Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About 400 miles, maybe less, from Anaheim, CA

Cool The Best Hotel You've Stayed At While On A DLR Vacation

My family and I have been on vacation to the DLR quite a few times and we have only stayed at a select few hotels over the years. We usually find one that we like and for some reason end up staying there again and again. We've stayed at some that were very nice and those that were...meh...just okay. Hopefully the day will come where we can stay at some of those big time hotels like the Grand Californian, Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel, etc. because they are pretty darn expensive, especially the Grand Californian, and are not in our budget. But of all the hotels that we've stayed at the one that is probably the best and our personal favorite would have to be the Castle Inn & Suites over on Harbor Blvd. There is just something about that hotel that we like and keeps wanting us to come back for more. The only thing we don't like though is how they have been jacking up the prices. For our family, we don't like to stay at just any hotel with the attitude of "it's just a place where you sleep so it doesn't matter if we stay at a 2$ hotel or not." We are more on the side of it does matter if the hotel is a piece of junk because the hotel is part of our vacation too and we want a good vacation so we'd like to stay at a nice hotel.

But anyways, please feel free to talk below about which hotel you've stayed at that you think is the best.

• Minion

Re: The Best Hotel You've Stayed At While On A DLR Vacation

the Disneyland hotel. nothing beats it. Although last time we had a terrible view which sucked. I would say that i love the Disneyland hotel and cant wait until my next trip to (hopefully) stay in one of the new rooms.

However, i have stayed at the Embassy Suites and they do have a free happy hour!
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• I love Pooh Bear

Hojo for sure the best by far and i have stayed on site at the dlr but hojo was 10% better just my opinion

We like the Tropicana, location is awesome. They have a really nice pool and hot tub area. We've had nothing but bad experiences at the Castle Inn actually, so we won't go back there! We stayed at HoJo once but found it too loud, and even though the walk wasn't terrible, we like being as close as we can. But of course our best stays have been onsite at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian.

• no flash photography...

My favorite if the GCH, other than that I love the crowne Plaza and the marriott. The DLH is nice, because it's close, but their are much nicer hotels on harbor. The PPH is ok...we stay there sometimes, but again there are nicer hotels down on harbor to stay at.

• Hukuna Matata!

The Hojo is great, although it is not a Disney Property, That's kind of like comparing a Mercedes "Disney Properties" to a Cadillac "The Hojo". The Mercedes is overpriced but is luxury elegance at its best the Cadillac is still a nice vehicle, comfortable clean and still impressive but its just not a Mercedes.

And Again I LOVE the Hojo, I stay there when ever I can, I am staying there next week and then again for the Gumball Rally. But for people to actually say that it is better than the Disneyland hotels, I dunno I have stayed at all three and the DLR are just in another level. Just my opinion

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    The Hojo is great, although it is not a Disney Property, That's kind of like comparing a Mercedes "Disney Properties" to a Cadillac "The Hojo". The Mercedes is overpriced but is luxury elegance at its best the Cadillac is still a nice vehicle, comfortable clean and still impressive but its just not a Mercedes.

And Again I LOVE the Hojo, I stay there when ever I can, I am staying there next week and then again for the Gumball Rally. But for people to actually say that it is better than the Disneyland hotels, I dunno I have stayed at all three and the DLR are just in another level. Just my opinion
    I agree. The Hojo's is not even on my list of favorites.

• Hukuna Matata!

If you dont mind staying around the Corner from the parks The lemon tree hotel has great little apartments that have seperate living areas full size fridges, stoves, microwaves, couch, Patio. And the price is redonkulously Cheap.

• Banned User

If you plan on going when there isn't a major convention in town then the Anaheim Hilton is an awesome place to stay in terms of quality vs. price. There are 2 ART shuttle stops nearby and during the off season the rooms are as cheap as $107 a night.

The hotels at the DLR are awesome don't get me wrong but I have yet to be able to secure a room at the AP rate due to demand and paying upwards of $260 (avg)a night to stay at the DLH makes my bank account cry.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

my favorite hotel would have to be the sheraton (the swedish looking one) that had really big rooms and the beds were sooooooooo comfortable!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Best Western next to Denny's. 1 Block from Disneyland and only $89 a night during the week.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I've stayed at the HoJo and most recently Fairfield Inn. They are both great and it's a great walk to the park.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

So far I've only stayed at the Paradise Pier, love it!!! Our upcoming trip we will stay at the DLH. I've found in travel planning that Paradise Pier was not that much more then the non Disney hotels.
    Yaye!

• Disney Fan & Musician

The Grand Californian! The convention Hilton is nice too.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

We stay at our timeshare, the Worldmark. It's pretty similar to DVC. We can even do an exchange into the Grand Californian villas.

There are different units available, up to four bedroom. Although, I'm not sure how much (or even if) non-members can use the resort.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast