Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• It's all nonsense

Thanks! But I was halfway expecting big walls that covered the entire facade. Hmmmm.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Thanks for the picture Evil Minion.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I rode SSL twice, the second time only because my friend hadn't been on it yet. That ride was truly the most uncomfortable experience I'd ever had at the parks. I felt actually embarrassed and humiliated, as if that mess was my own blunder. We couldn't even believe we were in a Disney park! Shameful.

Hard to imagine a ride that actually 'diminishes' the park experience as a whole.

Let's wish Matt and Co. the best...

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Good Finally!! That was such a terrible ride that had nothing to do with Disney. I went on it when the park opened and was disgusted! I'm looking forward to the MI overlay, even if it is an overlay, I'll be a happy camper!

Now that we got rid of one can we get rid of Millionaire? That thing is so lame

• I was deleted.

Video?

Although I am excited about a new attraction coming in DCA, I am still curious about SSL. I went on it a couple of times years ago and don't remember that much of it. I just listened to the audio from the attraction through another thread here and I was wondering if anyone had any video or pictures of the inside? I would love to see it again. Thanks!

• No bacon; sausage.

Hey people, I heard a rumer recently that Monster's Inc. Makeover for SSL was scrapted. Instead, Roy Disney is converting SSL over for Michael Eisner's personal Dungeon!!!! :devil: :devil:
    Last edited by DLBakerguy; 03-07-2005 at 06:26 PM.

• that's right!

You know, I regretted never going on that ride until I watched an on-ride video.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

• the subs were cool maan

why couldnt they have improved it? ITs probably the ride that had the most to do with california then any other in that whole park, with a few exceptions. WHAT, tell me, WHAT does Monsters Inc have to do with California? Or Hollywood? IT takes place in an "alternate dimension" that the monsters access thru closet doors.

While

SSL Took you past scenes of california landmarks. Sure, it was hellof cheap, but maybe they could have refurbished it and re-named it STAR Limo service or something. Monsters Inc really has nothing to do with california NOR hollywood(Pictures backlot). It would fit more in toontown then DCA.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    why couldnt they have improved it? ITs probably the ride that had the most to do with california then any other in that whole park, with a few exceptions. WHAT, tell me, WHAT does Monsters Inc have to do with California? Or Hollywood? IT takes place in an "alternate dimension" that the monsters access thru closet doors.

While

SSL Took you past scenes of california landmarks. Sure, it was hellof cheap, but maybe they could have refurbished it and re-named it STAR Limo service or something. Monsters Inc really has nothing to do with california NOR hollywood(Pictures backlot). It would fit more in toontown then DCA.
    See, that's one of the reasons I'd like to see Toon Town torn out... Imagine HPB split into two, LA/Hollywood, and the Disney Studios. Then you could turn SSL into Benny the Cab's drive through Toon Town, and see where the Disney stars relax after a hard day at the studio. Then take out Muppets and Millionaire for the Disney Movie Ride to take us through Disney live-action films. So, use the eastern wall of Animation and continue that line going north. That contains the Studio portion. Then Hollywood and Dine, Hyperion, and ToT become a Golden Age of Hollywood Blvd.

Just because the execution of the land, and SSL in particular, left a LOT to be desired, I'd definitely agree that Monsters will just be throwing good money after bad and not leaving DCA any better off.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• wasting time

Hey look!

It's Mike Wazowski!

• This Maid Loves it!!

One of my friends just went to WDI recently, and saw the Monsters Inc props, and thought it was quite amazing! That and the huge model for the 50th exhibit that will be displayed!
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• That's Hawt

I got one from ... themepark review ... i think
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    No, that's underneath Disneyland in a large vault located directly underneath the hub.
    Wrong, Walt's underneath the Carousel of Progress at MK and will be awakened through the power of five mystical gems and given amazing super powers and will fight off Eisner in a fight to the death battle to determine the fate of the world for Eisner has unleashed an ancient evil that nearly dominated the world thousands of years ago that used giant monsters to attack the cities of the ancients such as Atlantis.
    Well, at least that's whats going on in that fanfic I'm writing...

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Does anybody know if the 50th anniversary exhibit will open before May 5th?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast