Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

We are taking our kids to Disneyland Sept 30th, Oct 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th. We would like to take our kids to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Is there anyway to find out if it will be available on any of these dates? Also, how will that make our experience on the other dates? Do they offer the normal shows like Fantasia on the nights they do not do the Halloween party? My understanding is we will have to leave the park early on the nights the party is on and we do not have tickets, is California Adventure still open? What are the normal park hours this time of year?

Most important, has anyone gone to this? What is your opinion, worth it? What about this vs. Micky's trick or treat party?

Sorry for all the questions. We have only ever gone to Disneyland in the summer and we are hoping for a different experience this time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dasia; 04-24-2010 at 07:06 PM.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Re: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

The party is held at DCA.

Everything at DL will still be held normally.

I don't think the dates have been announced yet.

"Normal hours" is a subjective thing as October crowds have been increasing. The standard in the past is 10-8 on weekdays, 9-11 (or 8-12) on weekends. If you are staying at one of the DL hotels, you may get early entry for one or more of your days.

Enjoy your trip!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I know this doesn't help alot but that's a lot of days and I'm curious as to what you're doing on the gap in the middle of your vacation, lol

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    I know this doesn't help alot but that's a lot of days and I'm curious as to what you're doing on the gap in the middle of your vacation, lol
    LOL! Yes, it is a lot of days. They have a deal pay for a 3 day hopper and get a 5 day hopper. We have only ever gone in summer with a 3 day pass. We have always felt rushed and stressed. We are hoping the 5 day will make it more relaxing, and going in Oct. as well. During the gap we will be going to the beach and relaxing

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is only at Walt Disney World in Florida. California only has Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party in DCA.

Oh, I didn't know you could stretch out your days like that with a 5 day. But I think that'll be way more than enough for October. It really isn't THAT crowded, especially during the day. Only reason attendance increased during Halloween Time was because APers wanted to check out the new Space Mountain after they got home from school or work. During the day, I'm willing to bet you'll get everything from both parks done within about 2 or 3 days. So I suppose you should enjoy those 2 extra days at the park by idly getting by.

As for the Trick or Treat thing, I hear it's worth it to be in the park after hours with Halloween themed music playing while some select rides are open, plus getting candy. At about 6 PM, DCA closes and TorT opens at about 7 and closes around 10, if I remember correctly. But nonetheless, there are still a bunch of Halloween themed offerings at Disneyland as well during the day. But if I remember correctly, the Trick or Treat is an extra 40 bucks, which may seem not worth it when you already purchased a bunch of 5 day hopper tickets to then add on an extra 40 bucks to each ticket.
    Since you're going that month, I suggest leaving your kids at the hotel and taking some fun time with your loved one and go to an adult Halloween event at Knotts Scary Farm about 15 minutes away

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Since you're going that month, I suggest leaving your kids at the hotel and taking some fun time with your loved one and go to an adult Halloween event at Knotts Scary Farm about 15 minutes away
    What does Knotts have going for adults? My DH would be really interested in that.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is only at Walt Disney World in Florida. California only has Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party in DCA.
    This is going to bum my cousin out. She was really excited about the parade and fireworks advertised for the Not So Scary Halloween Party. I wish it would be more clear on the website we looked at.

Oh well, makes the decision easier!

• wanderlust

Quote Originally Posted by dasia View Post
    What does Knotts have going for adults? My DH would be really interested in that.
    They have "Knotts Scary Farm" they have 13 elaborate haunted houses as well as themed areas that are like haunted houses while you walk through the park, very thematic, very fun, and can be very scary! I don't scare easily and I definitely spent some time screaming haha A few of my friends worked the mazes as monsters last Halloween :] For me it's the only time I really go to Knotts and it's VERY worth it.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

Quote Originally Posted by dasia View Post
    This is going to bum my cousin out. She was really excited about the parade and fireworks advertised for the Not So Scary Halloween Party. I wish it would be more clear on the website we looked at.

Oh well, makes the decision easier!
    Disneyland has "Halloween Screams" fireworks, which I think are a bit better than the ones in Magic Kingdom. This is during regular park hours.

We'll see if this is the year for a Halloween parade

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Disneyland has "Halloween Screams" fireworks, which I think are a bit better than the ones in Magic Kingdom. This is during regular park hours.

We'll see if this is the year for a Halloween parade
    They had a parade at DCA
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLiZTLcVmwE"]YouTube- Keane and Kalvin Trick or Treat Disney Street Parade[/ame]
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

Hey, where did you find the 5 day park hopper price for 3 days?? i REALLY would be interested in that im also planning a trip for october and that would put a stress off money for sure
    Last edited by Fish_in_water; 04-25-2010 at 10:47 AM.

"Micky's Not So Scary Halloween Party"

Haha, that's so great of Disney to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ladollhouse View Post
    They have "Knotts Scary Farm" they have 13 elaborate haunted houses as well as themed areas that are like haunted houses while you walk through the park, very thematic, very fun, and can be very scary! I don't scare easily and I definitely spent some time screaming haha A few of my friends worked the mazes as monsters last Halloween :] For me it's the only time I really go to Knotts and it's VERY worth it.
    Precisely. Also, if you want a more premium scare experience, visit Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. It's a little further aways but the quality of the mazes and talent there is unmatchable. They look straight out of the movie and plus you get to walk on the backlot where movies have been actually made such as The Grinch, Psycho and War of the Worlds. Definitely a fun adult thing to go do and take a break from the family stuff. It is also in some way a bit romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_in_water View Post
    Hey, where did you find the 5 day park hopper price for 3 days?? i REALLY would be interested in that im also planning a trip for october and that would put a stress off money for sure

Through the hotel I am booking Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites. I heard they are available through Disney's website, but I have not verified that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast