Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Re: So...whose is it, really?

mycroft16: I found those as well but discounted them as they are crested with a crown not a lion.

This thread is fascinating.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Does anyone have a year when the three crests were placed on the back of the Castle?

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    mycroft16: I found those as well but discounted them as they are crested with a crown not a lion.
    I noticed those as well, but thought I would mention them as the blazons are similar if not the entire coat of arms.

It could be that the coat of arms on the castle was actually invented drawing inspiration from other places.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    Does anyone have a year when the three crests were placed on the back of the Castle?
    One mystery at a time, HMB!

• Closed Account

The archives has no information on the coat of arms' origin, although it's their assumption that it was made for the Park. Nor do they know if it is actually a Disney coat of arms.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 04-08-2010 at 08:54 AM.

• Faerie Godmother

Indeed, mycroft. Three lions passant in pale is not exactly a difficult design to come up with. I found several examples, variously colored, during my searches yesterday.

If anyone wants to take a crack at finding the unidentified two on the back of the Castle, the blazon for the rightmost one should be something like:

Sable, a lion rampant or beneath three mullets argent in chief.

The middle one I haven't quite figured out because there's a secondary set of charges on the chevron that I can't identify from the photo. The part I can figure out would probably go:

Argent, on a chevron sable between three martlets sable, three [UNKNOWN] or.

(Try "roundels" or "mullets" for the blank. Or maybe "bezants," in which case the final "or" is unnecessary since bezants are gold by definition.)

This is making me want to start up a Disneyland Heraldry thread! We could hunt for more coats of arms around the park and try to figure out whose they are. And then...we could start designing some for rides and characters!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is making me want to start up a Disneyland Heraldry thread! We could hunt for more coats of arms around the park and try to figure out whose they are. And then...we could start designing some for rides and characters!
    That would actually be pretty dang cool! Could be a lot of fun as well
    Mr. Toad has a coat of arms doesn't he? Not quite sure... by the motto maybe?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I wonder if there at any inside the dioramas inside Sleeping Beauty Castle. In fact I wonder if those match the film?

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Raindown View Post
    I wonder if there at any inside the dioramas inside Sleeping Beauty Castle. In fact I wonder if those match the film?
    I wouldn't count on anything in there being accurate considering they can't spell Philip (Phillip) from one window to the next!!!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Fleeting Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Strangely there's a copy of this BACKSTAGE at DLP, not painted at all. There's also smaller versions of it to the sides of Paris's castle but reversed? Neither of these are exact copies however, the one backstage includes a cordon/banner for a motto beneath it and the outdoors one is stylised differently (in addition to being cast backwards).
    Where would you find the Disney Coat of Arms?
    http://www.d-log.nl/media/db_images/...357_9db287.jpg
    Actually, that one isn't backstage at all, it's in the Backlot Express restaurant at the Studios park. The restaurant was recently made over into half Pirates themed, half (ugh!) High School Musical, so it's quite possible the coat of arms is gone now.

• I'm not really here

thanks Kaliwolf for that info. I stumbled on that image in my searches but couldn't figure out where it was. (was a copy that didn't have the hiddendlrp watermark on it).

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Any success yet on the identification of the other two on the back of the castle?

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I wouldn't count on anything in there being accurate considering they can't spell Philip (Phillip) from one window to the next!!!
    Ha! really? I never noticed. Is this on the storybook pages or elsewhere?

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

In regards to the 3 shields on the back, would the one with the 3 "crowns"(?) be relating to Sweden?

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Raindown View Post
    Ha! really? I never noticed. Is this on the storybook pages or elsewhere?

Yes, on the storybook pages.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast