Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Disgruntled Former CM

Wink Re: What will the Outside of the Little Mermaid Ride Look Like?

Quote Originally Posted by moshilove View Post
    I was curious to know if there are actual plans out there for it that anyone has seen? I'm kind of concerned about how they are supposed to make something that looks good when they are using the existing structure as part of the building. The existing structure is kind of boring, and from the way that they're building the structure on the Little Mermaid ride right now, it's looking like it'll turn out looking like a cardboard box. Barf.
    Quote Originally Posted by moshilove View Post
    Yes, I do know that it's in the beginning stages of construction. I just wanted some pictures, like the ones that you provided, to give me some more insight into what it will look like. I'm sorry that I apparently offended you and made you feel the need to lash out at me?
    That being said, I do agree that it looks amazing!
    First, Disney never uses "plans"; they just throw up a boring cardboard box, and then ask passersby what they think of the creation; sometimes they cut holes in the walls for you to yell your ideas directly to the artisans working on site. You can also drop off blueprints, architectural renderings, and design sketches at City Hall for consideration.

Second, we here on MiceChat never look at "Concept Art" - or the finished project - before passing judgement; we usually just wait until the walls go up (or demolition to begin...) and start armchair imagineering, deriding the design, and post a poll as to what we - or Walt - would really want. Barfing is always a good start to any serious discussion of esthetics or theming...

Third, "lashing out" is really just another way of venting frustration.
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Disneyland History Lover

Re: What will the Outside of the Little Mermaid Ride Look Like?

That concep art looks like something you'd see at Tokyo DisneySea. Here's hoping it turns out just like that! It's gorgeous.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    First, Disney never uses "plans"; they just throw up a boring cardboard box, and then ask passersby what they think of the creation; sometimes they cut holes in the walls for you to yell your ideas directly to the artisans working on site. You can also drop off blueprints, architectural renderings, and design sketches at City Hall for consideration.

Second, we here on MiceChat never look at "Concept Art" - or the finished project - before passing judgement; we usually just wait until the walls go up (or demolition to begin...) and start armchair imagineering, deriding the design, and post a poll as to what we - or Walt - would really want. Barfing is always a good start to any serious discussion of esthetics or theming...

Guys, seriously, let.it.go!

The Op made a comment obviously a few didnt like but made another one basically saying they werent trying to offend anyone and thinks the thing will look great when its done. What more is there?

• wanderlust

Oh wow that will be beautiful! I can't wait!
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• Banned User

Can you imagine after every WOC show, everyone will be making a beeline for this thing just like people do for POTC or HM after a Fantasmic show?

It's just great to finally see DCA coming into its own.

that looks to be a very large building. how big is this ride?

• in the Golden Afternoon

So excited for this! I've always loved Ariel, so it's awesome that she's getting her own ride. Not to mention that the building seems like it will be gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post

Seriously, guys? Clearly I shouldn't use my "dry" sense of humor on these boards ever..ever..ever..ever..again. It obviously doesn't come across very well. But I was under the impression that these boards weren't to just rail on each other for anything that you might think is stupid. I'm starting to think that micechat is not as fun as it used to be...seems every thread has to turn into a personal attack. I already tried to explain myself and I said it would look good, what more do you want?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12