Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Special rides on the Disneyland Railroad - are they still done?

Hiya! After checking several sources, I've been getting conflicting information over whether or not Disney still allows rides in the tender seats and on the Lilly Belle simply by asking. Anyone ridden either one lately?

Re: Special rides on the Disneyland Railroad - are they still done?

On Sunday I saw people riding in the tender.

• Awaken the spirits

Last time I was in the park was January, and I rode in the Lilly Belle and saw others riding on the tender. I'm assuming they still do both. Definitely definitely DEFINITELY do both if you can!

The CM who took me in the Lilly Belle told me that allowing the public special rides is something they started doing for the 50th and they wanted to keep it as a permanent thing. Is this true?

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Hold on, I'm utterly confused, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT HERE? lol

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post
    Last time I was in the park was January, and I rode in the Lilly Belle and saw others riding on the tender. I'm assuming they still do both. Definitely definitely DEFINITELY do both if you can!

The CM who took me in the Lilly Belle told me that allowing the public special rides is something they started doing for the 50th and they wanted to keep it as a permanent thing. Is this true?
    Not exactly. They'll still allow the public special rides but you have to be lucky.

There has to be an extra conductor available to accomodate you on the Lilly Belle (there has to be a CM with you on board).

As for the Tender, I think the rule had changed. Last time I tried, they told me to return at a certain time then they would ask the engineers if they can accomodate a guest. Not sure if it's still in effect but I would assume this new procedure has been dropped. It's really dependent on two things:

1.) THe engine thats heading to Main Street has to be able to do tender rides (certain engines cannot do tender rides due to design)

2.) Up to the Engineers. If an engine needs to take on water, then they'll say no and wait for the next one.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Not exactly. They'll still allow the public special rides but you have to be lucky.

There has to be an extra conductor available to accommodate you on the Lilly Belle (there has to be a CM with you on board).

As for the Tender, I think the rule had changed. Last time I tried, they told me to return at a certain time then they would ask the engineers if they can accommodate a guest. Not sure if it's still in effect but I would assume this new procedure has been dropped. It's really dependent on two things:

1.) THe engine thats heading to Main Street has to be able to do tender rides (certain engines cannot do tender rides due to design)

2.) Up to the Engineers. If an engine needs to take on water, then they'll say no and wait for the next one.
    ^This...

You can ask for either but it is up to the discretion of of the cast members on duty. I asked about a tender ride first thing in the morning and was told that the engineers don't let anyone ride up there for at least an hour after opening for safety reasons having to do with the engine. And has stated, there has to be an extra CM around to be in the Lilly Belle with you.

Same goes for riding in the wheel house on the Twain. Its always up to the discretion of the CM up there.

So if you ask and are turned down, don't take it personal and don't be upset or mad at the CM's. They will just be doing their jobs. Just try again another time.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Hold on, I'm utterly confused, WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT HERE? lol
    They are talking about the special rides you can get on the railroad.

Sometimes you can ride in the railroad's parlor car, the Lilly Belle (often erroneously called a "caboose"--although you can ride in the actual caboose the railroad has as well).

And smetimes you can ride with the engine crew on either the C.K. Holliday or E.P. Ripley locomotives (these are the only two engines equipped to accommodate passengers, with small seats built onto their tenders).

Taking advantage of all three rides is a different experience than just riding with all the rest of the other passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post

Who exactly do you ask to ride in the Lilly Belle?
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Who exactly do you ask to ride in the Lilly Belle?
    Ask the Cast Member at the Main Street Station. It's the only place that you can board the Lilly Belle.

Once you board the Lilly Belle, you have to do the whole round trip.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Ask the Cast Member at the Main Street Station. It's the only place that you can board the Lilly Belle.

Once you board the Lilly Belle, you have to do the whole round trip.
    Thanks...I think I will try it and maybe I will get lucky...is there a maximum number of family members allowed?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Thanks...I think I will try it and maybe I will get lucky...is there a maximum number of family members allowed?
    There might be a cap on how many people can be on the Lilly Belle at a time. If you got a big family, I suggest breaking into two groups or something.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• I'm not really here

And when you ask, be unbelievably polite and understanding. In Oct we asked the first day we were there and they told us to check back later as there were other parties. By that time there weren't any CMs available to give us the "tour." We just checked back every day. 3rd day we were able to ride. Every time they told us it wasn't going to work out we thanked them with a smile for checking. It was so worth the wait though. The Lilly Belle is gorgeous.

Also, after your ride, ask the Cast Member if you could have one of the Lilly Belle tickets.

Cast Members get crap all the time when things don't work out just as a guest wants so it really goes a LONG way if you are really polite and friendly with them. They actually started remembering us and we saw them in several other places besides MS Station and they'd wave.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    And when you ask, be unbelievably polite and understanding. In Oct we asked the first day we were there and they told us to check back later as there were other parties. By that time there weren't any CMs available to give us the "tour." We just checked back every day. 3rd day we were able to ride. Every time they told us it wasn't going to work out we thanked them with a smile for checking. It was so worth the wait though. The Lilly Belle is gorgeous.

Also, after your ride, ask the Cast Member if you could have one of the Lilly Belle tickets.

Cast Members get crap all the time when things don't work out just as a guest wants so it really goes a LONG way if you are really polite and friendly with them. They actually started remembering us and we saw them in several other places besides MS Station and they'd wave.
    Thanks for all the advice...I am definetely going to try. Sounds like a great experience.

• Closed Account

The Lilly Belle can carry about 15 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    The Lilly Belle can carry about 15 people.
    Oh, thats great we are just a family of 6 so I will keep my fingers crossed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast