Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Attractions you CANNOT miss at Disneyland?

Hey all! I'm taking a first-time vacation to Disneyland this coming June. I've gotten the Birnbauhm book and a few other helpful resources, but I just wanted everyones opinion on things I cannot go to Disneyland without seeing.

I have been to WDW many times, so I know about rides such as Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain..etc. Are the duplicate rides any different? If so, how?

Thanks!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
    Thanks for the fun, Mr. Disney!! (:
    Pin Trader and *crosses fingers* hopefully future Disney

Re: Attractions you CANNOT miss at Disneyland?

Pirates of the Carribean...while they have pirates at WDW I have heard that the DL version is better.
    Haunted Mansion is another must see!
    How exciting a first trip to Disneyland! Dont forget to get your 1st visit button It is a good souvenier to have.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• =)

You definitely need to give Indiana Jones a shot, as you won't find that at WDW. The duplicate attractions are definitely different, too...really, you ought to try as many as you can. They can be shorter, longer, different in atmosphere, different in music, more intense, less intense, etc.

Just based on my own tastes, here are the attractions in Disneyland that you, as a WDW fan, absolutely must see, in no particular order:

* Space Mountain
    * Thunder Mountain
    * Pirates of the Caribbean
    * Indiana Jones
    * The Matterhorn
    * The Haunted Mansion
    * Splash Mountain

We also have the the real Enchanted Tiki Room and the original Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, so you may want to check those out. And if you're also visiting California Adventure, you should try Soarin' Over California, California Screamin', Tower of Terror, and Toy Story Midway Mania.

• Also cute and fluffy!

Most definitely Indiana Jones, the Haunted Mansion, and Pirates of the Caribbean
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Manson a must!

• Disney Fan & Musician

Indiana Jones Adventure, the REAL Pirates of The Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad, a better Space Mountain, and definitely explore the nooks and crannies of New Orleans Square. It's one of the best lands Disney has ever made. (& Disneyland's crowned jewel)

Have fun! Remember, this is the park that Walt walked in.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Indiana Jones Adventure, the REAL Pirates of The Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad, a better Space Mountain, and definitely explore the nooks and crannies of New Orleans Square. It's one of the best lands Disney has ever made. (& Disneyland's crowned jewel)

Have fun! Remember, this is the park that Walt walked in.
    Thats true.

Hey! Thats not Simba MatterhornJ! LOL

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

All the noticeable little differences should make your day, and if you'll notice, a lot more locals then tourists so strike some conversations up and talk to people around you while waiting in line or something. In my opinion, less people are in a rush at Disneyland compared to WDW.

• The Study of Wumbo

Most of the duplicate rides are purposefully different, I think. They want people like you who know the other version to ride the ride anyway.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Thank you so much, everyone for your help! I will definately ride the rides you suggested! And a good point - Disneyland is the original idea, the park that Walt put his whole heart and soul into. This will definately be stuck in the back of my head while I'm there.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney
    Thanks for the fun, Mr. Disney!! (:
    Pin Trader and *crosses fingers* hopefully future Disney

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Indiana Jones: Obviously completely different from Florida's "Dinosaur".
    Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin: One of the most fun, outrageous dark rides you have been on.
    It's a Small World: It's the first and obviously a classic that can't be missed.
    Alice in Wonderland: Not in any other parks and is just a fantastic ride!
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride: Same as Alice

Just try doing them all. The only ones I would pass on that are the same in Florida is Soarin' Over California and Toy Story Midway Mania, Muppet Vision 3-D, It's Tough to be a Bug and Star Tours I believe. But if you have never done those then I would recommend doing those as well.

Please please pleeeeease.... take in Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room while visiting. WDW's has been tampered with far beyond recognition. In my opinion, they ruined it in FL with Iago, Zazu, and the contemporary music. The one at Disneyland remains in its classic condition the way Walt intended. Well worth the visit and while you're there grab a Dole Whip!

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    Please please pleeeeease.... take in Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room while visiting. WDW's has been tampered with far beyond recognition. In my opinion, they ruined it in FL with Iago, Zazu, and the contemporary music. The one at Disneyland remains in its classic condition the way Walt intended. Well worth the visit and while you're there grab a Dole Whip!
    You took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers or where ever words come from in internet-land). I've never been to WDW but I tried to watch a video of Tiki Room: Under New Management, and I just couldn't even finish watching the video. I have no idea why they though that would be a good idea. Our Tiki Room is the original, amazing experience.

Also, check out Indiana Jones. You'll be jealous that it's not at WDW :P

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

....... Pretty much everything :-/

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    ....... Pretty much everything :-/
    This!!

How long are you going to be there? Try to get as much done as you can, whether you've seen a variation of it at another park or not. I've been on Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, etc. etc. a billion times before, but I never pass them up on a trip because I've already been on them. I visit them several times a trip. It doesn't matter whether you've seen them at Florida, California, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, wherever, you should still check them out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast