Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matterhorn Idea

Matterhorn Idea

I was thinking about the new sleds and came up with an idea that the Matterhorn is kinda already set up for. Since some people prefer the new sleds for it's increase in capacity. An some like the old ones so they can hold on to their children or lovers (Im in that group!). Why don't they have the Fantasyland side set up for the new bobsleds and the Tomorrowland side set up with the old sleds but provide them with a huge refurbishment to update their technology and color scheme to the new blue and white.

Here are my reasons for this:

1.) This will truly maximize capacity. They could have a CM posted at the split between the 2 sides asking groups how many riders they have and if they are sitting together. Based on the the guests responses, the CM will decide which line to put the guests in. Resulting in fully loaded bobsleds. 8 guests on one side and 6 on the other.

2.) No increase in height limit. Since the old bobsleds will be running on one side, the height limit will not have to be increased.

3.) Everyone is happy. People who do not like lap sitting will have the sleek new sleds and the people who like the old sleds can still ride them.

4.) Disney won't have to spend too much money buying an entire new fleet of bobsleds.

Issues:

1.) More people riding one side and the other gets backed up.
    Solution: When one side gets too crowded, open both lines up around the mountain like they did in the past and have a CM posted there to assign which side guests will be on

2.) People wanting to ride their favorite side
    Solution: The reason I chose the Tomorrowland side for the old sleds is because to me, the clearances are much tighter and there is that sudden drop on that side which the old sleds can navigate with ease. Also, to me, that side is slightly faster so the old sleds will be fine. The new sleds running on the Fantasyland side will work out better, in my opinion, since the clearances don't seem as tight and the new sleds are probably faster. So I assume they will keep up to speed. But to solve the issue, just tell the CM which side you prefer, an they would be happy to let you choose a side in that case. But in most cases, guests wouldn't care.

So what do you guys think of this idea? Would it work? I would be happy if they did this. When Im not with my girlfriend I could ride the new sleds with my sisters and friends. An when Im with her, I could ride the old sleds.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: Matterhorn Idea

I like your thinking. You should be working at Disneyland.

• Minion

I actually think that's a brilliant idea.

The only suggestion I have is run the new bobsleds on the Tomorrowland side and the old sleds on the Fantasyland side. To me, the new design is much more Tomorrowland-ish and the olds are much more Fantasyland-ish. Also, people can sit with their kids on the Fantasyland side, which means that kids may feel more excited to try a roller coaster that's in Fantasyland and can sit with their parents.

Just a suggestion, but this idea really is great!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post

The only suggestion I have is run the new bobsleds on the Tomorrowland side and the old sleds on the Fantasyland side. To me, the new design is much more Tomorrowland-ish and the olds are much more Fantasyland-ish. Also, people can sit with their kids on the Fantasyland side, which means that kids may feel more excited to try a roller coaster that's in Fantasyland and can sit with their parents.

The old sleds would be painted and lightly refurbished to look just like the new ones. But I understand your logic on the old sleds running on the Fantasyland side. That would work too.

• Addicted to Disney

I really like this idea! I personally like the new sleds better because I think it will be more comfortable sitting by myself, but I know there are people out there who like the old sleds better. Also, this would help capacity ALOT. This way everyone is happy while at the same time the line gets shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post

I was actually going to say the same thing. Even if they'll be painted like the old ones, problem is they WON'T be the new ones and people will be able to notice. This way, traditional bobsleds can ride on FL side while "the bobsleds of tomorrow" can take the TL side. Could even get a good promotion out of it, like "try the future bobsleds now on the Matterhorn." And then maybe have it be the first "interland ride."

• Banned User

I actually prefer all-new bobsleds. I don't if its because I'm single or what...but I like all-new only. That's just me.

I understand the want and need for all new but I think those who will miss the two at a time seating should be able to ride it out until all new takes over. "Ride the old bobsleds... before they're gone." Or go in the vault. Whatever they with their flippin rides, lol

I like the old sleds, but Disney is changing them for a reason. If Disney wanted to keep using the old design, they would; but obviously they want something safer and with a better capacity.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

I love this idea!

It's just a seat you sit in for the ride. Nothing special about it. Plus, most people probably wouldn't care, as most people aren't Disney freaks like us.

I get your idea, but I'd really rather have the new sleds on both sides.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I love this idea! I think they should use different colors for that stripe so they can have multiple colored sleds, kind of like the first ones.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I was considering this myself actually, but the only problem is that then each side would be a different ride. I worked out two solutions to this problem.

1) Run a mix on both sides with separate track side gates for each train (like MFW where you line up for the cart you want, but the split would be closer to the loading platform

2) Have the front car of the old train paired with the back of a new train. This way, you have lap seating and conventional seating all rolled together without having to re fabricate the new trains.

• Wilderness Explorer

I love this idea, but I agree with Professortango.
    Disney isn't just changing the sleds for fun, it's for safety reasons... or maybe not, I don't know... but they do have some reason for it. haha

Regardless of what the reason is... I doubt Disney would do this.
    But personally, I would love this.
    I could experience the new, while still enjoying the old seating arrangement that I love so much.

I love this idea. My biggest concern with the new sleds is that the ride height will need to increase. As a father with a 2 1/2 year old, it will make it hard to explain that she can no longer go on one of her rides.

Walt's vision was to have rides the family could ride together. It doesn't make sense to take away a ride from families.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast