Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

• Banned User

Re: New Paradise Pier music loop now playing

Does anyone have a tracklist of the old Bay area loop that used to play? That was my favorite loop of the park before the overhaul.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Does anyone have a tracklist of the old Bay area loop that used to play? That was my favorite loop of the park before the overhaul.

I don't know the whole listing but i know that the theme to Rain Man and theme to Forrest Gump was among them.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

I found the Rain Main, Toy Story, Rudy, and Forest Gump themes. Was there anything else?

• Disneyland History Lover

I still haven't listened to those samples of the new PP musical loop. And I don't intend to as I'd much rather experience it in person for the first time.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I still haven't listened to those samples of the new PP musical loop. And I don't intend to as I'd much rather experience it in person for the first time.

I went to DCA today to do just that. And funny thing happened. I totally forgot about the new loop because it just fit so naturally. I didn't stand out at all. I eventually popped out of my daze and took a listen. I like it a lot.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    I found the Rain Main, Toy Story, Rudy, and Forest Gump themes. Was there anything else?
    I thought they used the theme from Medicine Man in the loop? At least there was a song that REALLY sounded like it.

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I love it! It sounds nothing like the Main Street music to me. Maybe to the untrained ear they are similar but my year and a half of studying Jazz history in America tells me they are very much so different.
    Take a listen to the Paradise Park audio clip posted on today's Dateline Disneyland update. (Click here and then do a search on "Audio Clip".) If that doesn't scream Main Street Music loop, then I don't know what does.

Now, I'm not saying that the new loop is bad or out of place. I actually like it a lot. I'm just saying that the Imagineers sort of painted themselves into a corner giving Paradise Pier a quasi-Victorian overlay, And an inevitable result is that the music of Paradise Pier is going to sound somewhat similar to what is played on Main Street. Thematically, not very many years separate the two locations.

Yes, there are definitely major differences between the music of the two eras. However, they are more alike than dissimilar. And I should know. I've been playing trumpet most of my life and have actually performed music from both eras.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brassplayer View Post
    And I should know. I've been playing trumpet most of my life and have actually performed music from both eras.
    Say wha? Based on your screenname I would have guessed Flute.

But in response to your other points, they're a similar style but I'm most certainly okay with that. There's a charm to the new music that was lacking from the old.

As long as the loop is completely new, I'm okay with it reminding us of main street.

• jeffrey

Okay, okay, okay...TO ME (being my opinion) the music sounds incredibly like SOME of the tunes played on Main Street. Some songs on Main Street are played by Paragon Ragtime Orchestra and this new loop clip I heard sounds extremely similar to PRO's sound and music quality, however most of the songs on Main Street are some other orchestra(s). But either way I do like it...and the goal was to make DCA more like Disneyland anyway, so this kinda brings the feel into the park.

Quote Originally Posted by richboi117 View Post
    Okay, okay, okay...TO ME (being my opinion) the music sounds incredibly like SOME of the tunes played on Main Street. Some songs on Main Street are played by Paragon Ragtime Orchestra and this new loop clip I heard sounds extremely similar to PRO's sound and music quality, however most of the songs on Main Street are some other orchestra(s). But either way I do like it...and the goal was to make DCA more like Disneyland anyway, so this kinda brings the feel into the park.
    I like the new music as well. I just think it's unfortunate that the Paradise Pier loop has to sound so similar to the Main Street one. However, as I previously mentioned, I don't think the Imagineers had much choice in this instance.

I am confused by your "goal was to make DCA more like Disneyland" comment. I believe the intent of the makeover is to make DCA a higher quality Park, like Disneyland. But I don't think the intent is to copy elements of Disneyland and insert them into DCA.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by brassplayer View Post

I am confused by your "goal was to make DCA more like Disneyland" comment. I believe the intent of the makeover is to make DCA a higher quality Park, like Disneyland. But I don't think the intent is to copy elements of Disneyland and insert them into DCA.
    That's what I meant, sorry for the confusion. I should have wrote make the park Disney-like.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The new loop has some good music, but it's something that I was expecting to have in the new entry for DCA.

For the area around paradise puddle, similar songs would be fine, but they could theme those songs to the area they are near. They could have the bubbly versions of these songs around Little mermaid area, a "windy" version of the same songs for SSS, and for the rest of the area, do it with a calliope sound.
    Can I just say that "Georgia On My Mind" is an extremely weird choice for a CALIFORNIA Adventure? (It was playing last week in the park while I was there.)

I mean...honestly. What are these people smoking during their brain storming sessions...

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I don't understand the big up to do about the music sounding similar to Main Street. I think that was sorta inevitable. It's no big deal honestly, they didn't copy Main Streets loop and I don't think they ever intended to steal or whatever from Disneyland. I mean the ToT loop is very similar to Indy/Jungle Cruise loops and I think even share some identical songs.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Can I just say that "Georgia On My Mind" is an extremely weird choice for a CALIFORNIA Adventure? (It was playing last week in the park while I was there.)

I mean...honestly. What are these people smoking during their brain storming sessions...

REALLY, georgia on my mind??????? The Imagineers are out of their minds, again. That song reminds me of that show "Designing Women". Song would fit better in the Hollywood area, NOT PP.

I've only seen two different video with the new loop in paradise park, and both those short clips are fine. But not Georgia on my mind!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011