Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

DLRR - Primeval World

Just curious to anyones thoughts as to what if anything they could be doing to this area of the DLRR while its in refurb. I've always liked this part of the train ride, yet the mural is in need of some paint and I think with the newer technology some better effects could be done. Perhaps upgrade the AA.

Anythoughts or ideas?

• It's all nonsense

I think it'd be great to update it. Although I'll bet that alot of people would say to scrap that whole diorama building for a new ride.

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

I don't think that would likely be possible since majority of the show building is backstage behind the old locker rooms/showers and the old costume department. The trussels from harbor is the blank spot in the show before it gets to the primeval world. I haven't been to DL in a while so I can't recall as to the order of the Grand Canyon a long time ago then the blank spot then the dinosaurs.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• Sock Puppet

I think the primeval world is fantastic! The dinosaur eating the leaves was not working very well the last time I was there, so a thurough refurb is in good order. As far as putting a ride in that building though, I don't even think that would be possible considering it's size and current usage.

• Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    I think it'd be great to update it. Although I'll bet that alot of people would say to scrap that whole diorama building for a new ride.
    ...and re-use the dinosaur theming for a Countdown to Extinction ride. Fit nicely into TL with the time machine aspect.

• Banned User

Well, it's very "historical". Our thoughts on how Dinos looked and lived has changed substantially in the last 30-40 years... The diorama shows just how much.

Hopefully they're dusting off the dead animals in the Grand Canyon Diorama.

• My Children's Father

I think they should put a loop in ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

from what I've heard it's mostly just fresh paint and a good dustoff and fixup

but alot of these upgrades are not okayed until the last minute to prevent leaks (or so I hear)

• Minion

Just curious how many in here know that the prehistoric world is just a small portion of the NY World's Fair exhibit Disney created for the Ford Motor Company Pavillion. It was much like SW except one rode through the exhibit in Ford convertibles. When Knotts did their Kingdom of the Dinosaurs attraction it reminded me a lot of the feeling the original Disney version gave. There was also a whole section of early man with groupings of humanoids in various tableaus. I believe all those cavemen were given a makeover and recast as the pirates in POTC.

• Disney fans for life!

I recall that some time ago DL put out notice that they were going to dismantle the exhibit. Then Jurassic Park hit the theatre's and a renewed interest in Dino's appeared, so they decided to leave it in place after all. I am glad that they did.

BTW- I was flying on Delta airlines once and they were playing that theme music from the Dino exhibit. Don't know the name of it, but it sounds like a funky old time western song. Anyway, when I realized what I was listening to, I just had to tell somebody. I think the guy that was sitting next to me requested to change seats after my comment about the DL music!!!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    I recall that some time ago DL put out notice that they were going to dismantle the exhibit. Then Jurassic Park hit the theatre's and a renewed interest in Dino's appeared, so they decided to leave it in place after all. I am glad that they did.

BTW- I was flying on Delta airlines once and they were playing that theme music from the Dino exhibit. Don't know the name of it, but it sounds like a funky old time western song. Anyway, when I realized what I was listening to, I just had to tell somebody. I think the guy that was sitting next to me requested to change seats after my comment about the DL music!!!
    The funky old western song is in the Grand Canyon portion ... it's probably from some symphony ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

I believe it is "On the Trail" from Ferde Grofé's "Grand Canyon Suite"

• Hooterville, USA

Dinosaurs are just like the subs, people mover, and sky buckets. Outdated, but always a pleasure to ride.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Dinosaurs are just like the subs, people mover, and sky buckets. Outdated, but always a pleasure to ride.
    With the significat difference that they are MUCH cheaper to maintain since they are an "add-on" to the train rather than being a separate ride system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast