Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

candles wouldnt work. no room for tree. if you go look in the videos in the finale, you can see them making the sorcerer hat out of blue water. they could use the same effect for the tree but green. now lets get this thread back on topic. out with the old, in with the new right?

I was so excited about this show, but perhaps its just not translated right on the youtube's I have seen. I am just not impressed. Don't get me wrong, it looks..... nice enough. The dancing fountain at Epcot use to me amoung my favorite things there, well until it fell into complete disrepair.

That said, I went to the Bellagio Fountain in LV with the greatest anticipation and left completely underwhelmed by it. The show bored me and I kept assuming it was the music, which I found to be non-compatible with the format of the fountain.

So i am hoping when I get to see this thing on eye level with the disney music blarring, I will convert over into impressed, but for now.... I am hesitant and underwhelmed.

And while I know of the challenges of fireworks in PP, I was still expecting some low level firework accents the finale and a few other key moments just as Fantasmic does.

So far the show strikes me as very expensive to build and create but somewhat cost effective to maintain and may be better suited in an enviroment like lake side at WDW's DTD vs. a night time spectacular of a Disney theme park. I will of course hope I am wrong and reserve final judgement until I see live and in person.

For not keeping my fingers crossed.....

• Dream in wonderful color!

^ you're right, they should build a show like World of Color (with flame whips, lasers, and giant mist screens, etc) right smack dab in the middle of Downtown Disney. I'm sure TDO would love to pay for that and provide a free show for all guests.

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

That was pretty darn cool.

Finally something that makes me actually WANT to go to DCA!

• Splash On In

With the fountains of Bellagio, it completely depends on the program you happen to catch. Some are out of this world, others are just ok.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxq5VvRNCII]YouTube - Fountains of Bellagio - This Kiss (HD quality)[/ame]

This WOC presentation is just a WIP. There's no way the programing for these sequences is completely finished and for certain a lot of the elements are not going to come across well on video much less at that angle. I agree that there are elements in this I found lackluster but I expect all to fall into place in the coming weeks. Even if it doesn't, the beauty of this type of show is that it can very easily evolve. At the very least, this video shows that there is potential for something truly great out in that lagoon.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    That was pretty darn cool.

Finally something that makes me actually WANT to go to DCA!
    That's the point... attendance boosts. But it's still an amazing show regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    ^ you're right, they should build a show like World of Color (with flame whips, lasers, and giant mist screens, etc) right smack dab in the middle of Downtown Disney. I'm sure TDO would love to pay for that and provide a free show for all guests.

I wasn't speaking hypothetically. Its already a rumor that Team Disney Orlando is consider exactly that. DTD revenues are WAY down at WDW and surprise surpise, Characters in Flight did not fix that. DTD needs an attraction to draw in and the registers at the stores and resturants ringing up again. So the idea is not as far from the realm for possibility that one my think. That said, I do agree that WDW won't do it. But I believe the rumors that it *is* being looked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    I wasn't speaking hypothetically. Its already a rumor that Team Disney Orlando is consider exactly that. DTD revenues are WAY down at WDW and surprise surpise, Characters in Flight did not fix that. DTD needs an attraction to draw in and the registers at the stores and resturants ringing up again. So the idea is not as far from the realm for possibility that one my think. That said, I do agree that WDW won't do it. But I believe the rumors that it *is* being looked out.
    There were rumors going around for a fountain show, not for a big nighttime show like World of Color. There's no way you will have a show the size of WoC without a proper viewing area and the huge amount of infrastructure required.. financially it wouldn't make sense to build a show like this just for shoppers walking around DTD.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Welcome Home.

That wasn't the ENTIRE show, right? Did I just completely miss the Alice in Wonderland section?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Lozo View Post
    That wasn't the ENTIRE show, right? Did I just completely miss the Alice in Wonderland section?
    Well the video was 25 minutes, which is how long this show will be. But this is a rough cut of WOC. The real deal will and should be tested later on as the debut date gets closer (once we hear an official date).

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Yeah, with the HUGE success the Burton Alice was, there's no way in hell that the Alice section is getting cut. Disney will make sure of that.

There was also no Tinkerbell and Little Squirt. I have a feeling that lots of this will be different in June.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    There was also no Tinkerbell and Little Squirt. I have a feeling that lots of this will be different in June.
    yep! and based on other testing videos that have been posted before, Little Squirt is still in the show (we've seen him in action.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxqYhfmishE"]YouTube- WOC Testing 02/11/10 - Video #2[/ame]

We've also seen paper animation for Alice, and testing for the Card March scene.. so we know they haven't been cut from the show either
    Last edited by nonob88; 04-09-2010 at 12:16 AM.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

• A Suitcase & A Dream

After seeing what can be done with the fountains and lights, I truly hope that LuminAria returns for the holidays. The fountains could be made to look like candles on the water made to look like a christmas tree. LuminAria was very repetitive and with the WoC it could easily become a holiday favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    yep! and based on other testing videos that have been posted before, Little Squirt is still in the show (we've seen him in action.)

YouTube- WOC Testing 02/11/10 - Video #2

We've also seen paper animation for Alice, and testing for the Card March scene.. so we know they haven't been cut from the show either
    It also seemed like the beginning of the spring spite segment was missing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast