9 32.14%
  • No. Hate the idea.

3 10.71%
  • whatever.

16 57.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Thumbs up Pictures :I can't wait until the temporary entrance open @ DCA near Hollywood Backlot

Hey guys,

The thing I am excited about is the opening of the temporary entrance near Studio 17 when they close down the main entrance.

I can't wait for it to open. Why you ask? because it's going to be like walking into a new theme park. I can imagine it right now. I want to walk backstage. It going to feel like Universal Studios Hollywood.

For the past 5 years as an AP holder, I never realized that there is a "water tower" located near studio 12 until just recently.

Every time I visit Monster Inc. area, there always seem to have a little bit of people there.

Here are 2 pictures that I took: Look like I'm in a new park.

Look how beautiful this area look like.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Pictures :I can't wait until the temporary entrance open @ DCA near Hollywood Bac

According to Al's update on 2-23-10, this is how they decided to do the construction of the new entry:

It looks like the plan they've finally landed on is to tackle one side of DCA's main entrance at a time, and only allow people to enter the park through the half of the facility not under construction. A temporary exit for DCA would then be built on the west end of the Soarin' Over California attraction, dumping exiting park guests out into Downtown Disney.
    So traffic going into DCA will NOT be going in directly Hollywood Pictures Backlot, during the construction process.

Here's the link to that full update: http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al022310a.htm

Of course, things can always change.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Re: Pictures :I can't wait until the temporary entrance open @ DCA near Hollywood Bac

Yeah, I like that area of the park. It usually doesn't get much foot traffic but lately it's been crowded due to the Food and Wine festival. I wish they'd bring back Hollywood and Dine.. hopefully they'll do something with the building once they open the temporary entrance.

I remember the water tower used to read "Hollywood Pictures Backlot", then they changed it to "Hollywood Studios" when they redid the area back in 2006(?). They added a new courtyard with trees and a new fountain, along with a new paint scheme for the buildings.

at one point they even added x-mas mickey ears to the water tower -

http://flickr.com/photos/barrywallis/338079138/

I wonder if they'll keep the Hollywood Studios theme in this little area of the park, and rename the rest of HPB into Hollywood Land.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    It going to feel like Universal Studios Hollywood.
    Which is why I'm looking forward to having the new entrance open afterward.

The last I heard they are going to have half of the main entrance open and the other half under construction. Eliminating the need for a tempary entrance.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Using half is going to create such long lines They should definitely get people in through HPB, that way more people will go, "oh... Monsters Inc... didn't know that was there... let's ride it!"

• Banned User

I remember reading something from the new DLR President here maybe 2 weeks ago stating we were going to enter backstage somewhere so either that interview was taken before they changed it OR the idea Al posted is now gone. Who knows at this point.

when will they be re-directing to the new entrance? I can't image soon with so much work focused on TLM, WOC..etc..
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• Banned User

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    I can't wait for it to open. Why you ask? because it's going to be like walking into a new theme park. I can imagine it right now. I want to walk backstage. It going to feel like Universal Studios Hollywood.
    Eh, feels more like DHS. With that said, I do agree with you that I am looking forward to the new HPB when it looks more like 1930's Hollywood.

• =)

I didn't realize they were going to just use half of the real entrance now. Although that probably will get pretty congested, I can see why it would be a smart choice. Having people enter through the corner of the park always did seem just...wrong.

• "I Break Things"

sorry... I'm not used to seeing terms like "congested" and "long lines" when people post about getting IN to DCA...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Can't people get in through GCH too?
    Anyway, I would've liked coming in through the back lot. Using 1/2 of the entrance at a time seems like it would cause a huge bottleneck.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    sorry... I'm not used to seeing terms like "congested" and "long lines" when people post about getting IN to DCA...

I'm not used to it either.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I voted "whatever". Because.... yah. well.. whatever. Tell me when it's completed. That's what I'm looking forward to. Not some temporary entrance.

Nice pictures of a guy in blue plaid by the way. He's in almost everything you shoot.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast