• Snap!

World Of Color Technical Question

Hi, this forum is awesome, glad I found it, I will probably stick around for a long time here.

This also seems to be the best place for discussions and answers regarding behind the scenes info so I have a question:

How are they going to cover the "stage area" for WOC? It seems rather un-disney to have a big floating island with wires, pumps, lighting, etc and they are probably going to submerge it or cover it somehow, does anyone know for sure or at least what is rumored? Thanks.

• Parmageddon Jim

Re: World Of Color Technical Question

All three sections of the deck submerge. For now, it's above water, in its maintenance position, for show programming and testing.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by senseiz View Post
    Hi, this forum is awesome, glad I found it, I will probably stick around for a long time here.

This also seems to be the best place for discussions and answers regarding behind the scenes info so I have a question:

How are they going to cover the "stage area" for WOC? It seems rather un-disney to have a big floating island with wires, pumps, lighting, etc and they are probably going to submerge it or cover it somehow, does anyone know for sure or at least what is rumored? Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum

Yes, the platform completely submerges until showtime. Aside from some vague structure that you might make out just under the surface of the water, the platform itself will be virtually invisible from most angles and locations around the pier, except for perhaps when you're up in the air. Even then, it won't be glaringly visible.

Even at showtime, the platform won't be completely above water - only the tops of the water jet nozzles and other hardware.

What you've seen in various photos or perhaps when you've been at the park is most likely the platform in what they call "maintenance" position, where the platform itself is completely above the surface of the water so they can test, install, and adjust the various hardware for the show.

Once construction is complete, the platform and the hardware on it will almost always be below the surface of the water.

• Snap!

Thanks for the detailed answers!