Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118
  1. #31

    • Dream in wonderful color!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    One thing i've noticed is that we rarely see the V-Fan screens in action. I've seen them testing these fountains during in-park hours so I know they're there... They're the projection panels that can move forward and backward, spin, etc. there's a lot of them on the platform, it should look really cool in the show
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

    "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    745

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    There were rumors going around for a fountain show, not for a big nighttime show like World of Color. There's no way you will have a show the size of WoC without a proper viewing area and the huge amount of infrastructure required.. financially it wouldn't make sense to build a show like this just for shoppers walking around DTD.
    sighhh.... You state as fact what is really just opinion.


    No, the rumors I have heard are for a big nighttime fountain show like the World of Color, if not the show itself sans the PP backback drop. A regular fountain show wouldn't do much to fix the attendance decline at WDW's DTD. They are looking in add a major draw to DTD, not an enviromental element.

    You say they would never build a show for shoppers walking around but note that it is the shopping, and food &beverage sales that are the life blood of Disney. In the theme parks, this is where the real money is made. Its not the ticket sales.

    Attendence has dwindled greatly at DTD and they are of course looking to reverse that and regain competitive edge they once had over Universal Orlando City Walk.

    Huge amount of infrastructure required?? WDW DTD is already fully capable of handling massive crowds on the scale of it's theme park night time spectaculars, in fact it already has. For years it did a MASSIVE 4th of July fireworks show along the shores of DTD's West Side. Still synced to blarring patriotic music. these fireworks spectaculars were just as big as any of its theme parks shows, and just as crowded if not more so because yes, they were absolutely free.

    Again I would guess the start up cost of a show like WOC is very high but the cost of running the show, I would GUESS isn't as high as say the typcial ngihttime spectaculars. Since they could add Fantasmic to the Rivers of America, and build a entire Amphitheater for it in Florida, and add WOC to the Bay at DCA, then really putting that type of show into the WDW DTD is well within reach.

    I not going to say that it's going to happen, as it probably won't but not for reasons you might think.

    For now I will just wait for the DCA show. But for now I am not really impressed but yes, at the angle the footage was taken..... I'd say how could I be but so many other seem to be so impressed.

    Belligo Clip posted failed to change my impression of that show. I am trying to figure out why I am not impressed, as I sincerely enjoyed the old Fantasy Waters at the DLH, and Epcots Future World Fountain. Clearly WOC blows theses away and yet it's not blowing me away.

    Again I am hoping in person, with a great score, I will change my mind.

  3. #33

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    I hate to be the downer here, but is anyone else a little disappointed that this was even posted?

    I'm just as excited for World of Color as anyone else, but posting the ENTIRE show then critiquing it seems like a child peeking at their presents before Christmas then pouting because they didn't get what they wanted.

    There seem to be hundreds of people working day and night to put this together to make something special just for us, and we're ruining the surprise. I wouldn't be at all shocked if Disney found out about this already and made plans to drastically alter the show based on the things said on this board, just to try and keep some elements a surprise.

    I'm just saying, everyone, why can't we just let surprises be, and enjoy them once they're out? It's one thing to track a project in anticipation, but quite another to go out of your way to find SERIAL NUMBERS and pieces of the attraction just to take a shot in the dark as to what they're being used for.

    I, for one, stand up for my right to say "shame on you". I personally have not watched the videos and will not be so bold as to take a peek just so I can sit there and watch the show in person and say "This looked different on my tiny computer screen at home".

    Just let it go, people, and let's just all be amazed on opening night, shall we?

  4. #34

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,554

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    I hate to be the downer here, but is anyone else a little disappointed that this was even posted?

    I'm just as excited for World of Color as anyone else, but posting the ENTIRE show then critiquing it seems like a child peeking at their presents before Christmas then pouting because they didn't get what they wanted.

    There seem to be hundreds of people working day and night to put this together to make something special just for us, and we're ruining the surprise. I wouldn't be at all shocked if Disney found out about this already and made plans to drastically alter the show based on the things said on this board, just to try and keep some elements a surprise.

    I'm just saying, everyone, why can't we just let surprises be, and enjoy them once they're out? It's one thing to track a project in anticipation, but quite another to go out of your way to find SERIAL NUMBERS and pieces of the attraction just to take a shot in the dark as to what they're being used for.

    I, for one, stand up for my right to say "shame on you". I personally have not watched the videos and will not be so bold as to take a peek just so I can sit there and watch the show in person and say "This looked different on my tiny computer screen at home".

    Just let it go, people, and let's just all be amazed on opening night, shall we?
    It's ones choice whether or not to watch those videos. In addition to the one recently posted. For some, it doesn't matter if we watched the videos or not, we will still be amazed because videos don't compare to actually being there and watching it in person. Which is the case for me. Not to mention that the recent one does not have all of the planned effects and scenes in the show and is not the FINAL version. We still have two months to go and by the time June rolls around, we would have forgotten about the videos posted.

    It's a fun experience to see how they progressed with WOC and the video shows that we are not that far now from the actual debut soon.

    Watching the videos is nothing to be ashamed of. It's the human nature to have a huge curiosity level.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  5. #35

    • wanderlust
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego!
    Posts
    344

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    I can't wait to see the final version, in fact I only watched the first minute of the video because I really want to see it with a fresh mind. I really cannot wait! I want an official release date :3 I want to be surprised and amazed when I see it the first time in person!
    Last edited by ladollhouse; 04-09-2010 at 06:46 AM. Reason: spelling, man.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.


  6. #36

    • Dream in wonderful color!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    sighhh.... You state as fact what is really just opinion.


    No, the rumors I have heard are for a big nighttime fountain show like the World of Color, if not the show itself sans the PP backback drop. A regular fountain show wouldn't do much to fix the attendance decline at WDW's DTD. They are looking in add a major draw to DTD, not an enviromental element.

    You say they would never build a show for shoppers walking around but note that it is the shopping, and food &beverage sales that are the life blood of Disney. In the theme parks, this is where the real money is made. Its not the ticket sales.

    Attendence has dwindled greatly at DTD and they are of course looking to reverse that and regain competitive edge they once had over Universal Orlando City Walk.

    Huge amount of infrastructure required?? WDW DTD is already fully capable of handling massive crowds on the scale of it's theme park night time spectaculars, in fact it already has. For years it did a MASSIVE 4th of July fireworks show along the shores of DTD's West Side. Still synced to blarring patriotic music. these fireworks spectaculars were just as big as any of its theme parks shows, and just as crowded if not more so because yes, they were absolutely free.

    Again I would guess the start up cost of a show like WOC is very high but the cost of running the show, I would GUESS isn't as high as say the typcial ngihttime spectaculars. Since they could add Fantasmic to the Rivers of America, and build a entire Amphitheater for it in Florida, and add WOC to the Bay at DCA, then really putting that type of show into the WDW DTD is well within reach.

    I not going to say that it's going to happen, as it probably won't but not for reasons you might think.
    By infrastructure I meant all the equipment that was added for the show. Showing a 4th of July fireworks spectacular is one thing, presenting a nightly show like World of Color is quite another.

    It's ok if you're not impressed with the one video we've seen so far - I'm just surprised that someone actually thinks WoC was considered for DTD.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

    "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

  7. #37

    • Frozen lemonade addict!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mission Viejo, CA
    Posts
    286

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    Watching these rough cuts make me very excited about viewing the finished show. Im just taken back by the sheer size of the show, its huge! <insert that's what she said joke here>
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/

  8. #38

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    194

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    I hate to be the downer here, but is anyone else a little disappointed that this was even posted?

    I'm just as excited for World of Color as anyone else, but posting the ENTIRE show then critiquing it seems like a child peeking at their presents before Christmas then pouting because they didn't get what they wanted.

    There seem to be hundreds of people working day and night to put this together to make something special just for us, and we're ruining the surprise. I wouldn't be at all shocked if Disney found out about this already and made plans to drastically alter the show based on the things said on this board, just to try and keep some elements a surprise.

    I'm just saying, everyone, why can't we just let surprises be, and enjoy them once they're out? It's one thing to track a project in anticipation, but quite another to go out of your way to find SERIAL NUMBERS and pieces of the attraction just to take a shot in the dark as to what they're being used for.
    Agreed.

  9. #39

    • Nothin's gonna stop us!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    408

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Just let it go, people, and let's just all be amazed on opening night, shall we?


    Now, I can't speak for everyone, but some of us (i.e. me) either live too far away from the parks to go on a regular basis, or even at all in some cases. Besides, watching a homemade video of a rough test of a huge a show that was taken at an incredibly awkward angle does nothing other than give us a basic outline of the contents of the show.

    At any rate, I'm pretty sure that watching little 2" squirts of water on your computer screen won't completely spoil the experience of seeing gigantic pillars of water shoot from the ground in front of you.


  10. #40

    • Pongo is my hero.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,374

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    I hope this was a rough copy of the actual show.

    I didn't see squirt or a conga line of fish. I'm about halfway through, but still skeptical.

    I always thought WoC would spoon feed you a story, and not just let the audience interpret what is happening. I hope this is not the case and the story will be definite (projections and such) otherwise I may focus my excitement on the other expansions of DCA :/

    one hundred and one

  11. #41

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California, United States
    Posts
    668

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    I hate to be the downer here, but is anyone else a little disappointed that this was even posted?
    If you don't want to watch it, don't click on the link that says "World of Color - TEST OF FULL SHOW". (I know you didn't watch it, but why complain?)

    I'm not disappointed at all. It's not like someone has a gun to anyones head forcing them to watch the video, lol
    -Wes

  12. #42

    • A Little Rabid
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    323

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    Soundtrack wise, this is fantastic! I love the segues from 'A Whole New World' to 'Go The Distance' and 'Night On Bald Mountain' to 'Hellfire'. So far, looks like my favorite snip from the show will be the villains segment mostly because the use of 'The Hunchback Notre Dame" and Scar from "The Lion King". I got the tingles.

    I can't judge the effects right now but they are looking quite impressive especially the use of all those colors. So pretty! One thing's for sure, I'll be tearing up (a good thing) and covered in goosebumps once WOC premieres.
    I lurk.

  13. #43

    • Dream in wonderful color!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    I love the April Showers scene.. great music there!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

    "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

  14. #44

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,684

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    ith the one video we've seen so far - I'm just surprised that someone actually thinks WoC was considered for DTD.
    it never has and most likely never will, the DTD waterways are all natural waterways that would create a nightmare to maintain a show like this.

    WOC and all the incarnations of Fantasmic are built within a control body of water. Any kind of water show for DTD in Orlando would most likely have to be done with barges at a much smaller scale.

    If the cost of WOC that is being thrown around is true it would most likely cost double that to build proper infrastructure in DTD Orlando.


    TDO needs to really make a plan to revitalize DTD and pick up sells and a watershow will not do that. i have not been to DTD Orlando in a long time but do they at least have live entertainment like here in Anaheim all along the walkways?

    Like you said it is not financially feasable to spend that kind of money for something that most people would come to see in the evening for free. The shops in DTD Orlando need the foot traffic during the day not at night before closing.

  15. #45

    • Mouse at work
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    664

    Re: World of Color - Test of Full Show

    this looks amazing, but how is this a full test without any projections?
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] World of Color ful show video.
    By Skipper S in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 12:51 AM
  2. [Fun] World of Color Pre-Show Music?
    By wumbology in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 07:24 PM
  3. [Question] How is viewing for the World of Color Show going to go.
    By Lizzie in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 04:13 PM
  4. [Fun] World of Color Full Show testing currently going on! [April Fools!]
    By Ckelef1 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 09:09 PM
  5. [Video] World of Color Fountain Test
    By Abominable Snowman in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 08:02 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •