Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

How to Avoid WOC Crowds?

annual pass will expire around the end of June.
    It's the So Cal ap, that means there is only S M T to view the show.
    Out of all those days, what would be the best chance to avoid crowds. Oh and M T all the ap are valid so does S sound less crowded since the So Cal Select is blocked?

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: How to Avoid WOC Crowds?

All should be fine as long as you get there when the park opens and RUN to get a showpass. The first couple months or so will be outrageous.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

In my experience the past few years, Sunday would be your best bet. There are usually a huge ap crowd those m/t in june when all the ap's can get in. They will also all want to watch World of Color!

• Minion

You are going to want there Sunday morning at opening to get a ShowPass. In my 14 years of experience, Sunday mornings are dead until about noon. That is when the locals come and clog up the park.

How about the last week in June? Assuming your AP hasn't expired yet, SC Select is blacked out, but not the plain old SoCal...I recently upgraded to SoCal when I went on a Friday, and assuming the rumored June 10 opening date holds, that's probably the week I'll try seeing it. Though summer crowds might be in full swing by then; I'll just hope they don't feel like lining up for a showpass right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Flealick View Post
    How about the last week in June? Assuming your AP hasn't expired yet, SC Select is blacked out, but not the plain old SoCal...I recently upgraded to SoCal when I went on a Friday, and assuming the rumored June 10 opening date holds, that's probably the week I'll try seeing it. Though summer crowds might be in full swing by then; I'll just hope they don't feel like lining up for a showpass right away.
    That last week for SoCal might be better, but more people are off from school then. still likely better than days SoCal Select can get in.
    Sleeping on Disney sheets...zzz

http://imagineartony.blogspot.com/

• The Study of Wumbo

Yet another question on everyone's minds... waiting, waiting to be answered.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I was planning to go June 13th or 14th

• Jack of All Trades

Don't forget... they are planning some (yet, announced) AP preview nites before June 10th. Might be a chance to check it out as well... depending on your scheduling...

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Well yes, I'm going to previews and if for whatever reason, I'm not invited or able to go, 13th or 14th!

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Definitely Sunday morning. Get there SUPER early, and as soon as you get through the gate, RU---I mean, WALK QUICKLY to the showpass location. I would think that would be the best bet. Even if the crowds are light, EVERYONE (that's informed, anyhow) is going to be headed to the same place.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    Even if the crowds are light, EVERYONE (that's informed, anyhow) is going to be headed to the same place.
    That's the keyword: Informed.
    Pure Disney fans are GENERALLY informed.
    Your everyday person isn't.
    And most Disney fans are on here.
    Good luck!
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    That's the keyword: Informed.
    Pure Disney fans are GENERALLY informed.
    Your everyday person isn't.
    And most Disney fans are on here.
    Good luck!
    Very true. That makes me wonder how they intend to inform the masses of the protocol? Just a blurb in the park map? A sign at the bag check? They must have some way of explaining the new program.

• Banned User

I remember my first trip to WDW and that was the year Fast passes were introduced and honestly all that I remembered was a seperate single slip of paper similar to the entertainment schedule people get in the DLR brochures also included in the WDW brochures explaining it. And in my hotel room on the WDW resort channel they talked about it and the advantages to having it. And of course in the parks themselves there were loads of CMs at all the FP machines talking about it and CMs in front of the FP rides explaining it.

I dont know, but I dont know what they couldve done and I'm guessing with Showpass the will probably do the same things. I'm guessing there will be speed bumps and people will be confused, wont know, complain etc (honestly no matter HOW MUCH you explain and get the word out to people, they are still clueless sometimes) but it will work itself out in time.

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    Very true. That makes me wonder how they intend to inform the masses of the protocol? Just a blurb in the park map? A sign at the bag check? They must have some way of explaining the new program.
    One recent rumor from the DCA thread is that the passes are only for the first show (colored coded rows too). There would also be standing room around the park and on the sides for folks with out the showpass. The second show would be open to all. I am guessing once they clear the park first. If this is true everyone can see the show, just not from the best "sweet" spot. Disney just needs to make it clear that a limited numbed of spots are available first-come-first-serve for the first show...if this rumor is true. I am sure we won't know 100% what will happen till the shows at least start to have previews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast