Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Someone needs to notify Matt Ouimet about that. He'll have that cabin burning again in no time.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

from what I understand, the burning cabin requires that a natural gas line under the river be repaired/replaced. it should have been done 2 years ago when the river went down for a refurb. But the very cheap and half-way management style of Cynthia Harris (as taught by Paul Pressler) caused this piece of the river refurb to be cut. So, unless matt drains the ROA, looks like the cabin will continue to not burn. seems that if allowed to try, WDI could come up with another way to achieve this effect.

In any respect, it would be nice to have this cabin burning again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Dinosaurs are just like the subs, people mover, and sky buckets. Outdated, but always a pleasure to ride.
    When I was a kid (a loooong time ago) I thought that the dinosaurs were super cool!

Today, I must admit, they seem very dated. I really don't expect that they will ever be updated. If anything, I think that eventually they will go away.

• Minion

I love the dinosaurs, but it really desperately needs an update. Anyone see those new Japanese Audioanimatronic independent dinosaurs? Having a freeform walking dinosaur would really be awesome. I think they were from Honda, and isn't Honda one of the new major supporters at the park? It would really be something to see one of these walking monsters moving through the scene.

As to the dino fix… Universal Studios still has the excellent JP water ride here and in Orlando to complete your fix.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    from what I understand, the burning cabin requires that a natural gas line under the river be repaired/replaced. it should have been done 2 years ago when the river went down for a refurb. But the very cheap and half-way management style of Cynthia Harris (as taught by Paul Pressler) caused this piece of the river refurb to be cut. So, unless matt drains the ROA, looks like the cabin will continue to not burn. seems that if allowed to try, WDI could come up with another way to achieve this effect.

In any respect, it would be nice to have this cabin burning again in the future.
    I'll bet Whatever could come up with some way of restoring the burning cabin ...
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    With "Kingdom of the Dinosaurs" closed for good at Knotts...Primeval World is all I have lefffftttttttttttt!
    They closed that? I loved riding Kingdom of the Dinosaurs to dry off after riding Bigfoot Rapids.

And I think it would be cool to add some simple new effects in Primevil World just to spice it up.. nothing huge, but maybe just like erupting geysers or something like that.

• Hooterville, USA

The dinos are good, but the other part is in need of an update. How about replacing the stuffed animals with ones that move.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    The dinos are good, but the other part is in need of an update. How about replacing the stuffed animals with ones that move.
    I love the roll of crinkled aluminum foil with the red light on it that looks like 'lava'...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySavor
    I love the dinosaurs, but it really desperately needs an update. Anyone see those new Japanese Audioanimatronic independent dinosaurs? Having a freeform walking dinosaur would really be awesome. I think they were from Honda, and isn't Honda one of the new major supporters at the park? It would really be something to see one of these walking monsters moving through the scene.
    Honda's walking dinosaurs would be an incredible addition! Even if they just borrowed them for a few months, that alone would be enough to get more people in the park (and riding DLRR). They really ought to consider at least a short term display!

• Sock Puppet

I hope that they just do a few touch ups to it, like repaint the animals (the same color) and make the music more dramatic (but leave it similar to the way it is now.

• Doing it with a flair

I loved the burning cabin when I was young. Fire is very exciting for a five year old.
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• Friend of Mickeys

"jmuboy ...from what I understand, the burning cabin requires that a natural gas line under the river be repaired/replaced. it should have been done 2 years ago when the river went down for a refurb. But the very cheap and half-way management style of Cynthia Harris (as taught by Paul Pressler) caused this piece of the river refurb to be cut. So, unless matt drains the ROA, looks like the cabin will continue to not burn. seems that if allowed to try, WDI could come up with another way to achieve this effect.

In any respect, it would be nice to have this cabin burning again in the future."

When the river was drained, wasn't there a part of the water in the front that held back by walls of some kind after the river was filled? (I may be wrong about that) But if they could do that then, why couldn't they do it again and fix the gas line to the burning cabin?

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy

When the river was drained, wasn't there a part of the water in the front that held back by walls of some kind after the river was filled? (I may be wrong about that) But if they could do that then, why couldn't they do it again and fix the gas line to the burning cabin?
    I have an original bluprint of Disneyland, and it does't show anything in the Rivers of America that resemble walls that can be used for draining only a portion of the river.

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48
    Speaking of the Primeval World, one of my biggest pet peeves about guests is when they point out "Sarah" and "Sharp Tooth" to their children in the diorama. Not only is Land Before Time not a Disney movie, the diorama also was built about thirty years before its release! Bothers me every time... :-)
    I never heard that!!! I think that's worse than the kids my age saying that PotC is "nothing like the movie"!! Orlando Bloom wasn't even alive then!!!!!!

I actually used to have dreams about the burning cabin & for a long time I couldn't remember where it was from. Then we went on the DLRR and I remembered-such a relief!
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy
    "jmuboy ...from what I understand, the burning cabin requires that a natural gas line under the river be repaired/replaced. it should have been done 2 years ago when the river went down for a refurb. But the very cheap and half-way management style of Cynthia Harris (as taught by Paul Pressler) caused this piece of the river refurb to be cut. So, unless matt drains the ROA, looks like the cabin will continue to not burn. seems that if allowed to try, WDI could come up with another way to achieve this effect.

In any respect, it would be nice to have this cabin burning again in the future."

It's called a cofferdam. It is a common technique for building bridges over water. Rectalinear sheets of metal, wood, or similar material (sheetpiles) are driven vertically into the bottom of the lake/river/bay, with the top edge extending above the water line. Once a chamber is created, the water is pumped out, a "dry" work area is now available to build a bridge pier, or lay a gas line.

As shallow as the ROA is, it would be extremely easy to do. Of course, traffic on the river would come to a halt while they do this ...
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123