• The Study of Wumbo

World of Color Pre-Show Music?

As inspired by the [very] recent WOC "Encore" thread by ZeekSlider, I was reminded of another trait of Disney's nighttime spectaculars. Both IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth and Fantasmic! (DHS) have specific soundtracks of music that are played throughout the viewing area before the show, to set the mood for the crowd or the show to come. Since Disney's World of Color seems to be in the same breed as these shows, (water-based, large designated viewing area,) I thought that it would be logical for there to also be specific music played in the pre-show.

I don't think we've heard anything yet about this aspect, right?

Well, what do you guys think should be played?

It might make sense to have arrangements of older, classic Disney tunes, (I'm talking Walt's time,) played for the pre-show, as the show seems to be based a lot on more recent films? Or maybe, to keep with any sense left of California, some music left over from the old DCA can be re-used? I'm looking towards the Seasons of the Vine medley...
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• We Go On.

Re: World of Color Pre-Show Music?

I think the new Paradise Pier loop coming in May should work just fine. That's what I love about our Fantasmic- you wait in the normal Rivers of America setting and then it just transforms once the show starts. I appreciate how they set the mood with IlluniNations, but this is just something that I think would work really well in Paradise Pier.