Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Now that Indy's 10 years young maybe the Imagineers can figure out a way to give us the ride that premiered when it first opened. You know, the ride that would literally throw you around like you were in a real jeep. The current programming is just way too tame and predicatable.

• The Magics in the details

I remember it well... the queue starting at the Penny Arcade... the AT&T decoder cards...no fastpass... ALL the effects working (including the dropping ice!) Those were the days.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCM
    I remember it well... the queue starting at the Penny Arcade... the AT&T decoder cards...no fastpass... ALL the effects working (including the dropping ice!) Those were the days.
    Dropping Ice??????
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Kram Sacul
    Now that Indy's 10 years young maybe the Imagineers can figure out a way to give us the ride that premiered when it first opened. You know, the ride that would literally throw you around like you were in a real jeep. The current programming is just way too tame and predicatable.
    Yeah I remember this, I remember getting yanked out of my seat on the bridge. I loved it, they need to bring that back. I really want to visit the one in Tokyo because they have the program we used to have.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Dropping Ice??????
    Yes they had this for like a week and it looked like the ceiling was collapsing. Unfortunately it broke and was never fixed because the ceiling would have to be ripped out.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Yes they had this for like a week and it looked like the ceiling was collapsing. Unfortunately it broke and was never fixed because the ceiling would have to be ripped out.
    tsk..Those imagineers and their can't-be-fixed-without-ripping-out-the-ceiling designs. There's got to be a better, foresighted way. Like bolts versus welding, or something, in this case. Did we learn nothing from the Haunted Mansion ballroom glass? The spider and its web still cover the bullet hole, lest we forget.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Shakers
    tsk..Those imagineers and their can't-be-fixed-without-ripping-out-the-ceiling designs. There's got to be a better, foresighted way. Like bolts versus welding, or something, in this case. Did we learn nothing from the Haunted Mansion ballroom glass? The spider and its web still cover the bullet hole, lest we forget.
    Yeah you would think, but unfortunately the thing froze up and broke because it used ice. Oh btw I was at the park recently but I noticed that the jeeps are running a lot better now and are actually way bumpier now. I actually got a great rush from riding it the last time.

• Minion

LOL me and my buds love to flail around in the jeeps, tends to get us in trouble though >_>
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by pjdonnell
    That's funny, I just finished watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade! Maybe I'll put on my Indy jacket and run around my apartment to celebrate.

Or maybe not.
    Speaking of funny it took me about 10 years to actually watch my first Indy film! Not that I haven't wanted to, but I finally did. Don't worry, I loved it. It made me realize some things with the attraction such as the "Snakes? You guys are on your own!" comment. Next week I am watching the third one I think. But yes, Happy Belated birthday to the attraction and hopefully Matt will keep pumping them out. I mean, this 50th success has to give some more money for funding? Maybe they could give a bit to DCA too while they're at it.

• Magical Memories fanzine

the ice effect... its even worse than you think. It wasnt because it used ice, it was because they couldnt get the funding to make the specialized ice machine out of stainless steel, and went with normal steel. Due to this it rusted beyond use.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tigertail777
    the ice effect... its even worse than you think. It wasnt because it used ice, it was because they couldnt get the funding to make the specialized ice machine out of stainless steel, and went with normal steel. Due to this it rusted beyond use.
    *forehead smack* Dunderheaded money-men. Sounds like the need more engineers in decision-making positions. I'll volunteer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12