Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Forgotten Spirit

Do the Matterhorn Bobsleds go faster than they used to?

So, this could be because the ride's brakes messed up while we rode...but I swear the ride was going really really fast compared to last time. I rode both sides and they went the same speed. I thought I was just crazy so I asked my friends and they all thought it was quicker, and jerkier than normal. I went on Friday...so could you fill me in if this was part of the refurb or something?

re: Do the Matterhorn Bobsleds go faster than they used to?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    So, this could be because the ride's brakes messed up while we rode...but I swear the ride was going really really fast compared to last time. I rode both sides and they went the same speed. I thought I was just crazy so I asked my friends and they all thought it was quicker, and jerkier than normal. I went on Friday...so could you fill me in if this was part of the refurb or something?

I've noticed this too lately... its almost out of control scary fast. Maybe the wheels were warm and there was a heavy person in the bobsled too?

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    I've noticed this too lately... its almost out of control scary fast. Maybe the wheels were warm and there was a heavy person in the bobsled too?
    Yeah, it actually was scary fast. And no...unless four 100lb teenagers is overweight XD

• Snap!

When I rode it late last month, it seemed to be going really slow in my opinion. Would love to ride it faster!!

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by senseiz View Post
    When I rode it late last month, it seemed to be going really slow in my opinion. Would love to ride it faster!!
    I can only compare it to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad when it goes through the banked curves....except there are no banked curves on the Matterhorn...so it was outrageously jerky. A 15 year old kids back should not hurt after riding that XD

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

...except there are no banked curves on the Matterhorn
    Yes there are- many, in fact. The Matterhorn just doesn't have any helixes like Big Thunder does.

I haven't been on the Matterhorn in a while, so I really couldn't comment on any changes they might have made.

• Snap!

Pretty much every turn on Matterhorn is banked, just not at a high angle.

I am used to riding Ghostrider over and over so I don't mind when a ride is jerky and rough.

Was it hot that day? I know heat will make coasters go faster.

It could be because it recently came out of a refurb and that could play alittle into it.

Slightly OT but still on the topic of the Matterhorn. Does anyone happen on know if the ride will be getting new or rebuilt vehichles? I'm wondering because I was there yesterday and waiting in line on the left side (facing the mountain entrance) I noticed a bobsled that was covered but its side skirt and wheels were showing. The wheels looked brand spankin' new which was easy to compare as a bobsled with people went by it for comparison; but what I also noticed was that the side skirt of the covered bobsled had a piece of decorative metal running on the side of it. Something that the current bobsled dont appear to have. So that lead me to wonder if they were planning on adding newer bobsleds.

I'm kinda kicking myself for having not taken a picture of what I'm refering to.

• I LOVE DISNEYLAND <3

It does so scary fast now. I went on it last night and I thought I was going to die! It wasn't like that the last time I went on it.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Lol. I went on last night too. I think it is so much more fun when it's going fast. It's funny when your sitting in the back and you see everyone's head moving back in forth.

It's also fun when the bobsleds race, which is rare for me. lol.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by senseiz View Post
    Pretty much every turn on Matterhorn is banked, just not at a high angle.

I am used to riding Ghostrider over and over so I don't mind when a ride is jerky and rough.

Was it hot that day? I know heat will make coasters go faster.
    No, it was cloudy and not really hot since it was night, and i meant big banked curves...

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
    It could be because it recently came out of a refurb and that could play alittle into it.

Slightly OT but still on the topic of the Matterhorn. Does anyone happen on know if the ride will be getting new or rebuilt vehichles? I'm wondering because I was there yesterday and waiting in line on the left side (facing the mountain entrance) I noticed a bobsled that was covered but its side skirt and wheels were showing. The wheels looked brand spankin' new which was easy to compare as a bobsled with people went by it for comparison; but what I also noticed was that the side skirt of the covered bobsled had a piece of decorative metal running on the side of it. Something that the current bobsled dont appear to have. So that lead me to wonder if they were planning on adding newer bobsleds.

I'm kinda kicking myself for having not taken a picture of what I'm refering to.
    Double post sorry, yes I found this a while back, and I know what ur talking about.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3gWaBTlqc4]YouTube - New Matterhorn Cars[/ame]

Double post sorry, yes I found this a while back, and I know what ur talking about.

YouTube - New Matterhorn Cars
    Thats pretty interesting! Thanks for the info!

• We Go On.

Re: Do the Matterhorn Bobsleds go faster than they used to?

YouTube - New Matterhorn Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
    Thats pretty interesting! Thanks for the info!
    The rumor's been around for a while, and there's still a possibility that they may make it in a refurb later this year. But those cars were just prototypes. There's been talk of them maybe having electronically locking seatbelts (Soarin', Indy, Star Tours, Tower of Terror) instead of lap bars. Personally, I'm hoping for lap bars. I don't know what it is about them, but I'm just hoping for a feeling like WDW's Space Mountain.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Re: Do the Matterhorn Bobsleds go faster than they used to?

ACTUALLY, on the track where they put unused cars next where the ride ends on the tomorrowland side, there was a train all wrapped up. New wheels is all I could see though. It was a two car train. The second car looked so much like the one in the picture above that I had to take a picture. There were THREE seats. I could tell from the tall backrests making bulges in the covering. I'll try to post the picture later.

P.S. This was only yesterday.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast