• Rocket Ride will Blast off

2 6.90%
  • Rocket Ride will remain Grounded

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dave

Blog Entries

Is the Idea of a New People Mover Dead

Just a thought, and I would love to be wrong, but as time goes by I become more concerned that we will never see some type of PeopleMover, and for that mater having the Rockets return to the Top of the PeopleMover.
    So what do we know out there in Miceageland! Will these beloved rides come back or are they gone for good?

Dave

• We Want The Redhead

Re: Is the Idea of a New People Mover Dead

I wrote here last month that I spoke with Tony Baxter about this at the D23 party. He told me that while he is committed to a People Mover, it won't be built on the exisiting track as building codes have been changed since the original 1967 track was built. He told me that evacuation from the track has to be possible at any point of the track in case of emergency, and that as it stands this is not possible.
    He also told me that there are long term plans to rebuild all of Tomorrowland and that rather than install attractions one piece at a time, it should be rebuilt as part of the total overhall of the area.
    So, no new People Mover now, but the pklan is for there to be one some time in the future.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Just a thought, and I would love to be wrong, but as time goes by I become more concerned that we will never see some type of PeopleMover, and for that mater having the Rockets return to the Top of the PeopleMover.
    So what do we know out there in Miceageland! Will these beloved rides come back or are they gone for good?
    If the PM makes a return, it will be in the rumored future overhaul of Tomorrowland. I doubt they'd do anything with the track until they get that project off the ground. Same with the rockets.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

thanks for the info, ttrocc!

With the peoplemover integrated with so many other attractions throughout all of TL, it makes sense to do it as part of an entire overhaul.

Did you ask or did Tony mention anything about getting rid of the "Lion King" entrance rocks, or placing an attraction back at the old Rocket Jet location?

And obviously, plans for the the Carrousel of Progress building would be a major part of that project, as well as the long term plans for the HISTA/EO Theater.

Did Tony mention any timeframe? if not, they are probably still working on various ideas.

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

a Tomorrowland complete refurb seems like an idea FAR FAR AWAY. Especially since the Star Tours update/upgrade has greenlighted and the water-sphere thing was just upgraded and BLAB isnt that old. I mean, a few things SHOULD be changed, Innoventions for sure and some theming here and there. Tomorrowland was supposed to be about 'tomorrow', our future, and its currently more retro 70s space themed.
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TypeSJess View Post
    a Tomorrowland complete refurb seems like an idea FAR FAR AWAY. Especially since the Star Tours update/upgrade has greenlighted and the water-sphere thing was just upgraded and BLAB isnt that old. I mean, a few things SHOULD be changed, Innoventions for sure and some theming here and there. Tomorrowland was supposed to be about 'tomorrow', our future, and its currently more retro 70s space themed.
    I think that maybe two, three years after Star Tours 2 debuts, we could see a possibility of TL going down for the refurb. Also note: two to three years is also given time for a Tron Legacy sequel, which means more outlets for that rumored E-ticket.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

I don't really understand the poll here...

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Since Star Tours and Buzz are near the entrance, I can see those 2 staying open during the Tomorrowland remake. Space Mountain however, which I think is perfect as at this moment, I'm not sure how that'll work out. And god PLEASE, keep the pizza port! I just think it would be silly to be walking around Tomorrowland and be surrounded by construction walls wherever you go. They definitely should do it one ride at a time, when honestly the only thing I see needs any rebuilding is Innoventions and People Mover. And an easily installed new 3D movie. Oh and new cars for Autopia but that's like what, a week of downtime to put new cars on the track?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I have a feeling that any major Tomorrowland redo won't come until after DCA has gone through its first two phases of renovation.

• Hooterville, USA

Close TL all at one time?

Where will all the people go?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Close TL all at one time?

Where will all the people go?
    I don't think I would even go until it reopened :-/

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Since Star Tours and Buzz are near the entrance, I can see those 2 staying open during the Tomorrowland remake. Space Mountain however, which I think is perfect as at this moment, I'm not sure how that'll work out. And god PLEASE, keep the pizza port! I just think it would be silly to be walking around Tomorrowland and be surrounded by construction walls wherever you go. They definitely should do it one ride at a time, when honestly the only thing I see needs any rebuilding is Innoventions and People Mover. And an easily installed new 3D movie. Oh and new cars for Autopia but that's like what, a week of downtime to put new cars on the track?
    kind of off topic but wouldnt a "better car" be light cycles from Tron? of course they would have to be a little faster than the smelly lawnmower engine cars they have currently.
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

• Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    I don't really understand the poll here...
    Just asking is the people mover and the rockets placed on top of the people mover are to return
    Dave

Your mixing two questions and only allowing one answer. :/

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    thanks for the info, ttrocc!

Did you ask or did Tony mention anything about getting rid of the "Lion King" entrance rocks, or placing an attraction back at the old Rocket Jet location?

And obviously, plans for the the Carrousel of Progress building would be a major part of that project, as well as the long term plans for the HISTA/EO Theater.

Did Tony mention any timeframe? if not, they are probably still working on various ideas.
    No specifics were discussed. I was only one of a couple of hundred people waiting in line to speak with the guy, and time was limited. I could tell that he was acutely aware of the need to completely redo the area from the ground up and seemed to imply that the ideas were in place, and only the funding itself needed to be taken care of.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast