Paradise Pier Question..

I was curious to know if they have any plans on painting the trains for California screamin?..

but my main question is i remember The water there looking more like a ocean... now its dull and flat has there been any news on the wave machine coming back?? i sure hope so. cause when u look down u see all the piping and spray paint and trash on the floor

Re: Paradise Pier Question..

I hope it looks better once they are finished with WoC. I'm not sure if they will still be able to use the wave machine, but if I recall the wave machine is next to the CS launch area so hopefully that is off to the side enough there is a risk of it damaging the WoC equipment. Originally there was supposed to be a wave that would look like it was going to hit you, but your coaster would launch away just in time. I'm not sure they ever really got that to work properly.

Does anyone know how much smaller the lagoon is now? I'm not sure if it is just in my head or what, but it looks so much smaller with PP now.

Re: Paradise Pier Question..

The wave machine will be back online eventually. There is just too much going on in the bay for them to run it currently. The water will be dyed to hide all the underwater equipment when the WoC platform work is done.

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    Originally there was supposed to be a wave that would look like it was going to hit you, but your coaster would launch away just in time. I'm not sure they ever really got that to work properly.
    I'm not sure how they could have done this. The wave machine has set routines programmed into it and it just runs that routine. CS trains are launched on a schedule that is based on how many trains are running on the track. That timing can also be disrupted based on when the ride ops dispatch the train from the station. Programming with all these variables would have been next to impossible.

Does anyone know how much smaller the lagoon is now? I'm not sure if it is just in my head or what, but it looks so much smaller with PP now.
    It may look be a bit smaller because Paradise Parks boardwalk overhangs the water now. But the actual size change has to be neligible.