Thread: Christmas 2005

Smile Christmas 2005

My kids (Son 14 and Daughter 11) are out of school from December 16 through the new year. My wife and I are thinking about spending a day or two at Disneyland and/or California Adventure during that time. We all love the Disney experience but don't much like the crowds. In the past we've gone the Monday and Tuesday after Thanksgiving and we owned the park. It was great. But now the kids are old enough that we can't pull them out of school like that.

I'm hoping to tap into some of the great knowledge here:

1) What should we expect in the way of crowds the week of Dec 18 and the week of Dec 26?

2) It seems like Fastpass makes even the croded days ok. Is this really the case?

-Frank

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Re: Christmas 2005

Here are the answers....

1. The week before Christmas in my past experiances is two things. One, its super crowded. and Two, its cheerful. It has a certain feel to it that makes the crowds okay. Its kinda wierd...but hey. Its worth every minute of it! As for the week after, Im sure its just as bad, but still has the cheer. =D

2. Fastpass can do two things. Make your day better, and actually hold your place in line, or it can make it worse on you. It kinda depends if they will take your FP after the allotted time. I have had more reports that the CMs dont take them after that hour, espcially at e-tickets like Space. So use the guide/sticky posted at the top of these forums. It will help you out!

have fun!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Man O Lantern

We went the week between Christmas and New Year's last year.....and the weather was cruddy. Not too cold, but there were heavy rains (that never lasted long, but they were heavy at times). The parks were dead by dinner time, so we had a blast!!

The daytime waits weren't that bad. We did our usual prioritizing and timing and fastpasses and and it was never a problem. By our fifth day, we'd definitely done everything to death.

But the night-times....oh my gosh. They were awesome! We just walked on every ride you can think of, over and over and over.

Our last night there was crowded though....Dec. 30th, and a Thursday or Friday I think. That was the only night that was bad, but again, the mood there was light, happy, everyone was cheerful. My four year old decided she wanted to ride It's a Small World one last time.....even though I explained that it would be a two hour line (turned out not to be that long, thank goodness). The family in front of us gave her a sucker, the AP holders behind us kept her entertained, we had a fabulous view of the parade (we were in the middle section and our part of the line couldn't move until the parade was over, so we were right there in front for it!).

You can't go wrong going during the holidays!

• Give Peace a Chance

It is very busy between the 18th and 24th ~ often I've wondered why the people don't leave and go Christmas shopping so I can have shorter lines. (but I really don't mind sharing so I get over it quickly) The 26th is especially busy with the after Christmas sales and people getting their annual passes that they received for Christmas!

But the decorations are beautiful, the mood is festive. It's a wonderful, magical time to visit DLR.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

Wink Re: Christmas 2005

Thank you all for your suggestions and ideas. I'll try to post a trip report after we go to Disneyland!

-Frank

• Disney lover

DL around Christmas and New Years is a great experence... yes it does get crowded and it did rain last year but get fast passes and a puncho or rain coat and it will be a blast with all of the decorations and holiday cheer... its wonderful!

• I Heart Disney!!!

Just deal with the crowds it desnt matter ITS DISNEYLAND who cares your at the Happiest Place On Earth what more can i say. Pic any dates you want and just go thats half of the fun seeing if it is going to be busy or not besides be a true fan not a fair weather fan Gosh J/K -lol-. Well have fun just the same ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!