where to watch the fireworks before second fantasmic showing

I just got balcony seats (supposedly first in line) for a 10:30 showing of fantasmic. I am thinking that we want to try to watch the 9:30 fireworks somewhere by the adventureland entrance but was hopeing someone of you vets could say here an OK spot that you won't have to wait hrs for that will then put us in a good spot to get to our balcony seats. also, any advice on how to get over to the seats, so we go thru a'land and around to the other side and then back track over to avoid the crowds?

thanks for the help!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Re: where to watch the fireworks before second fantasmic showing

First off, you can't go through Adventureland to get to Fantasmic. It is one-way traffic only, and you have to go through Frontierland. If you have reserved seats, there is no reason why you can't see Remember on Main Street (near Coke Corner) before heading over. Heck, in early August, I would see Remember at that location and still have plenty of time to get over to Fantasmic! for a seat, without a reservation.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Thanks for the traffic flow tip - as for coke corner, given this is my first time "where it all began" can you help a first timer with what you are talking about?

thanks!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

that location is in the middle of main street at the point where the buildings end (the last building on the left on Main Street is the Refreshment Corner, better known as the Coke Corner)
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Just keep swimming...

When i was there last month, we watched the fireworks from the train station (which had a great view and was not crowded!). Once the fireworks were over, we hopped on the train to New Orleans Square and had plenty of time for a bathroom break before heading to our reserved seating for Fantasmic! (we were on the waterfront.) It worked really well even though i was totally paraniod we'd get there late.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Once the fireworks were over, we hopped on the train to New Orleans Square
    Don't they shut down the train during fireworks? My only experience is Wishes at WDW where they stop the train until the fire dept gives the all clear.

I am going on Sat, Nov 12th, with grandparents in their 80s. What is the best way to get from Remember (9:25) to Fantasmic (10:30), all while minimizing walking and crowds. I do not have reserved seating

I was thinking we could watch Remember from the Hub, then go through the castle, Fantasyland, and Big Thunder Trail to Fantasmic. Longer route but less crowds? Is this even possible?

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

• Just keep swimming...

I'm not sure if they stop the train during the fireworks. They probably do, i don't remeber any of them passing by during the show. One did come around shortly after the show was over... we waited less than ten minutes. even with a bathroom break we were down at the waterfront 25 minutes before Fantasmic started.

RZS, if i were in your situation i would stay away from the hub if at all possible. I walked past it about 8:45 on my way to the train station and it was INSANE. There were a ton of people and the CM's were starting to make everyone stand up... this was almost 45 minutes prior to the show. i did not want my grandparents (both 70 years old) to have to deal with that, so that's why we ended up at the train station.
    There was not much of a crowd and the veiwing is great because you are above all the people on main street. And there is almost an hour between the end of the fireworks and the start of Fantasmic so even if you have to wait longer for the train than i did you should still make it, and that way you minimize walking (through fantasyland/big thunder trail is a loong way.)
    but wherever you end up i think you will LOVE the fireworks, they are amazing!!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

So....depending on what your priorities are:

1. Stake out a seat right in front of the castle...at least 2 hours in advance. This gives you the best view of projections on the castle, flames, tinkerbell, etc.

2. If you don't have access to people who will stake out your seats, Coke Corner is actually pretty nice, as long as you don't mind a couple trees in front of the castle. You won't see the projections as much, but we could see Tinkerbell and most of the fireworks. You also get a wider panorama of the park when lasers and those bright rockets shoot up from all over the park.
    (Shoot....hope i'm not giving anything away...) We have come back from rides 3 times now at 9:15 or so and have found a great location each time right next to the pin trading carts just outside of Adventureland. Fireworks generally start at 9:25.

3. If your MAIN goal is to get good seats for Fantasmic but still wish to view the fireworks, (which mine has been on at least two occasions - already have seen the fireworks but have kids who haven't seen Fantasmic), the view from the Main Street Train Station is actually quite good. The sound track wasn't as clear, and you obviously lose the castle projections, etc, but the view of the fireworks is actually o.k. If you're REAL lucky, you can squeek into the corner right before you enter the station house and get a clear view right down the center of Main Street. You can see Tinkerbell, but she's very very small from here.
    The HUGE advantage here is jumping on the next available train to Frontierland while the crush of humanity is either exiting the park or trying to smash themselves into Frontierland from the Hub. We took the next available train to Frontierland and have gotten front row seats both times for the 10:30 viewing of Fantasmic...and that was during the crowded Summer season.

Also...much of the train station is taken up with people with priority seating for the fireworks, much the same way that Fantasmic viewing also has a reserved section. I also think the trains shut down during the fireworks...but I'm not completely sure.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the advice. Our first priority is good fireworks viewing, but now I'm wondering if fighting the crowds at the hub is worth it...

I have seen Remember on my own, back in May. I stood in the hub and it was amazing to have all the effects and sound surround us. But now, with the family including grandparents, we are not as mobile. How much of that immersive feeling is lost being up on the train station, or Coke Corner/Adventureland area?

Thanks.

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Nerina
    I'm not sure if they stop the train during the fireworks. They probably do, i don't remeber any of them passing by during the show. One did come around shortly after the show was over... we waited less than ten minutes. even with a bathroom break we were down at the waterfront 25 minutes before Fantasmic started.

RZS, if i were in your situation i would stay away from the hub if at all possible. I walked past it about 8:45 on my way to the train station and it was INSANE. There were a ton of people and the CM's were starting to make everyone stand up... this was almost 45 minutes prior to the show. i did not want my grandparents (both 70 years old) to have to deal with that, so that's why we ended up at the train station.
    There was not much of a crowd and the veiwing is great because you are above all the people on main street. And there is almost an hour between the end of the fireworks and the start of Fantasmic so even if you have to wait longer for the train than i did you should still make it, and that way you minimize walking (through fantasyland/big thunder trail is a loong way.)
    but wherever you end up i think you will LOVE the fireworks, they are amazing!!
    The railroad will run only when the pyro is in a Phase One with low wind conditions. If a Phase Two is called, the trains will stop running until the all-clear is given after the fireworks, usually about ten minutes after.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RZS
    But now, with the family including grandparents, we are not as mobile. How much of that immersive feeling is lost being up on the train station, or Coke Corner/Adventureland area?Thanks.
    The three times I have tried Coke Corner for the fireworks, it wasn't that crowded. In fact, up by the pin trading cart, we could walk around a bit during the fireworks to get better views of the castle, Matterhorn, etc. If you get there early enough, there are tables right up against the rail that offer a decent view. In either case, we didn't feel the crush of humanity that is out there in the middle of the hub. Also...you get to listen to .....is it Billy somebody? Can't remember the name of the piano guy that's been there for a hundred years...or at least what...fifty? Great entertainment while waiting for the fireworks to start!