Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Grizzly River Run Geysers

Has anyone else noticed that the geysers at the end of the ride haven't been working for a really long time? At least I haven't seen them. But, every once in a while I'll see a small one foot one, not the ones they used to have.
    Here are a few pics.
    http://lostworld.pair.com/disneyland...zly_geyser.jpg
    http://www.dotphoto.com/SAN1/D5/B8/E...EC482A9386.jpg
    This is how it looks now.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...er_Geysers.JPG
    Does anyone else know if they will ever be fixed?
    Heres a video.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDyyQRMgbA8"]YouTube- Disneyland DCA Grizzly River Run Geyser Gauntlet Facing West[/ame]
    Last edited by SS77; 04-29-2010 at 04:39 PM.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Laughing Place Finder

Re: Grizzly River Run Geysers

I have noticed that as well. I don't think I've seen them blast in many years. I know the last time I personally saw them was 2003 or 2004. I wonder what the deal is?
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Conservation for WOC

• hi!

i think it's a hit-or-miss kind of thing. i've definitely seen (and been a very sad victim) of that big geyser within this year (july 09-present)
    -plagued

You saw them when ALL of them were on? Lucky you. Haha.
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Laughing Place Finder

Yeah once upon a time there was absolutely noooo way you were getting off that ride without being thoroughly drenched. If not from the drops and the splashing river water then definitiely from the geysers at the end.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

They were on when I was there in July 09. I remember, cause I thought I had gotten as wet as I could get going down the drop. Silly me :P
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I've seen the one in the river go off, not that long ago, but I don't remember the last time I've seen the ones on land go off.

The 1st time I saw those geysers go off during the day, the sunlight was at an angle that you could see a rainbow. It really does add a lot more interest to the area, when they do of off.

• Seeker of Fun

It's been about a year and a half since I've seen any go off. Wish they would though!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

Oh no, not this thread again!!!
    Yaye!

I did a search and no threads came up.

• Minion

I went last week. They are definitely working! It's a hit and miss kinda thing. The first 14 times-I've rode Grizzly in my life I didn't even know they had geysers! But Recently I've been unfortunately lucky!

We were there in early December and they were going off then...we were really excited because we never knew they existed before!

• Please pull the yellowtab

I've only been on Grizzly River Run 2x. But I didn't get quite that soaked until this past January.

I was gleefully celebrating my survival from the drop and of the dippy turns that toss water into the raft until.... I saw the GEYSER! The one that rockets into the sky like the OP's first picture.

My entire party tried to turn the circular handle in the middle like it were the teacups so we could escape. LOL. Why we thought by doing that we could spin the raft backwards away from the geyser is beyond me. It was probably because we were all in a state of panic.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Yeah, the geysers slowly started disappearing one by one the past year or so. Sad none are working now. Really hope they fix this and don't let them be one of those things that they don't think they need.. At lest all the misters are still working.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast