Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st I Love You

1st I Love You

I will be taking a trip to Disneyland with my girlfriend next month for the first time and I think it it would be a good place to say "I love you" for the first time.

I want to know your thoughts on where and when the best place in the resort to do it would be.

Thanks for your ideas.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: 1st I Love You

For the first "I love you"
    I think it's best not planned.
    It just happens in a place where it means something to the both of you.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Not a Minion

can't go wrong with saying it right after fireworks assuming they aren't cancelled halfway through

of course,I'd go by DLFreak71's suggestion...it seems like the right way to express how you feel for someone

• Down Pluto!

I would have said it already, but that's not what you asked. If it were me, I'd stop right before going under the berm into Main Street - read the plaque out loud, turn and say it then.

""Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." Tell her you love her then enter DL together - what could be more magical?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

•   
    • Disneyland History Lover

Hmm well you can't really plan something like that. It just happens when you feel the moment. I wouldn't try and plan to a tee when you're going to tell someone you love them. Just bear it in mind and enjoy the park. When the moment is magical, you'll know it. And it might even just slip out of your mouth without you thinking about it. Me and my boyfriend had our first kiss at Disneyland. It definitely wasn't planned. We just felt the moment and it happened.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I agree with others. It could be any big moment to the fire works going off to a small, almost minute thing like standing at Snow White's wishing well or in the middle of a fast moment like on the Matterhorn (which would've been possible before with the together seating). Proposals, ceremonies, gift giving, maybe invitations, etc. should be planned. Not the expression of love. The best key is to know when she feels it, because when you see her feel it then you'll know if you feel it and that's when it should happen. Seal the deal with a kiss and that's all the advice I can really give! Every inch in Disneyland or even California Adventure is meant to be magical and not every spot has had a moment yet, so even if it's the weirdest place you can think of, that'll mean that nook and cranny is yours forever and it'll be etched in time in history between you two that on the GRR trail under the lift, you said I love you, haha.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Hmm. For me, I didn't plan the first time I said it, and thats how it was best for me. You plan proposing, a wedding and birthdays, but first kisses and "I Love You's" just seem to happen.

Mine was one night I was leaving her house after watching some TV and cuddling. I kissed her goodnight and as I stepped out and began down the driveway, I was compelled to look over my shoulder at her and the words just came out. How can you plan a moment like that?

If you are going to plan it though (which might just be the perfect way for you), just being close to her and absorbing the nightlife might be the way. People have mentioned the fireworks but I worry that your special moment might be ruined by the fact you have absolutely no privacy, and people might be pushing around. Also, a loud blast (either pyro or the soundtrack) or something else might jostle her or somehow make her only half hear it taking away from the moment.

If it were me, Id take her to a park bench in the hub, or somewhere overlooking the ROA. Just make sure its only you and her to share the moment, and don't do it on a ride or anything where a sudden movement, audio, lighting effect or anything else might happen suddenly taking away from the amazing moment. Somewhere secluded, romantic and peaceful would best fit the bill in my mind

So, after all this, maybe I recommend a Hybrid. Take her to Disneyland not knowing when, where or if you will say it. Don't worry to much about finding the right spot through effort, but instead enjoy Disneyland, and enjoy her, and I bet you somewhere, somehow the mood, atmosphere and moment will be just right to tell her you love her.

Hope the rant helps. lol

• youtube.com/micahglitters

everyone on micechat is twitterpated lately!

i think you should just say it when it occurs to you that you love them. perhaps they say something really sweet, or smart, or funny, and you have that genuine rush of love. say it then.

and if you want to wait for that at the park, great! just mean it. but if you stage it then thats a lot of pressure on the other person to say it back or respond in some equally dramatic way. just be real.
    "The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after." ~ An imagineer

http://www.facebook.com/micahcard

Thanks for the advice everybody. And I agree, it's not something you can just plan. I guess my question was more what areas or times create the atmosphere where it would naturally happen. I think I will just wing it, but I got some good ideas from you on where the magic will be most likely to happen.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Nothing has the potential to ruin a romantic and sweet moment like overplanning. And what if she doesn't feel the same? That'll not only put her on the spot, it'll leave you with some depressing memories of the happiest place on earth. Don't rush it, and don't try to force a moment to happen.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    It just happens in a place where it means something to the both of you.
    I think you can really only just hope for it to be in a place that means something to both of you. Mine was in a Red Robin restaurant :P
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

You should say when you feel the emotion needs to be expressed, personally, I'd be annoyed to find out it was a public discussion on a forum if it was about me.
    Yaye!

So much for spontaneity. Good luck.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

Say it while you're half-way through your Turkey leg

• Can see my car from here

Nothing says "I Love You" like a trip to the secret bathroom.
    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast