Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: The San Francisco Bay Area at DCA?Why???

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Those buildings create dead space that makes guests feel uncomfortable. A shop, a restaurant, or an attraction of some sort is in order.
    they don't make me feel uncomfortable.....why would an area of a theme park make any feel uncomfortable...sure if it's like knotts scary far, but thats the point...are people who visit theme parks so weak minded that they feel uncomfortable because they walk by a building that looks like a beach hosue???....they must totally freak out int he real world everytime they walk by a buliding or house that they cannot go in.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

maybe a motion simulator ride of driving down highway 1 in a our of control car.

or (on a more cynical note) we can have a buzz lightyear type shoot em up ride where you go into South Central LA.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I remember the ivy stilt people! Very cool!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• A Pirate's life for me!

How about an earthquake experience!

Oh...Wait...That's already been done.

Never mind.

LOL!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    How about an earthquake experience!

Oh...Wait...That's already been done.

Never mind.

LOL!
    That was a Pear 39 attraction for those who didn't get the refferant... It's long since gone...

There used to be this cool dark ride at Fishermans Wharf where you would ride a cable car through San Francisco... It wasn't as fun as riding on the running boards of a real cable car up California Street... There was also a Haunted Mine which was sort of one of those "Mystery Spots/Side Show" kind of attractions... I haven't been down there for a while... But I think they still have the Guinness Book, Ripley's, and a Wax Museum down there... The big draw is Seafood - Shrimp and Crab Cocktails that are cooked and prepaired right in front of you curbside...

Ironicly the Palace of Fine Arts which is right by a reflecting pool is in an alkward part of the city that is between a residential district and the bridge on ramp... Basically at one end of Lombard...

The Palace of Fine Arts looks almost completely nothing like it... But at least when you stand in the middle of the dome and clap: there are some CM's who will do the echo clap...
    Check out my other blog:

• Soy una Cornquistadora!

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert
    If space permitted, I think a dark roller coaster based on a runaway cable car would be great for that area.
    I agree, space permitting, a cable car ride in the style of Buster Keaton or Charlie Chapman would be a lot of fun. Although I don't really condone ride recycling, they could even borrow a page from the early sections of the World of Motion ride. San Francisco totally got the short end of the stick at DCA.
    double the powder and shorten the fuse?

• Vehicle rotating backward

San Francsico really doesn't have much in the way of unique identity or food or culture outside of the gay mecca thing which is far outside the scope of a Disney park.

All that's really left otherwise is bridges, BART, and Bullitt.

• Traveler to the south

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    That was a Pear 39 attraction for those who didn't get the refferant... It's long since gone...

There used to be this cool dark ride at Fishermans Wharf where you would ride a cable car through San Francisco... It wasn't as fun as riding on the running boards of a real cable car up California Street... There was also a Haunted Mine which was sort of one of those "Mystery Spots/Side Show" kind of attractions... I haven't been down there for a while... But I think they still have the Guinness Book, Ripley's, and a Wax Museum down there... The big draw is Seafood - Shrimp and Crab Cocktails that are cooked and prepaired right in front of you curbside...

Ironicly the Palace of Fine Arts which is right by a reflecting pool is in an alkward part of the city that is between a residential district and the bridge on ramp... Basically at one end of Lombard...

The Palace of Fine Arts looks almost completely nothing like it... But at least when you stand in the middle of the dome and clap: there are some CM's who will do the echo clap...
    I don't think that is an awkward part of the city...I call it home! I live about 4 blocks from the Palace of Fine Arts and it is lovely around there, you just need to know how to by pass the on ramp!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Traveler to the south

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    San Francsico really doesn't have much in the way of unique identity or food or culture outside of the gay mecca thing which is far outside the scope of a Disney park.

Hey, you are talkin' about my City and yes we have a unique identity by not being pigeon-holed in to a single type of food or culture...it is a fantastic, diverse, energetic city! So there!
    - Skipper Mike

• Dreams do come true

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania

Are you kidding me!! Just bridges,bart,and bullitt. How about the buffalos,windmills,shakespeare gargen in golden gate park, the great music joints, burrito and vintage clothes shops in the mission. What about the flavor of the Haight, Sunsets at sunset beach, Walking to get a gelato in North Beach. Have you ever been to Kennedy's Irish pub & curry house? I mean where else could you have a guinness and some chicken tiki masala,then play some pool. Oh yeah and I forgot my favorite Sandwich shop in the world. it is called Roxy's and it is a mini market near Ocean and 280 they have the best dutch crunch but at all times of the day they have a 10-30 min. wait....Anyways I could go on but I'm really missing my city by the bay...

• Senior Minion

You know, the SF Examiner site (www.sfgate.com) has been doing a series all week on the apparent suicide magnet the Golden Gate bridge has become. Maybe the people who came up with the idea of doing DCA on the cheap and off the shelf could take the hint.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    You know, the SF Examiner site (www.sfgate.com) has been doing a series all week on the apparent suicide magnet the Golden Gate bridge has become. Maybe the people who came up with the idea of doing DCA on the cheap and off the shelf could take the hint.

That means I'm going to be getting a call to come investigate that area soon. (sigh).
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Vehicle rotating backward

I'm not saying there isn't anything there, I spent over 20 years living nearby, but aside from stuff like cable cars and the GG Bridge, there's not a lot of iconic references to SF in family-friendly pop culture, which is what DL is trying to do, not recreate the whole city from the ground up in the parking lot.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkersmell
    I don't think that is an awkward part of the city...I call it home! I live about 4 blocks from the Palace of Fine Arts and it is lovely around there, you just need to know how to by pass the on ramp!
    Most folks have a hard time getting there... Because it isn't exactly where you would expect an old Pan-pacific Exposition building to be located at...

You be driving down a main thouroghfare and "LOOK THERE IT IS - (explative!), I can't get there... What kind of highway on ramp is this? Caltrans is trying to kill me... WOW, look! It's the bridge..."

And believe me, it goes pretty much that fast if you don't stop to pause at any breaks in the sentance structure...
    Check out my other blog:

• Traveler to the south

You have just had the wrong tour guide...it is a walking friendly city, get out of your car and stroll to the Palace (which they are restoring right now, can't wait to see it done)! Very easy!
    - Skipper Mike

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast