Page 10 of 599 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560110510 ... LastLast

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Here's a few more:

Just as a reminder, all of these pictures here were taken by moi.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quite the excellent set of shots, Garfieldo! I particularly like the "male bust" one, good framing...it can be tricky to get a good shot of him. Makes me look forward to my own trip in a few weeks, and much Mansion photography to be done then.

• Inhospitable about happy

I like the gryphon shot. Intriguing framing.

I'm working on converting that 1976 ride-thru tape to a sound file. It'll probably end up on my blog, since I think I know how to put it there. I'll let you all know. It's an interesting tape, fer sher.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Yeti Enthusiast

Here are some pictures of the exterior I took a few years ago. Hopefully I haven't posted them in one of these threads before.

The mansion broke down for a little while. The perfect opportunity to ask to see the Pet Cemetery in the back, which I had never done before!

Here's a panorama of the cemetery. I did this manually using two pictures with very different exposures, so it's not perfect. Bigger version here: http://i41.tinypic.com/zuqtg9.jpg
    Last edited by Matterhorn Boy; 05-11-2010 at 11:11 PM.

• =)

I love the pet cemetery, if for no other reason than the fact that it's the one onstage location where you can really see that edge of Splash Mountain. For ages, I used to wonder what that interface between Splash Mountain and the HM grounds looked like. Then I finally visited the pet cemetery and knew.

But naturally, that wasn't enough, so I had to go get this shot, too...

Obtained from an onstage location with cast member permission, mind you. But still, not a shot you see every day. And for good reason.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Oh boy, this is going to turn into a photo thread. I just got my hands on a Nikon D40 and I have two Disney trips this week. Guess what my favorite subject to shoot is >< I have two interior shots that I've been dying (lol puns) to get and share with my favorite HM geeks!
    dreams. come. true.

Okay, I did it. The full 1976 audio ridethru of the DL HM is up at my blog. I've been trying for hours to get some nice excerpt files posted too, but I'm getting no cooperation from the usual storage sites so far. Scroooot. I'll work on that later. For now, you got an amazing historical doc.

Speaking of docs, tomorrow's the day. It'll be Dr. HBG2.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Okay, I did it. The full 1976 audio ridethru of the DL HM is up at my blog. I've been trying for hours to get some nice excerpt files posted too, but I'm getting no cooperation from the usual storage sites so far. Scroooot. I'll work on that later. For now, you got an amazing historical doc.
    Perhaps converting your samples to MP3 would help. Then your samples would be about 1/10th the size of a wav file. Can't wait to listen to it when I get home tonight!

Thanks for uploading it!

What I noticed:
    *No "hmm?" after "or is it your imagination" - unless it's still like that
    *those laughs in the loading area might just be riders
    *10:13 - maniacal Paul Frees laugh in the Corridor of Doors - they must have replaced it with the milder laugh at some point
    *the attic had the exact same audio as the WDW version (pre-2007)
    *14:00 - stretching room scream - first pop-up behind gate
    *14:12 - cackle - pop-up in front of band
    *14:34 - male scream - blast-up(?)
    *La-La singer in tea party (I think the Tokyo version has it for the mummy's audio)
    *14:48 - growl that turns into weird quack - in front of mummy/opera singers
    *15:00 - drawn out "luhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhh" in front of opera singers or bricklayer
    *sounds like the bricklayer had audio (the WDW version does now)

I think the pop-up sound effects were a real plus to the graveyard. Bring 'em back!

Congratulations!

•   
    • Super Hero

Congratulations, Dr. HBG2!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Congratulations, HBG2! And will have to listen to the audio tonight....being stuck in the mortal realm of 'culinary school' is not conductive to that.

• Perhaps he knows too much

It's really cool to hear the old attic screams again. Those were my cue to squeeze my eyes shut tight when I was 8.

• =)

Thanks for posting that audio...Doctor! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Thanks for uploading it!

What I noticed:
    *No "hmm?" after "or is it your imagination" - unless it's still like that
    *those laughs in the loading area might just be riders
    *10:13 - maniacal Paul Frees laugh in the Corridor of Doors - they must have replaced it with the milder laugh at some point
    *the attic had the exact same audio as the WDW version (pre-2007)
    *14:00 - stretching room scream - first pop-up behind gate
    *14:12 - cackle - pop-up in front of band
    *14:34 - male scream - blast-up(?)
    *La-La singer in tea party (I think the Tokyo version has it for the mummy's audio)
    *14:48 - growl that turns into weird quack - in front of mummy/opera singers
    *15:00 - drawn out "luhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhh" in front of opera singers or bricklayer
    *sounds like the bricklayer had audio (the WDW version does now)

I think the pop-up sound effects were a real plus to the graveyard. Bring 'em back!

Congratulations!
    Thanks. I've got the two clearest Limbo Laughs on short excerpt sound files, so it'll be easy enough to scrutinize them once either Archives.org or eSnips gets its act together, and I can put 'em up. Both sites are just spinning their wheels on me. Anyway, I don't think all of what you hear is rider noise. At least two of the laughs have that artificial reverb attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Congratulations, Dr. HBG2!!
    Mmmmmmmm.... mmmm......

Oh.

Sorry.

That, uh...avatar...every time. Anyway, yeah, thank you.

• Death Certificate on hand

Let me join the throng congratulating you, HBG2. Well deserved recognition for a LOT of hard work.
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM