Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Seasick

What does it take for you want to go back to Disneyland?

Not really a question for locals with a pass who can go whenever they please, but for those people like me, who have to fly or drive, and pay for lodging etc: what does it take for you to be willing to put in the time and expense to go to Disneyland?

For you local folks who have made, or want to make, the trek to DisneyWorld, the question certainly applies.

Is it time? Do you get the itch every year, every two years, every three years?

Is it a new show? Would a new musical like Aladdin or Finding Nemo be enough of an incentive to take a trip? Would World of Colour be enough?

Is it a new attraction? Would you feel the urge to go just for a minor addition like Monsters Inc, or does it take a full blown E-ticket like Indy, Tower of Terror, or Expedition Everest to get your business?

For me personally, I've been going to one of the two resorts annually since 2006, although that streak could come to an end this year.

I don't need a specific addition to get that desire, but when I think of some of my trips, it was an E-ticket attraction that really made me go from "gee, I'd like to go to Disneyland again" to "Man, I really really want to go, especially since they opened _________".

In 1996 it was to ride Indy, in 2002 it was Pooh's Hunny Hunt, and in 2006 it was Everest.

Would I go again this year? Absolutely, but there's nothing new in WDW calling to me. World of Colour looks amazing, but it's not an attraction. I can safely say that I'll be chomping at the bit to see Carsland in 2012.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MC State Comptroller

Re: What does it take for you want to go back to Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    What does it take for you want to go back to Disneyland?

Reading this site . . .every day . . . at least 4-5 times a day.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Friends.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

it being Disneyland gets me back there.
    Also love the holidays.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• waitin' to board

Smile Re: What does it take for you want to go back to Disneyland?

...nothing but the memories of the last trip which motivates me to return as soon as possible.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
    Reading this site . . .every day . . . at least 4-5 times a day.
    Yeah, reading about Disneyland in the weekly Miceage updates as well as any number of discussion board topics, keeps the idea of going back front and center in my mind as well.

If the internet wasn't reminding me on a daily basis, what I'm missing, I wonder if I'd have such a strong desire to go back so often.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Yeah, reading about Disneyland in the weekly Miceage updates as well as any number of discussion board topics, keeps the idea of going back front and center in my mind as well.

If the internet wasn't reminding me on a daily basis, what I'm missing, I wonder if I'd have such a strong desire to go back so often.
    I always had thoughts about going to the park
    even before internet sites such as this.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Snap!

I need no excuse to go to DL

However I am seriously due for an Orlando trip. I want a full blown vacation, a week at WDW, the other week visiting the other theme parks and tourist stuff. I have not been since before Expedition Everest, actually it was 1991 to be exact. I was young, but I still remember. Oh man, this makes me excited I am def gonna stay in the Grand Floridian unless someone convinces me otherwise.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

In my case the only thing stopping me from coming to Disneyland is money. I would plan a few trips each year, if I had more money.

I love Disneyland for many reasons. I love the compactness of the Disneyland Resort. Everything is right there. A short walk gets you everything that you could possibly want.

Even though it doesn't have the multitude of different hotels, like Disney World, I like the hotels that I have stayed at, and the fact that I can take a leisurely walk to the park in the morning, and arrive at opening is a definite plus.

Disneyland doesn't need to be promoted here. It speaks for itself. It has charm, and history, and great rides, and great people. I love California itself. I am in love with the palm trees especially.

So as soon as my piggy bank is full again, I'll be back.

• Banned User

It takes the drop of a hat.

Seriously, all it takes is money. I live 3000 miles away...

• wanderlust

Being out of the country. I always got the urge to go when I lived an hour and a half away, even when I lived 5 minutes away I would get the urge, but I knew it was always there. Being oceans apart, seeing WoC teasers, trip reports, going to auditions, has made me DESPERATE for some dole whip, fireworks, and magic. I can't wait to go again! Plus my friend lost a bet to me and has to take me when i come home, all expenses paid muahahaha
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

Being a passport holder, not much. However, I have never been to WDW. I'd like to visit some day just to check it out sort of speak. However, I have not heard anything amazing that would justify the cost and time to explore the whole place.

• Banned User

Something new, or it would depend on how good my last visit was.

For example, My family went to Orlando last summer. We went to Universal for a day, and Disney for over a week. Disney World was ok, nothing compared to Disneyland. There was some poor upkeep on the rides.

USF was a surprise. Much better than I could ever expect.

We are planning a new Orlando trip this June.

In orlando, 2 new major things will be open: Rip Ride Rocket (not open last time) and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

We are going to USF for 3 days now.

And we will not be going to Disney World.

To want to go to Disneyland it takes absolutely nothing. The thought of going and enjoying great times with family is on my mind daily as I plan and anticipate the next trip. Money is the only thing that would hinder those plans but I do my best to make it possible at least once or twice a year.....daydreaming....of my next trip (September)
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Disneyland being Disneyland is enough to motivate me to go. That and me being almost 2,000 miles away...
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast