Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

The San Francisco Bay Area at DCA?Why???

So I know Golden Dreams is in this area , but otherwise there is a lovely street of " SF archetectrial (SP) store fronts? Only one time in all of my visits have I seen anything happening in the buildings themselves..about 2years ago during the holiday season there was a cookie making area. What else has gone on in this area and what is the point of the area for entertainment value? Disney if nothing else could have shops and sell some merchandise there. Has anyone seen anything else in this area happening?

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: The San Francisco Bay Area at DCA?Why???

I guess they could have the "Bush-Man" set up shop there and scare passer-by's. Or add shops that sell tiny little fishing boats, cable cars and GG Bridge replica's...

And don't forget the crab boiler pots! That smell (aroma?) is just what that area needs!

Anything to boost attendance!

• Waiting for the stork

the "bush-man" I love that guy, the last few times I was at the warfe he wasn't around though...he cracks me up.....
    and for the record DCA did have something similar a few years ago, they had "climbing Ivy" on a wall, but when I walked by it stepped out if front of me (scared the boogers out of me), however I have not seen that in a LONG time. and I keep looking for it.
    procrastibating

•   
    • Minion

I am picturing CM's dressing like homeless people and taking photographes with missing teeth and cardboard signs... Where are the rainbow flags for crying out loud????

I still think they should take Golden Dreams out and put in a science "discovery" type of museum... Call it the "Imaginatorium"

Wait that would be depicting the REAL California too much, wouldn't it? Dang!
    Check out my other blog:

• Still wants to be a cat!

I've seen a temporary arcade set up in one of those buildings a while ago.....mostly they are just used for offices.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The buildings on Bathroom Row have been used before....

When they offered Luminaria, the building was where they had the kids decorate the Christmas cards used in the show.

During the X Games, it was home to the Xcade, and then the Xcade remained for a while (heck, it did make some money).

They also used it as a staging area for the ABC Primetime Preview events. Currently, they do hold some CM meetings inside.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Why put in more shops? Everyone complains already about too many shops with expensive merchandise! We don't have enough people to man the shops we already have!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I still think they should take Golden Dreams out and put in a science "discovery" type of museum... Call it the "Imaginatorium"
    Now you have me missing the Exploratorium, I love that place!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• C4C6C

If space permitted, I think a dark roller coaster based on a runaway cable car would be great for that area.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

• meganmegaphone

Nah, we just need some good 'ol fashioned protests... that'd spice things up in no time ... or there could be a cool Haight type of vintage shop put in since everyone loves vintage nowendays... we'll just leave the crack addicts and homeless perverts out of this scene... don't want it to be too authentic!

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Golden Dreams becoming an exploritorium type of venue and good crab pots with a walk away shrimp or crab cocktails yummm...

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstitch
    Nah, we just need some good 'ol fashioned protests... that'd spice things up in no time ... or there could be a cool Haight type of vintage shop put in since everyone loves vintage nowendays... we'll just leave the crack addicts and homeless perverts out of this scene... don't want it to be too authentic!

yeah, protests to disney...ehheh

I dont think a protest would do anything, but maybe some letters could! I say we all write in and send them in on the same day, and we could possibly get something done.

However, its all about money. If they cant use it for anything to make money, why change whats not broken. =/

And yes, they had an arcade when the XGames were there. but no mas!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil
    Why put in more shops? Everyone complains already about too many shops with expensive merchandise! We don't have enough people to man the shops we already have!
    Those buildings create dead space that makes guests feel uncomfortable. A shop, a restaurant, or an attraction of some sort is in order.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I agree it is uncomfortable and points out to the guest once again what a unfinished place DCA is , dont get me wrong I enjoy DCA and would definitley spend more time there if there was more to do.

• Infinitized!

How about a fast paced dark ride called "Escape from Alcatraz" ?

Basically that's just what it is, an escape from Alcatraz while you dodge gun fire.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast