Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Third Theme Park Theme: Mythology

Rumor has it that DCA's name will be soon changed - possibly within the next yeat. With the change. plans are apparently in the making for better theming 0of the lands. Hopefully, we will see new E-Tickets, smaller scale dark rides aand such over the course of next few years or so.

Like the predicessor of all Disney parks, Disneyland, "DCA" will probably remain a work in progress - even when a third gate gets underway. I'm hoping we we see the beginnings of this third park around the beginning to middle of the next decade - if not sooner. I hope they stick with the Wes-COT concept overall, and include lots of DisneySea components as well. The sky is the limit as far as what the Imagineers could do with this sort of premise and scope - if rhe company allows them the budget.

I love this thread.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-03-2005 at 06:24 PM.

• Sex Panther made by Odeon

Instead of a mythology park they should have Economic Land! Where each land has a different economic system. Like Capitilism Land, where there big buldings that look like skyscraper's, and they have a roller coaster that is all about money and buying things! Then there could be Communist Land, where Karl Marx greets you in the entrance of the land. And they have a people mover ride that talks about the revolt against capitlism. Then there could be a Feudlism Land where cast members are dressed up like Lords and Serfs, and you could have a show like medival times, but throw Lilo and Stich in there somehow,
    Anyso, just a thougt, laters...

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Peepin'MyPeeps
    Then there could be Communist Land, where Karl Marx greets you in the entrance of the land. And they have a people mover ride that talks about the revolt against capitlism
    Lol. Don't forget the Great Moments with Mr. Lenin attraction where guests enter Lenin's tomb and he revives and says a speech. Then the climax of the show is he finally gets buried by Russia's current government.

Anyways, I actually mentioned Star Wars theme park on another thread a few months back. That idea could work too with each land being themed to a different planet. Mustafar land would be interesting...

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa
    Lol. Don't forget the Great Moments with Mr. Lenin
    I would not use mr Lenin, biut I would have a show called Great moments with Mr. Castro. when he gets up to speak , he would talk for 5 hours and not say anything. everyone watching the show would be requires to stand up and cheer when told to do so.

It would be a reality based just like the real thing.

Bob

Ironically enough, I've always thought World Showcase should be made into a separate park and that Greece and Egypt should be added to the mix of nations, particularly because of their importance in antiquity.

Just imagine how whimsical the Parthenon and the Great Pyramids of Giza would look within the tapestry of other world landmarks at EPCOT.

In any such pavillions, mythology would have to play a role.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12