools area, go back along the tracks and out the gate to backstage.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    768

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Quote Originally Posted by bingie View Post
    How do they get the vehicles (tractors, excavators, pickup trucks, cement mixers) in the Rivers Of America?

    I took the train around the park last week, and didn't notice a temporary ramp or anything.

    I did notice however (and I believe it was after the Frontierland station) that the train went over a bridge, that is there is a large opening beneith the train tracks - presumably for this reason.

    I didn't have a chance to turn around and look behind the train and see what is on the other side of this opening.

    Can anyone shed some light on this?
    The red line is where the ramp is that all vehicles can enter the the River.

  9. #9

    • We Want The Redhead
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    City of the angels.
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandicorney View Post
    Close, but the Mark Twain never goes back there.
    I'm not doubting you, but it used to dock back there every night.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

  10. #10

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    The red line is where the ramp is that all vehicles can enter the the River.
    Interesting...

    How do the vehicles get into that area? Could you draw a line from backstage to that area there?

    Does anyone know what that "tunnel" shaped thing is in my first map post?

  11. #11

    • Yes, that is my real name
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Far Northern, California, United States
    Posts
    2,323
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    What is that area there with the square looking thing there on the other end of that red line?
    Yaye!

  12. #12

    • ITS A TRAP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    175

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Quote Originally Posted by phi1215 View Post
    What is that area there with the square looking thing there on the other end of that red line?
    the festival of fools show area I think, they should really do something with that
    --------------------------------------------------------------

  13. #13

    • We Want The Redhead
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    City of the angels.
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Quote Originally Posted by DLLEGEND View Post
    the festival of fools show area I think, they should really do something with that

    It's still used for private affairs and special occasions. Last time it was open to the general public was I believe New Years Eve when they distrubuted our hats and horns from there.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

  14. #14

    • Yes, that is my real name
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Far Northern, California, United States
    Posts
    2,323
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Oh interesting, there are a couple areas of the park I have noticed on google earth that look nice yet non-accessible for the public, I just always wonder what everything is, lol!
    Yaye!

  15. #15

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: How DO they get the vehicles in the Rivers Of America

    Temporary dirt ramp at the Fantasmic! inlet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Rivers of America
    By BiscuitHead001 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 11:01 PM
  2. [Question] Rivers of America
    By 4Apples4Disney in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 04:19 AM
  3. Rivers of America Pin for DLR
    By aenobarbe in forum Pin Trading
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
  4. Rivers of America Pin for DLR
    By aenobarbe in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 10:54 PM
  5. Would You Want To See These In The Rivers Of America?
    By WatchYourHeadNStep in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 08:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •