Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Snap!

Pics and Video From Today at DLR

I will let the images do most of the talking this time. Not much to say, although there are some decent comments below. Enjoy!

Opening:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEzW3G3GVDw"]YouTube - Disneyland Opening aka The Rope Drop -- 8am April 23rd[/ame]

Somewhat of a busy day today, but not at 7:50am lol

I got a lot of pics of flowers and trees so be prepared.

Crowds were really rolling in by 9am:

I decided that Mr. Toads Wild Ride is still my favorite dark ride even above Alice. The funny thing is that I have never seen a Mr. Toad cartoon or know anything about it's history, it's just such a cool ride! (I still have not ridden pooh, that ride is supposed to be a trip and a half)

Right above the Pinocchio exit:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7snDXyhw24"]New Matterhorn Bobsleds 2010 testing[/ame]

-- More bobsled pics in the "new bobsled" thread

Not sure what was going on here, but they were being supervised:

Can anyone fill me in on what is going on?

Ok, this was actually cool.
    I am a big fan of "The Next Food Network Star" and have watched all the seasons. From Jeff's season, he was my top pick, and I voted for him every chance I got. The woman that beat him flopped and her show failed, and here he is, the runner up, and still doing big "celeb" appearances.
    His performance was superb, very professional, entertaining, and very informative. He really should have won his show, he would be as big as Guy by now. Speaking of Guy, I got to see him last week, and honestly, Jeff was much much better. Guy is awesome, but he was just doing his signature flashy stuff. Jeff was actually engaging and informative but still managed to entertain the crowd.

Long story short, he was doing like questions and answers. I was not in the crowd that was sitting but I had to say something. I waited till he was done talking so I wouldnt interrupt and he was looking for someone with a question, nobody had one, and it was kind of an awkward silence for like 3 seconds, and I shouted "Hey Jeffrey!" he looks at me and awaits further words and all I say was "I voted for you brother, you should have won! Your show would have been a hit!" and the WHOLE CROWD started cheering and clapping! It was really cool. He was totally appreciative and said "Thanks man, it means a lot, but this is not the last you will see of me!"
    I thought it was really cool, he was so so so so appreciative and I really want him to succeed because he is an excellent chef, and an excellent personality, he literally made me laugh out loud like 3 times in the 15 minutes I was standing there, and not a fake polite laugh for the person on stage, I was literally LOL.

I really tried to not eat anything bad all day (Turkey leg my fav, churros, soda, etc) because I am really trying to make DLR a work out regimen for myself. However that does not work when you are getting free beer from the beer garden because "someone" is really cool and fills the taster glass full and "forgets" to stamp the passport if you are cool and talk to him/her about hops.

Back on topic... I tried to not eat anything bad but... when I walked by, it was hot out, and it just sounded good:

I rode screamin like 6 times today (pics were all horrible), and for some reason it just wore me out! I left around 5pm.

Another day MiceChatters, another day.

• Nerd

Re: Pics and Video From Today at DLR

Great Video. I've never been there for that and always say I'm going to go. Love that opening ceremony moment.

Thanks for taking the time to post. great pictures.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Avid Photographer!

Nice pictures! I don't know why I never thought about taking pictures of the foliage around DLR when I went down in January.

FYI - I don't know what kind of camera you have but Screamin' pics should be locked at a fast shutter speed. I'm pretty sure I left it in manual focus as well, but I don't remember - that isn't kept in EXIF data. Example: (click on it for the flickr page & a much bigger picture)

1/2000 Second @ f/3.5 & ISO 400

• Snap!

Quote Originally Posted by MistrWebmastr View Post
    Nice pictures! I don't know why I never thought about taking pictures of the foliage around DLR when I went down in January.

FYI - I don't know what kind of camera you have but Screamin' pics should be locked at a fast shutter speed. I'm pretty sure I left it in manual focus as well, but I don't remember - that isn't kept in EXIF data. Example: (click on it for the flickr page & a much bigger picture)

1/2000 Second @ f/3.5 & ISO 400
    Haha, I just have a point and shoot camera

• Goofy

were the parks busy?

• Snap!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    were the parks busy?

Yea, kinda. I have seen worse, but it was def what I would consider busy.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great shot from Screamin'! Great shots overall!

You're making me hungry for a Dole Whip BTW
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by senseiz View Post
    Not sure what was going on here, but they were being supervised:

Can anyone fill me in on what is going on?
    It's the Y.E.S Group. The Youth Education S(omething, forgot what the "S" stood for.), LOL!!! DLR is not onlt fun, but it's EDUCATIONAL!!!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Street Rat

Thanks for great pictures! I miss home Used to be a Disneyland person now a Disney World person. Disneyland is lookin very nice and well maintained... jealous

Nice photos! Thanks for the trip report. This the first time I've seen some padding on the bobsled seats.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Went today as well but got there at 10 PM (very late night trip after seeing Pirates Dinner Adventure) and decided to renew my pass while I was in the area. When I walked by Matterhorn at 11:30, they were using the original sleds! I was like "whaaaaaa?" lol but good to know they were in use earlier in the day.

• waitin' to board

Some really nice photos......Thanks for posting them.

• wanderlust

I LOVE the first shot where the park is empty, the lighting is perfect, it gave me a wave of excitement like I was actually there haha
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• Membre

Some truly wonderful photos. I need to visit some day!

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    It's the Y.E.S Group. The Youth Education S(omething, forgot what the "S" stood for.), LOL!!! DLR is not onlt fun, but it's EDUCATIONAL!!!
    Could it be this?
    The Downey Patriot - Students learn at Disneyland
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast