• Escaped Pirate

Talking Thank You Cast Members!

I've been reading that there are several cast members who are members of MiceChat and I had a thought. It really is the personal moments we have with the cast members that make each and every Disneyland trip great.

So leave a story or just a thank you so that the people who strive to make OUR vacations wonderful can know they are truly appreciated.

Thank you CM's! You really put the magic in Disneyland! :-)

• Banned User

Re: Thank You Cast Members!

Thank you so much. I am a CM and I love what I do, for years growing up I was shown the magic and now to be on stage and backstage and be a part of the magic really is rewarding. I love knowing that in some small way I have helped contribute to the smiles that are on people's faces as they walk around this Magical Kingdom.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

In the past there's been a couple threads like this started, and one even that was posted as an open letter to the CM's. I think it's great! I know for my family, we love the CM's and what they do! Most of our memories that we talk about almost always have to do with a CM.

I'm sure by now everyone has read my Farley the Fiddler story, it's those type of interactions that make me so amazed at how day after day the CM's can really pull off the magic and make such an impact to the guests!

Thumbs up to the Cast Members
    Yaye!

I was just about to make CM Appreciation thread. I have so many stories about wonderful CM's that made our trip more magical I don't even know where to start. All I can say is that I really do appreciate everything they do! Since I can't give them gifts, I like to try and make their day by being just as nice

• Nerd

Thank you to all CM's. Thank you to a special CM in my life. Today is her birthday! Happy Birthday! She's a great CM and a great wife.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Thank you especially to the CMs who radioed to the tram following mine that "Some nutty lady has lost her favorite Palm Springs Tram-Way hat when it blew off and can't possibly live a happy life without it so can you please stop your tram if you see it and pick it up because this poor lady is just so unhappy and this is The Happiest Place on Earth so let's make HER happy and pick it up and return it to her.

Cause I did.

And the CMs did!

And it made me really, truly happy and you all do a great job and I have never, ever again worn a hat on the tram.

The end.

We had a terrific cast member encounter last year. Unfortunately I was too upset to get her name...

It was my first time traveling with a service dog. He'd done a terrific job. It was the last day of a long 6-day trip, and we were riding Small World before leaving the park. The line was longer than expected, so we didn't realize the fireworks were about to start. RIGHT as we were exiting the boat, the loud BOOM started. My poor dog got spooked and tried to run.

He got away from me and my daughter caught up to him. He tried to squirm away from her and I tried to get to them as quickly as possible. A quick thinking CM sat on the ground with my daughter and helped soothe him. I finally slid to the ground and between the 3 of us we were able to calm him down. She found us a quiet place at the end of the queue line and we all stayed there until the fireworks were over.

She was so professional and kind! On our way out of LA the next day I stopped by to leave a comment. It was then that I realized I never got her name. I was so worried about my pup that I never wrote it down. She really made a scary situation much better.

If you're a CM and know who I'm talking about, please tell her how much we appreciated her kind assistance!

• world class bilge rat

Every CM I've ever had any interaction with is a shining example of humanity at its finest.

The demands placed on them border on impossible, yet they seem genuinely happy. It takes a very special person to accomplish what these persons do every day.

My hat is off to each one of them.

Rob

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
    We had a terrific cast member encounter last year. Unfortunately I was too upset to get her name...

It was my first time traveling with a service dog. He'd done a terrific job. It was the last day of a long 6-day trip, and we were riding Small World before leaving the park. The line was longer than expected, so we didn't realize the fireworks were about to start. RIGHT as we were exiting the boat, the loud BOOM started. My poor dog got spooked and tried to run.

He got away from me and my daughter caught up to him. He tried to squirm away from her and I tried to get to them as quickly as possible. A quick thinking CM sat on the ground with my daughter and helped soothe him. I finally slid to the ground and between the 3 of us we were able to calm him down. She found us a quiet place at the end of the queue line and we all stayed there until the fireworks were over.

She was so professional and kind! On our way out of LA the next day I stopped by to leave a comment. It was then that I realized I never got her name. I was so worried about my pup that I never wrote it down. She really made a scary situation much better.

If you're a CM and know who I'm talking about, please tell her how much we appreciated her kind assistance!

That's a great story, I am glad she was there to help! I was trying to think if there was anytime a CM went over and beyond the call of duty, but it seems like they all do!!

We were too early for dinner one evening so we went into the gift shop at the DLH just to kill time. The lady in there remembered us from the day before when we were in the PP hotel gift shop! She asked us if there was anything she could help us find and we told her we were just killing time. My daughter told her she thought it was really cool she remembered us and the CM told her, she always remembers people that are as sweet and kind as we are. That totally made Sophia's day, she really loves all the "VIP" treatment the CM's give to the guests. We chatted on about some other things, products in the store, and things around the park. After a few minutes we had to go and my daughter gave the CM a hug and then told her thank you for being nice to us. The CM got down on her level and told her that she was the sweetest little girl she had met at Disneyland in a very long time. Sophia quickly replied, it's my moms fault, she made me learn my manners! They both laughed and off we went! It was just the cutest thing ever, I do hope she's there on our next visit because I'd love to thank her!
    Yaye!

• Escaped Pirate

My wife was at Disneyworld with her family before we got married and she lost her wallet. This wallet had the entire family's tickets, room keys, money- everything. Worst yet, she realized she had thrown it in the garbage at Animal Kingdom when she was on the opposite side of the park. She ran all the way across AK to find her wallet when a CM noticed her panic. She told him her story and they made their way to the trash bin by where they had eaten. He rounded up some other cast members and they picked through the garbage by hand to help her. They found the wallet and the trip was saved.

micromind said, "Every CM I've ever had any interaction with is a shining example of humanity at its finest."

That is a perfect way to describe the CMs and this should be on a banner in their breakroom.

• Banned User

I wish it was but it really is nice to hear about all the wonderful things CM'S have done for you. I know when I joined I wanted to provide that same level of service and gratitude that had been shown to me over the years as a guest. And a special thanks to all you guests who know that we too are human and we make mistakes but yet that we are genuinely happy to be there and to ensure a magical moment for you and your family. We as CM'S went through a lot when California Adventure was being opened we lost the parking and the usual routine we had to park 45 minutes away and were scheduled in our posts at a certain time and well with L.A traffic it was often at times unrealistic, yet we made it thorough that and you CM'S who were around for that know exactly what Im talking about. So again to the guests who frequent our parks and to the first timers Welcome.....Disneyland is your land... may it be a inspiration to you and your family. As long as there is Imagination Disneyland will never be completed. I know I am not trying to quote the whole thing so you hard cores out there......RELAX lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent'sMirror View Post
    I wish it was but it really is nice to hear about all the wonderful things CM'S have done for you. I know when I joined I wanted to provide that same level of service and gratitude that had been shown to me over the years as a guest. And a special thanks to all you guests who know that we too are human and we make mistakes but yet that we are genuinely happy to be there and to ensure a magical moment for you and your family. We as CM'S went through a lot when California Adventure was being opened we lost the parking and the usual routine we had to park 45 minutes away and were scheduled in our posts at a certain time and well with L.A traffic it was often at times unrealistic, yet we made it thorough that and you CM'S who were around for that know exactly what Im talking about. So again to the guests who frequent our parks and to the first timers Welcome.....Disneyland is your land... may it be a inspiration to you and your family. As long as there is Imagination Disneyland will never be completed. I know I am not trying to quote the whole thing so you hard cores out there......RELAX lol
    Whatever it is that you do there, keep it up, without CM's, Disneyland would be uhhh.....a Six Flags!
    Yaye!

• DLR Cast Member

You're welcome. I love my job, and interacting with guests is most of the reason I do.

• Cleared for the option

My family and I will be heading to Disneyland this summer. From all the stories I have read on this site I look forward to meeting the CM's at Disneyland.