View Poll Results: Which is the absolute best scene within The Haunted Mansion Holiday?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Twas the Night Before Christmas" The Elevator Gallery (within the queue)

6 30.00%
  • A doomed holiday?, The Hallway Gallery (within the queue)

0 0%
  • The many characters of NBC Christmas Card (boarding the doombuggies)

3 15.00%
  • Cooridor of Doors, "Kidnap the Santy Claws"

4 20.00%
  • Madame Leota's 13 Days of Christmas

1 5.00%
  • A Christmas Celebration in The Ballroom

10 50.00%
  • The Attic's Naughty or Nice List, Toys Come to Life

2 10.00%
  • Jack's Graveyard of Christmas

14 70.00%
  • Oogie Boogie's Roulette

2 10.00%
  • The Exit (Sally's Farewell)

2 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

The DLR Best Scene Tournament - Part 6: The Haunted Mansion Holiday

{Some conditions of the tournament have changed, which are in the second paragraph}

The DLR Best Scene Tournament is to find out which attraction within all of DLR has the absolute best scene. How it'll work is there will be a list of all or most of the scenes within the given attraction which one could vote for. After 2 days, the poll will close and a winner will be announced and the winning scene will compete with the other winning scenes for a finale battle for DLR'S ABSOLUTE BEST SCENE. To be fair, you must vote for the scene's present state and not judge it on it's previous merits. Not all rides will be put into the tournament, as the process would take too long. Only the rides with the most theatrical presentation will be included; motion simulators, 3D attractions, interactive/control rides, shows, parades & walkthrough attractions will be exempt.

The following rides will be incorporated: Indiana Jones Adventure, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror, all Fantasyland dark rides including Winnie the Pooh & Monsters Inc. (which will compete in one single thread). Rollercoasters NOW will be included as long as they're indoor sets within the ride, so therefore portions of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Matterhorn Bobsleds and Space Mountain will have a single "Best Scene within a Rollercoaster" thread where only one scene can come out victorious and advance on to the final showdown between all of the scenes.

This next ride is a seasonal attraction that has only been around for less than a decade but has still captured the hearts of many Disneyland fans. The Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay is a clash of many sorts where Halloween and Christmas collide with the Haunted Mansion and the Nightmare Before Christmas. Some fans have found this version of the ride to outdue the original ride by being more animated, colorful and helming some of their favorite characters from Disney's cult classic film.

"Twas the Night Before Christmas" The Elevator Gallery (within the queue)
    A doomed holiday?, The Hallway Gallery (within the queue)
    The many characters of NBC Christmas Card (boarding the doombuggies)
    Cooridor of Doors, "Kidnap the Santy Claws"
    Madame Leota's 13 Days of Christmas
    A Christmas Celebration in The Ballroom
    The Attic's Naughty or Nice List, Toys Come to Life
    Jack's Graveyard of Christmas
    Oogie Boogie's Roulette
    The Exit (Sally's Farewell)

To vote for your other favorite scenes in other DLR attractions, click on one of or all of the links below:
    Part 1: Haunted Mansion (poll closed, but discussion continues)
    Part 2: Indiana Jones Adventure (poll closed, but discussion continues)
    Part 3: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (poll closed, but discussion continues)
    Part 4: Splash Mountain
    Part 5: RollerCoaster Showdown!

Coming soon: The Dark Ride Competition and then last but not least, Pirates of the Caribbean!
    Last edited by dth316; 04-24-2010 at 06:04 PM.

• Awaken the spirits

Re: The DLR Best Scene Tournament - Part 6: The Haunted Mansion Holiday

This poll made me realize that my favorite Holiday scenes are the same as my favorite regular scenes - the portrait gallery, the ballroom, and the graveyard.

Mine actually changed. The attic was originally one of my favorites with the ballroom, but for Holiday it's ballroom and the graveyard. I think the graveyard during the Holiday is 10 times more epic and massively impressive.

I always found it weird that Sally is nowhere to be seen throughout the ride other than the Xmas card and the exit :-/

I imagined this to be one of the more popular threads but apparently I was wrong, even Rollercoaster thread has more votes

Just a little bit longer left on this poll. Get your votes in so your fav scene can make it to the finale!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I Love the Man Eating Wreath and other Toothy Plants!

And the Ballroom Scene is even more spectacular, with the haunted christmas Carols, the "Addams Family" type tree, the always unique Gingerbread House

And the Graveyard Scene with both Bonedeer, and snowy Jack-O-Lantern iconic curled hill, singing jack o lanterns, bow topped coffins, etc are such great additions!

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I always found it weird that Sally is nowhere to be seen throughout the ride other than the Xmas card and the exit :-/
    Don't forget, she has her own Changing Portrait - those 3 things are plenty.

• Who are you again?

....this reminded me of my HMH recreation-but-its-not-a-recreaction dohickey...thing...and I havnt done anything to it since new years......
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Pumpkin Dragon

I love the whole attraction in general, because I know the theme in question.

When HM is just HM, I get scared and hide
    BUT, when HM is HMH, I dont hide I actually watch the attration.

Reason? HM holds ghosts and the freaky remains of the ghost host in the stretching gallery, the bride, and the other various things that scare me. When HM turns to HMH, the theme changes to something I'll enjoy, Nightmare Before Christmas. I watched the movie yesterday and im still in love with it. HMH does'nt havethe remains of the ghost host in the Stretching Room, It has Jack's face. The portraits dont have anything scary but things that make me smile (I love the Santa to Jack slegh portrait)

Get my point here? To some, HM is better than HMH, but to me, HMH is the better one.
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!