Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Jack of All Trades

Re: "World of Color" OFFICIALLY Debuts June 11, 2010 (merged threads)

<-----hoping for a CM preview!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

... I only say that to try and fit in. I secretly made the show.

• Banned User

This Just In:

OC Register:
    Disney park annual passholders and employees will get a chance to see dress rehearsals before the official opening, but no dates have been announced, said John McClintock, a Disneyland Resort spokesman.
    Full Article Here:
    Disney announces date for big water show debut - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

Is Showpass really going to solve any crowd problems? I know I would pick one up and head back to Disneyland instead of hanging around in DCA until that evening.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

Smile Re: "World of Color" OFFICIALLY Debuts June 11, 2010 (merged threads)

1st: Excited for the opening (: i will forsure be there along with the other tens of thousands attending opening night!

2nd: What happened to the original story line of the show? I know things change after 8 months but, from what I've seen so far on the internet, it doesn't match the original story board. Don't get me wrong, I love what they have done (especially the Pirates Segment and Davy Jones part!!!). I just hope they included Alice, Dr. Facilier, Tears segment and everything else.

3rd: Does anyone think they will have soft openings on Memorial Weekend?

• Banned User

In regards to the concerns about certain advertised elements not making it to the test cut I would hold out until late May until making a final judgement about that. I for one have been studying the uncut preview video first posted in April 6th on another fansite. While there are some areas that undoubtebly are permanent and no longer will be changed, there are a number of parts where the sountrack breaks for a good 3-5 seconds and the jets & lighting shut down between show segments. This is a good sign that elements not yet seen in the leaked test run footage will progressively be added in using this system of breaks, kinda like how people make mp3 auto-playlists on their computers. The great thing about WoC's visual elements are all 100% programmable so it wouldn't be a monumental task to tweak the lighting and spray-jet program to run new segments. If Disney is smart then they are using blocks of programming to test WoC so that at a moment's notice they can load in or retract show segments on demand.

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    In regards to the concerns about certain advertised elements not making it to the test cut I would hold out until late May until making a final judgement about that. I for one have been studying the uncut preview video first posted in April 6th on another fansite. While there are some areas that undoubtebly are permanent and no longer will be changed, there are a number of parts where the sountrack breaks for a good 3-5 seconds and the jets & lighting shut down between show segments. This is a good sign that elements not yet seen in the leaked test run footage will progressively be added in using this system of breaks, kinda like how people make mp3 auto-playlists on their computers. The great thing about WoC's visual elements are all 100% programmable so it wouldn't be a monumental task to tweak the lighting and spray-jet program to run new segments. If Disney is smart then they are using blocks of programming to test WoC so that at a moment's notice they can load in or retract show segments on demand.
    On that note I would think it would be AWESOME if they could make each show a little different. Of course have the "main scenes" in the show. But kinda be like Indy and have different stuff happen so that the show is never (or at least almost never) the same show.

I think Showpass is a good idea since it'll prevent people from getting there in the morning and camping out all day as currently occurs with Fantasmic.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I think Showpass is a good idea since it'll prevent people from getting there in the morning and camping out all day as currently occurs with Fantasmic.
    Just because you have a showpass it doesn't prevent you from winding up at the back of your section standing behind Shaq, Yao Ming, and Manute Bol (sorry, it's playoffs season). I am sure that there will be those who will camp out early just for the principal concern of being up front with an unobstructed view.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    And Disney wants you to come early and stay late. That's the whole point of building this in a theme park and not as a stand alone attraction.

Having you come over after work and check out the show would be a complete waste of Disney's investment. They want you to come and STAY - not come over for happy hour and leave.

Disney is not trying to cater to drop bys... they are trying to influence you to come and vacation at the resort.
    this sums it up

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Just because you have a showpass it doesn't prevent you from winding up at the back of your section standing behind Shaq, Yao Ming, and Manute Bol (sorry, it's playoffs season). I am sure that there will be those who will camp out early just for the principal concern of being up front with an unobstructed view.
    They can camp out all they want and they'll be ushered out of the area for the Showpass people.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    They can camp out all they want and they'll be ushered out of the area for the Showpass people.
    I'm saying that the showpass people are going to camp out. Showpass doesn't guarantee that the holder gets a front row seat for any section, it just means that you get to watch from the park.

Re: "World of Color" OFFICIALLY Debuts June 11, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Not meaning to put salt or lemon juice on the wound, but June 11th is still technically Spring. Sorry.
    Well, I've just gotta remember that I'm in Utah, and in Utah most people consider summer to be June-August cuz that's when it's actually nice and summer-like outside...I guess I just have to think like a Californian and include June in my spring-time.

So Showpass is confirmed? June 11 YES!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy that WoC debuts on June 11th. My last day of classes before finals is that day and that means I will be watching it on Youtube that weekend!
    Teen Disneygeek and Fantasmic Fan waiting to go to DL and WDW

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast