Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What will the Outside of the Little Mermaid Ride Look Like?

I know this question was touched on in the thread about the track layout, however I was curious to know if there are actual plans out there for it that anyone has seen? I'm kind of concerned about how they are supposed to make something that looks good when they are using the existing structure as part of the building. The existing structure is kind of boring, and from the way that they're building the structure on the Little Mermaid ride right now, it's looking like it'll turn out looking like a cardboard box. Barf.
    I'm also interested to hear some of your ideas about what they should do to make it work!

• Dream in wonderful color!

Re: What will the Outside of the Little Mermaid Ride Look Like?

and from the way that they're building the structure on the Little Mermaid ride right now, it's looking like it'll turn out looking like a cardboard box.
    you do know that they're in the beginning stages of constructing the building, right? And I don't think the rotunda is boring.

anyway, here's the concept art. the building is inspired by the design of Fraser's Dance Hall in Venice Pier.

The new attraction building is based on the whimsical early 20th century architecture seen at such seaside entertainments as Venice Pier.

that's the original Venice Pier building in the bottom left picture.

-picture by BFJen

Last edited by nonob88; 04-30-2010 at 11:45 PM.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I love it. Really do. It'll fit well into the Paradise Pier look.

• =)

It'll definitely take the area in a more authentic, charming, beautiful direction, much as the TSMM exterior has.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    you do know that they're in the beginning stages of constructing the building, right? And I don't think the rotunda is boring.

anyway, here's the concept art. the building is inspired by the design of Fraser's Dance Hall in Venice Pier.
    UHm, wow. Yes, I do know that it's in the beginning stages of construction. I just wanted some pictures, like the ones that you provided, to give me some more insight into what it will look like. I'm sorry that I apparently offended you and made you feel the need to lash out at me?
    That being said, I do agree that it looks amazing!

Damn, if it looks like that concept art should be very pretty. I was thinking it would kind of have to tie into the area.

• Banned User

Its funny I was just looking at this picture yesterday and want to know is this the FINAL version? Because there is another version as well that I'm guessing is older, but doesnt mean its not being used anymore either. They both look great but I hope they are going with this one. This building just looks amazing. DCA shouldve had stuff like this from day one, but sadly the original TPTB were waaay too short sighted with that park.

• Senior Minion

This version may not be exactly the same, but it's going to be very close. This is the version shown in the Blue Sky Cellar and matches up with what has been built so far.

I really have high hopes for this ride. Gonna be upset if it falls on its face.

• Disney Fan & Musician

This exterior looks beautiful!
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

I find the concept art to be quite stellar. This building will really lend a lot of that charm and feel that has been lacking in that area. I am looking forward to see this ride and how they present it.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Love the exterior, but I hope that Ariel on top of the dome in that last pic is not gonna be there.

The TLM building truly looks amazing from the concept art, I'm just praying for once they go all out in execution.

If properly done, it could be one of the most gorgeous structures in the entire resort.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post

If properly done, it could be one of the most gorgeous structures in the entire resort.
    I hope so! Ariel's Grotto, in my opinion, could have been done up way better. The inside is nice, including the bathrooms, but outside is a little lacking IMO. I mean you can barely tell that is suppose to be a shell on top?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    This version may not be exactly the same, but it's going to be very close. This is the version shown in the Blue Sky Cellar and matches up with what has been built so far.

Yeah thats right I forgot this is the one up at BSC and I was just there 2 weeks ago lol. So, yeah cool!! And if the actual construction turns out like the rest of PP has gotten since the revamp: TSM, PPK, SSS, then I'm guessing we wont have any worries! All this stuff has turned almos the same or even BETTER than the concept art and thats usually not the case.

For once in my life, I finally have hope for DCA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast