Does it ever blow your mind?

When you learn something new that you never knew about DLR?

Maybe I am just crazy but today I got Walt Disney: Man behind the myth on DVD and I popped it in. It was so interesting and when it got to the part about IASW they said it was completed in 9 months. That just blows my mind, with the amount of detail and careful work that went into it, they did that in 9 months! It really makes me want to learn more about every ride!

Does anyone else get this excited when they learn new facts?

• Banned User

Re: Does it ever blow your mind?

Oh cool. Completed in 9 months for Disneyland or the worlds fair?

Worlds Fair. Walt pitched the idea 1 year before the fair opened. They said it is the only ride that in the history of Disneyland that was constructed that fast.

• Senior Minion

Yes, it does indeed blow my mind. Goves me a magical feeling everytime no pun intended.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Everything back then was done at super high speed back then. It really is quite amazing. Walt gives the word and then it just happens. There's no wasting time reading emails or waiting for approvals or going through legal... it gets done and if changes are needed, it gets RE-done.

It's just impossible these days with all the hurdles they need to go through.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Parking Lot > DCA

Very funny that this was brought up, I just watched it tonight. Very very good film for anyone who hasn't seen it!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

... Eh, not that impressed. I'm sorry! Now if it were 9 months for something like Haunted Mansion, then I'd be floored.

• I'm not really here

The one that floors me every time is that Disneyland itself was built in LESS than 1 year (barely, but still less than). 9 months for iasw is pretty intense construction. It's not a small attraction and the inner workings are pretty complex too. It must have been nice in those days to not have all the red-tape to go through with legal, construction regulations, building codes, etc. Walt might have gone crazy had he tried to build it today.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I don't like that phrase because I always imagine, err, an idea-person blowing a mind-person.
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    When you learn something new that you never knew about DLR?

Maybe I am just crazy but today I got Walt Disney: Man behind the myth on DVD and I popped it in. It was so interesting and when it got to the part about IASW they said it was completed in 9 months. That just blows my mind, with the amount of detail and careful work that went into it, they did that in 9 months! It really makes me want to learn more about every ride!

Does anyone else get this excited when they learn new facts?
    I get so teary eyed when they get to the part where they say he saw Epcot on the ceiling of his hospital room. I love the orchestrated music on the DVD menu. Sometimes I pop it in just to hear that music. But all his involvement during the wartime efforts were really interesting.