Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Another photo journey...

Hi All,

Since Andy was gracious and kind enough to use some of my recent photos in his latest column, I figured I would share a few others that I took the other day. Some were very difficult to shoot since we were either moving very fast or in the dark. I hope you enjoy them.

I've been dying to get this shot and they barked at me when we got off the ride but it was worth it.

Now for some "Sunny Shots"

I had never seen Minnie Mouse in this outfit or posing in this location but I thought she looked great and fit the area really well.

Since we are looking at California Screamin, here are the tough "fast moving" shots.

I love the upside down horizon in this one.

It wasn't long before the sun was setting and the cloudy day gave way to some beautiful light on the park.

The setting sun really lit up Tower of Terror in a beautiful way.

I guess that's about it for now. I'll have another post soon from our day in Disneyland. It was a prettier day in DCA, so I posted those first. I hope you all enjoy them almost as much as I did taking them.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Another photo journey...

Gosh you're pictures are too amazing...so much color and just beautiful. Great job

• Missing DLR

Wonderful pictures! Enjoyed seeing them and can't wait for the others!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Great shots, Hot Sauce! I always look forward to your photo threads. And for those who haven't seen the latest edition of Dateline Disneyland, they should really head over there and take a look at some of your other recent shots. Some STUNNING shots of WOC as well as several other incredible photos.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 04-29-2010 at 06:05 AM.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

've been dying to get this shot and they barked at me when we got off the ride but it was worth it.

Awesome shots!! Did they really bark at you after this ^shot?
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yah i'd like to know too! I never got barked at after taking a slew of photos.

Good stuff though! I'm envious of the fluffy white clouds that are never quite there when I visit.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Wooooonderful pictures...I always enjoy your pictures. You are a great photographer and one of these days I swear I am going to try your hotsauce. I was at Seaport Village this past weekend and kept looking at your bottle Soon...very soon! Thanks again for the pictures they are great!
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Awesome shots!! Did they really bark at you after this ^shot?
    When the ride was over and the elevator doors opened, the guy looked right at me and in a very minorly pissed off voice said "NO TAKING PICTURES". I got the shots I wanted, so at least I don't have to make them mad any more.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by loveforfamily View Post
    Wooooonderful pictures...I always enjoy your pictures. You are a great photographer and one of these days I swear I am going to try your hotsauce. I was at Seaport Village this past weekend and kept looking at your bottle Soon...very soon! Thanks again for the pictures they are great!
    The next time you are in the Hot Licks store in Seaport Village, you can sample any of the sauces you want. They also have it in the Hot Licks in Old Town, as well as all over San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    The next time you are in the Hot Licks store in Seaport Village, you can sample any of the sauces you want. They also have it in the Hot Licks in Old Town, as well as all over San Diego.
    Will definitely do that....thank you I am sure it's great was created by a fellow micechatter...has to be good!
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• VFX Artist & Dark Lord

Wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Nice photos! Really nice. Good job. What sort of camera were you using? I love the Tower of Terror shots. Your photo report reminds me of three things...1) It's been far too long since I was last at the Disneyland Resort, 2) I really should go ahead and finally visit DCA, and 3) I need a better camera.

Thanks for sharing those photos and for letting Andy put the others in his Dateline update. Looking forward to seeing your next batch of photos!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post
    Wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Nice photos! Really nice. Good job. What sort of camera were you using? I love the Tower of Terror shots. Your photo report reminds me of three things...1) It's been far too long since I was last at the Disneyland Resort, 2) I really should go ahead and finally visit DCA, and 3) I need a better camera.

Thanks for sharing those photos and for letting Andy put the others in his Dateline update. Looking forward to seeing your next batch of photos!
    Thanks for the very kind words. I am using a Canon EOS T1i with the standard 18-55 kit lens. It is a mid grade DSLR that runs around $800.00. I've only had it about a year but I am very happy with it. I don't know how to use about 90% of it yet, but I'm slowly learning.

You should definitely visit DCA. I know a lot of people bash it but if you take the time to appreciate its details, it has a charm all of its own.

Do you work for any of the major FX studios? A good friend of mine, Gino Acevedo works for Weta Digital.

• Avid Photographer!

It's going to be tough getting pictures like some of those on my next trip. You certainly have a good eye for photography!!

It makes me happy that you got some good pictures inside darkrides like Indy & POTC. Were you using <P> or <Av> or <Tv> or <M> when taking them? I know my old XT had terrible ISO sensitivity, and my new 7D is much better. I'm hopeful that the higher ISO (up to 3200 with reasonable noise) coupled with my fast f/2.8 lens I'll get some pictures I've been wanting to get for years.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MistrWebmastr View Post
    It's going to be tough getting pictures like some of those on my next trip. You certainly have a good eye for photography!!

It makes me happy that you got some good pictures inside darkrides like Indy & POTC. Were you using <P> or <Av> or <Tv> or <M> when taking them? I know my old XT had terrible ISO sensitivity, and my new 7D is much better. I'm hopeful that the higher ISO (up to 3200 with reasonable noise) coupled with my fast f/2.8 lens I'll get some pictures I've been wanting to get for years.
    I had it set on TV for 1/20 and 1/30 of a second for the dark rides. I did take some inside pirates that came out pretty good. I had the ISO at 3200. I shoot in RAW and there was quite a bit of noise in the shots but the Canon software does a really good job of removing the noise in RAW images. Here's an example.

The shots on the roller coaster were set on TV of 1/320 with ISO on auto.

With your new camera and that lens, you should have no problems. Your shots will blow mine away. Another trick in shooting in the dark rides is to try and shoot things as you are heading straight at them. If you try to shoot it as you pass by it, it will be blurry. Also a good trick is to set your camera on continuous shooting and take 3 or 4 shots. One of them is bound to be pretty good. The great thing is, if you don't like them, delete em and ride it again trying a different setting.

Make sure you post them when you do. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

• To infinity and beyond!

Some of the best shots I've ever seen. The one inside Tower of Terror is absolutely intriguing. I'm very interested in buying the type of camera you have. It takes wonderful shots.
    TOY STORY 3 - JUNE 18TH!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast