• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

Organ Behind Dumbo Still Working?

I'm not sure how many people know this (knowing it's MiceChat I'm betting alot know) but there is an organ/calliope behind the Dumbo ride. When I went over to it, I could hear small amounts of air leaking meaning it had air in it. Does it still play music every-now-and then?

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• Minion

Re: Organ Behind Dumbo Still Working?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTrains View Post
    I'm not sure how many people know this (knowing it's MiceChat I'm betting alot know) but there is an organ/calliope behind the Dumbo ride. When I went over to it, I could hear small amounts of air leaking meaning it had air in it. Does it still play music every-now-and then?
    Every time I go on Dumbo it is working. Sometimes even the CMs point it out like "If you want a pic with Dumbo, go to the photo location next to our beautiful organ!" or something like that.

• We Want The Redhead

It is not working, nor has it in a few years. The actual mechanical music box has not been repaired, and instead a loop of prerecorded muisc is playing. You actually used to be able to see the mechanics of it in operation as it played, and from time to time a miniature Dumbo would pop out of the center of its works. Look carefully, there is no movement anywhere on the machine. It's simply a decorative piece. I keep hoping it's going to be repaired, but as of a few weeks ago (the last time I checked) it hasn't been yet.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

That sucks! I hope they are looking into fixing it.
    Thanks for your answers guys!

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• is too darn hot.

I made a thread a little while back about the automatic instruments at Disneyland, including the band organ behind Dumbo and the band organ aboard the carrousel (which is just a face now, all the pipes and mechanism were sold off as parts). Evidently they have had offers to restore the Dumbo band organ to working order but have stated that they have zero interest in restoring that lovely instrument. Further, the organ has likely deteriorated past the point where it would be easy to restore. The leather wind chests have probably completely degraded as well as the various solenoids and other controls for the stops and pipes. If you'd like to hear a semifunctional organ, take a look at the Orchestrion in the back of the Penny Arcade. For a quarter it'll play you a somewhat limited selection of ragtime, marches, Disney songs and jazz tunes.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

is that what that is?! omg it makes sooo much sense now, i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Vroom, vroom!

I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    I made a thread a little while back about the automatic instruments at Disneyland, including the band organ behind Dumbo and the band organ aboard the carrousel (which is just a face now, all the pipes and mechanism were sold off as parts). Evidently they have had offers to restore the Dumbo band organ to working order but have stated that they have zero interest in restoring that lovely instrument. Further, the organ has likely deteriorated past the point where it would be easy to restore. The leather wind chests have probably completely degraded as well as the various solenoids and other controls for the stops and pipes. If you'd like to hear a semifunctional organ, take a look at the Orchestrion in the back of the Penny Arcade. For a quarter it'll play you a somewhat limited selection of ragtime, marches, Disney songs and jazz tunes.
    That sucks (a word phrase that's not allowed)!!! It's a shame that they would let an organ like that just rot there and they don't care (I am a very musical person and find this very offending and appalling). I just wish it could be rebuilt and not just be a useless piece of scenery.
    Thanks for all of the information guys.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

It also looked like to me..the colors on the rainbow sticks were fading.

and all this time i thought it was working D:

• Johnny and Me!

I thought it was working as well... until I noticed speakers where the sound holes should be.