Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

My First Gumball Rally!! Woohoo!!

A short time ago, in a magical place somewhat far away (for us)...

so on our way to the HOJO, the fireworks were going off as we were on the freeway, and yeah, pretty darn cool.

we check into the hotel, my brother goes to the computer to check the UCLA and Dodgers scores, but apparently we took too long cause our parents drove off to find a parking spot without us! so we're chasing down the van all the way across the parking lot to the other side of the hotel! then we get a spot, get to our hotel room, and the first thing i had to do was look at the view! cause we got "stuck with" a park view room.

just remember, my camera sucks.

then i went to sleepy sleep with my stuffed pooh bear.

then i wake up in the morning, not feeling like P. Diddy at all. cause 5:30am is too early for P. Diddy. but it's early enough for the sun!

oh i love to watch the sun rise, especially on Disneyland.

then we head to the check in, then walked to the Bakery, and ate breakfast (well not so much for me) and we're off!!

so we headed to Indy to get a fastpass and then went for the Jungle Cruise, i thought it was cool to say we were the first one to ride a ride of the day!

after that we headed to PotC, and then the Haunted Mansion!

ooooh....horseless carriage.....scary....

well during the ride, there was some technical difficulties, and we got stopped a couple of times, and when we got off, one of the cast members was searching for something underneath the doom buggies, that's all i know.

and then we headed over to splash mountain to get a fastpass and then went on Winnie the Pooh!

funny, my first sight of the RoA construction and it's almost done.

woohooo!! i'm not the only one that likes Winnie the Pooh!!

Duckie!!

Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh, tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff he's Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh, willy nilly silly ol' bear.

STOP! PHOTO TIME!

so then we headed back to Indy, and i'm just gonna say, i sooooo knew the answer to the question before we rode the ride! but it's my favorite so obviously we were still gonna ride it, and my brother got to be driver! he said since he can't drive he should be the driver. i said

i ask him how was it being driver. he gave me that.

so since Splash was down, we got screwed by that, so we walked to frontierland and did the shooting gallery, boy we did not think we actually had to play. luckily i had a few quarters.

then we still didn't know what to do, and i remember those personalized leather bracelets they had were right there, and my bro loved his, but lost his, so i bought him another one (cause he left his money from our grandma in the car).

my attempts to the art of photography.

so instead of taking the train to tomorrowland, we walked to fantasyland and started with Peter Pan first, cause that ride is too awesome to have a short line.

and i got bored in line.

after Peter Pan it was time for Mr. Toad. personally, i think that ride (and Pinocchio) are rather trippy. and short. short and trippy. trippy and short. but i have yet to attempt the goat trick (shout out to goat trick rodeo all stars!!)

speaking of Pinocchio, we rode that afterwards. and now i wonder so much why we did not do snow white, it was right there! oh well.

we then had a churro and and sprite and churro and water stop.

another attempt at artistic photography.

with my dad's dizziness sickness, we split tea cups so me and my bro could spin and my parents just sit there. surprisingly, we weren't as dizzy as the last time we rode it.

then we walked (i'm surprised how much walking we actually did) to tomorrowland to get a fastpass for space mountain, while still having a splash fast pass (we get a loooot of fastpasses) and the it was time for captain EO!! but while waiting in line, i lost my camera! so after searching my purse for like a good 3 minutes, my bro sticks in hand it there, and pulls it out like a magician. then my dad jokes that if you wanted to hide something, put it in a women's purse. you can see where the humor comes from.

btw, captain EO, awesome, and kinda funny to think that's how the 80's were like.

then it was STAR TOURS TIME!!

so i'm still gonna keep thinking this is my last time i'll see the original star tours so i must take pictures of my 3 favorite people!

and last but not least....

Crazy Hair Lady!!

so then a stop to starcade, BLAB (my brother destroyed me, i couldn't not accept defeat) and innoventions (my mom was looking for the future dream bed while we were looking for the future dream kitchen) we had 10 minutes til we can get our 3rd fastpass at one time! so i got a frozen lemonade (from the machine, not the cup) and we sat and waited. and waited. and.......waited a wee longer, then fastpass time! autopia! then we went on the tram.

more attempts to be artistic.

so we take the train to NOS to FINALLY use our splash mountain fastpass!! (our fastpass was scheduled for 9:40, we got there at 1:40 thank you for breaking down)

and i gotta go get my brother from track practice and get him ready for his baseball game! dang time flew by!
    Last edited by GummiBears_Rock; 05-03-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Re: My First Gumball Rally!! Woohoo!!

Love it!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

• Eeyore smiling

Nice job!
    It was fun, wasn't it!

• Here's my 2 cents

beautiful pic of the sunrise on the matterhorn!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

You got stuck with a park view room?

I have never stayed at the HoJo, but I wouldn't mind looking out the window, and seeing the Matterhorn on my next Disneyland vacation.

Great pictures, by the way.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great trip report!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report! Can;t wait to read the rest!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

ok i'm baaack!!

so we get on the train, and then stopped in NOS to head over to Splash Mountain to finally use our fastpass, and my attempt to go down the big drop without holding onto the sidebars, and i did it!!!!

the many faces of Winnie the Brother.

so we finally got that out of the way, and we went back on the train, only to realize the line took us 40 minutes just to get on!!! oh yeah, and i forgot to say this morning after we were done with everything on that side before, the train broke down on us right when were about to take off!

that morse code got a little annoying after a while. but i know the third letter was an A. that's all i know.

and the train finally came!!!!!

so then we were back in tomorrowland to ride space mountain and autopia, so we rode autopia first. i wanted to attempt being on the phone while driving, but the whole steering wheel and pedal were hard enough to keep in control.

then we used our space mountain fastpass, and i think we got that question wrong. i counted 11 which was like between 9 and 12, so did my dad, my mom counted 3 (way to go mom...) and my brother counted 13. so we all agreed with 12, but i wanted to go 9 cause i may have counted too many.

then we went on the monorail, and we spotted my 6th grade teacher and my brother's high jump coach on the monorail!! so that was awesome.

more artistic attempts.

then my dad kept questioning whether the question said if you can see the whole castle at the golden gate bridge or just a part of it, he was overthinking it waaaaaay too much, but that's why he does. when we were on star tours, he was questioning if we were in space, how would we be falling when we got hit? i told him gravatational pull just to end the questioning

so then we headed back to fantasyland to ride as many rides as we can, but that didn't work out when alice in wonderland was having minor difficulties when we were near the front of the line. turns out, someone dropped a plastic spoon. i told myself i wasn't gonna eat soup for a week after that (i had potato cheddar soup at claim jumper the next day.)

then we went on "it's a small world after all" and since me and my brother had the most room ever, i decided "hey! i'm gonna cross my legs!" and that left my the biggest indents of my shoes in my thighs and calves. d'oh.

after that, we had only time for one ride, so which to choose? matterhorn? or Roger Rabbit? we chosed Roger Rabbit (there you go sunrider!)

and after that, we headed back, with a stop at the Disney Gallery for one last point. and then we stopped one more time for a picture of...

hehehehe....

and that was our gumball rally day!! and since i got class in an hour, i'll post the few pics of the after party later!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    You got stuck with a park view room?

I have never stayed at the HoJo, but I wouldn't mind looking out the window, and seeing the Matterhorn on my next Disneyland vacation.

Great pictures, by the way.

hahaha yeah, we reserved a room like a month after we signed up on the first day, and they said all they had left was a park view room, so that's what we got

Awesome report!

• Hukuna Matata!

It was awsome to meet you Jordan, Your a great person,and I am glad your brother won that wonderful watch I hope he gives it to you.

• waitin' to board

Laffite's Landing.............yea I wish...currently about 700 miles away unfortunately.

Some pretty neat pics in there....thanks for posting..

• future rockstar/imagineer

Great TR! Looks like you had a lot of fun... I'm so jealous!
    Can't wait to see the rest!

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing, Jordon! Wonderful report.

• Circle of Ancients

"stuck with" hee hee That was a good one!

Your trip report is hilarious!

And great sunrise shot!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast